Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't be discouraged by anyone who comes along to whine about the delay.

Before I started playing Terraria, I was playing a game that frequently delays stuff for months or even more than a year at a time (with no progress in sight), makes a habit of breaking promises and making excuses, cancels things that the community cares about after hyping them up, and frequently releases half-assed updates despite being riddled with micro-transactions.

YOU are doing it right. I have the deepest respect for the Terraria team and the way this game is run. You care about getting things right the first time, and you follow through with that to the best of your ability, even if it means some delays. But you do follow through when the quality meets your expectations. Above all else, we don't have micro-transactions being shoved in our faces all the time like the current trend of many many games. Despite that, this game is still successful and receives amazing updates. If anything, I wish more games followed in Terraria's footsteps.
aww, that's so sweet *tears up*. Anyways you are right The terraria team is amazing and honestly, how many games/updates come out on time? We love you and keep on making this game better!

Thank you!

I don't see this as "another" delay. It's more clarification on when the delay we've already been experiencing will cease.

Different folks, different strokes... and some people aren't great with the patience & understanding.

My main hope is that colour selection for customisation will remain grid-based or have a value indicator on the PC-style sliders. Having freeform colour selection without value indication makes matching near-impossible. If I want characters related... if I want to recreate a character... on PC (as it is now), I'm out of luck.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect; that alone turned me pretty quickly back to focussing on console... I may have missed something...?

Seriously though, how do you expect people to be excited for this update to come out after the summer drought when games are finally happening?

If splitscreen is your last major hurdle then just shelve it for a later update. We've been waiting all throughout the summer drought and now we're supposed to be excited for something that might only launch in November (maybe) now?

All because you weren't able to properly predict the difficulty of splitscreen on the pc build? Come on man! I hate to be Nike but just do it!

Buying console terraria for both xbox360 and PS4 was a mistake. Besides no matter how many times you delay it, it will still have game breaking bugs at release.just release it already!
Even if that were true (released software will practically always contain bugs, yes, but not necessarily fatal ones), you're implying that having few game breaking bugs is equally acceptable to having many. I can assure you many other players will not agree, and neither do the developers.

What about the status about the Nintendo Switch version? Is there any news you can give us regarding that?

The Nintendo Switch version is getting dealt with around the same time as Mobile is, after Console is released, this has been stated many times by Re-Logic members in this thread.
---> https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-an-introduction-future-impacts.61935/page-34

Indeed the other updates will come in time... exactly when is TBD, of course. The focus after console 1.3 launch will be mobile and switch... then I imagine the team will have an update plan in place that they can hopefully share with everyone when the time comes.

Last edited:
One positive thing for me too. I spent a 1½ hours last night trying to get an arch wyvern banner. Still don't have one. :/
GL man, I was actually talking about the Ocram trophy/mask though the banners are also something to work for. The arch demon or vampire miner is probably easier if you don't have it yet and the vampire drops vial of blood which will become a gold bunny.

Even if that were true (released software will practically always contain bugs, yes, but not always fatal ones), you're implying that having few game breaking bugs is equally acceptable as having many. I can assure you many other players will not agree, and neither do the developers.
But it depends onwhat the game breaking bugs do.

I
Please don't be discouraged by anyone who comes along to whine about the delay.

Before I started playing Terraria, I was playing a game that frequently delays stuff for months or even more than a year at a time (with no progress in sight), makes a habit of breaking promises and making excuses, cancels things that the community cares about after hyping them up, and frequently releases half-assed updates despite being riddled with micro-transactions.

YOU are doing it right. I have the deepest respect for the Terraria team and the way this game is run. You care about getting things right the first time, and you follow through with that to the best of your ability, even if it means some delays. But you do follow through when the quality meets your expectations. Above all else, we don't have micro-transactions being shoved in our faces all the time like the current trend of many many games. Despite that, this game is still successful and receives amazing updates. If anything, I wish more games followed in Terraria's footsteps.
I know all those statements to well to know youre probably talking about rainbow 6 seige. That game couldve been so much better

Will It's better than waiting for a full quarter to finish. I'm satisfied with the more few weeks and I hope it finish within the next month at least or maybe it's up to you when to finish the update . I hope the best for the team and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom