Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, "gasp" another delay. Who could have seen this coming. At this point, i think people would have been more suprised if you guys had actually kept your word for a change. Terraria devs have destroyed any credibility you may have had left with this announcement. Only so many times a company can take my money and lie to me, before they are no longer worth my time. Only hope that folks who are thinking about buying one of your games in the future look back over your history, and can see what they are in for. Way to alienate your customers. I had high hopes for this update. Thanks for rewarding folks patience with further disappointment.

Oh look, "gasp" another delay. Who could have seen this coming. At this point, i think people would have been more suprised if you guys had actually kept your word for a change. Terraria devs have destroyed any credibility you may have had left with this announcement. Only so many times a company can take my money and lie to me, before they are no longer worth my time. Only hope that folks who are thinking about buying one of your games in the future look back over your history, and can see what they are in for. Way to alienate your customers. I had high hopes for this update. Thanks for rewarding folks patience with further disappointment.

Almost all terraria updates for console break your game.
And don't give me no noise about "that's why muh pipeworks" I'll believe they can put out a mostly bug free update if it ever actually happens.

But apparently the bigger issue is implementing splitscreen. We seriously have to wait now for :red:ing splitscreen? We have to wait while new games are starting to come out while we pipeworks tries to fix splitscreen? SERIOUSLY?

Wait til the update to bash, let's see if it's a Console 1.2 before you go talking about how bad their service is. (it won't be.)

Quite frankly I hate how you've done nothing but bash PipeWorks over the last 3 Threads.

My real question is.. why does the console terraria cost $20,if it has less content than the PC version.

They generally break your game.
And don't give me no noise about "that's why muh pipeworks" I'll believe they can put out a mostly bug free update if it ever actually happens.

But apparently the bigger issue is implementing splitscreen. We seriously have to wait now for :red:ing splitscreen? We have to wait while new games are starting to come out while we pipeworks tries to fix splitscreen? SERIOUSLY?

Well I play split screen with my siblings,so...yeah.

Wait til the update to bash, let's see if it's a Console 1.2 before you go talking about how bad their service is. (it won't be.)

Quite frankly I hate how you've done nothing but bash PipeWorks over the last 3 Threads.

If they would do anything worth praising like, oh, i don't know, keep their word, i wouldn't have a reason to be upset. Since that is clearly not the case, well, here we are once again.

Show me any pipeworks update for terraria that's mostly bug free.

I get wanting to defend Re-Logic, but it's too early to assume 1.3 won't be a mess if we ever get it.

I get wanting to defend Re-Logic, but it's too early to assume 1.3 won't be a mess if we ever get it.

It's too pessimistic of you to assume that it WILL be a mess, when you have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what this company is like.

[quote="Khaosbringer]
If they would do anything worth praising like, oh, i don't know, keep their word, i wouldn't have a reason to be upset. Since that is clearly not the case, well, here we are once again.[/quote]

Or maybe REBUILD THE ENTIRE :red:ING GAME SO CONSOLE DOESN'T HAVE TO SUFFER THE OLD BUILD.

I agree but not too extreme, if we look at this from a positive viewpoint other games can take our minds off this mini-delay

If that's what you are taking away as the biggest blocker to progress, please do not. Its a focus, but it isn't the "bigger issue", nor is it the cause of you having to wait. :)

For that matter, split-screen is one of THE most popular features of Console Terraria. It is, at this time, probably the most requested PC functionality feature we don't already have (after Gamepad and Improved Localization were added). I really wouldn't sell this short, its a very important feature to tens of thousands of players.

as to be expected, people come here to whine and complain...

boo, how dare you guys make sure the game is functioning properly before releasing this update!

obviously, the best choice is to release a broken mess, so these same people can complain that you should've delayed it to make sure it was working properly!

on a serious note, thanks for the news, it's nice to know the wait is almost over, atleast. :dryadsmile:

seeing these people so immensely upset over a relatively small delay to make sure a massive update and rebuilt-from-the-ground-up version of the game is working as smoothly as possible... it must be nice to have such a comfortable, problem-free life that your biggest complaint is that a game update isn't coming out fast enough. %-_-

it is understandable that things like these have delays but it is not the first time that happens and in my opinion it would be much more comfortable and pleasant that they do not content the community making them believe that the update will be released on the date established by what I believe would be better not to give a date (even on large scales like quarters) and just to give news and let the community know the progress that pipeworks studio is doing to carry out the official launch of the update 1.3 on all platforms established:happy::nursegrin::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime:

True. One last point is that they want to squash as many bugs as then can but surely the game is of a good quality by now. There will still be bugs anyway

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
i was so excited for the update in my opinion as long the update is out before the end of october i wont be that sad or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom