Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again. You don't get to decide who posts where. Don't try to pull that :red: cause that dog won't hunt.

Hey, at least you get what's going on here. I can at least give you that much credit.

@MoeHolyGhost @ZeroJinKui @Khaosbringer @ShadowOfDarkness

That is enough from everyone.

It is one thing to be disappointed and criticize the developers for their decisions, it is fine to be disappointed. What is not fine is to lash out and personally attack other members. Disrespectful behavior is unacceptable no matter how disappointed one is feeling.

It is not acceptable behavior. If it continues after this any continuing offenders will be kicked from this Thread, and potentially have more account action.

as to be expected, people come here to whine and complain...

boo, how dare you guys make sure the game is functioning properly before releasing this update!

obviously, the best choice is to release a broken mess, so these same people can complain that you should've delayed it to make sure it was working properly!

I wish I could like this many times more.

@MoeHolyGhost @ZeroJinKui @Khaosbringer @ShadowOfDarkness
That is enough from everyone.

It is one thing to be disappointed and criticize the developers for their decisions, it is fine to be disappointed. What is not fine is to lash out and personally attack other members. Disrespectful behavior is unacceptable no matter how disappointed one is feeling.

It is not acceptable behavior. If it continues after this any continuing offenders will be kicked from this Thread, and potentially have more account action.

Please read back over my comments. I have not personally attacked anyone in this thread. I have responded to multiple attacks myself, and responded in a way that clarified my position. I have also shown my frustration at the situation. Other than my initial comment, which shows sarcasm towards the continued failure of the company to follow their own schedule, i have not directly referenced or insulted anyone. I won't apologize for being upset about a company not keeping their word.

Last edited:
Not forward, but not nowhere either.
It's important for people to vent their frustrations. If nothing else we managed to air some dirty laundry :)
Jeez.this is getting near Minecraft toxicity. And I don't want that,I want a good community.
The console community in general is toxic. We don't have mods looking over every little thing like they do on League of Legends.
Please read back over my comments. I have not personally attacked anyone in this thread. I have responded to multiple attacks myself, and responded in a way that clarified my position. I have also shown my frustration at the sitiuation. Other than my initial comment, which shows sarcasm towards the continued failure of the company to follow their own schedule, i have not directly referenced or insulted anyone. I won't apologize for being upset about a company not keeping their word.
Yeah Khaos actually didn't call anyone out or take jabs at forum members. That was our doing.

I

I know all those statements to well to know youre probably talking about rainbow 6 seige. That game couldve been so much better

I've never heard of that game, but I think that those things are still problems that plague many newer games. It seems like too many games are being made as a money-grab (or it eventually turns into that) rather than being made for the enjoyment of its players. It's really unfortunate because such games always have a ridiculously passionate player-base and someone throws it all away to milk the players for money. Longevity of the game is shrugged off and before you know it, it's a dying/dead game.

It's important for people to vent their frustrations. If nothing else we managed to air some dirty laundry :)

The first 5 pages of a new thread everyone is going to see should not end up like this, what I meant by that post is, we've likely damaged the thread.

I've never heard of that game, but I think that those things are still problems that plague many newer games. It seems like too many games are being made as a money-grab (or it eventually turns into that) rather than being made for the enjoyment of its players. It's really unfortunate because such games always have a ridiculously passionate player-base and someone throws it all away to milk the players for money. Longevity of the game is shrugged off and before you know it, it's a dying/dead game.

Yet somehow Minecraft still goes on, Mobile/Console versions of that game have/are getting more Micro-Transactions, the name of the killer of those games, except somehow Minecraft is just fine.. I don't understand what keeps it floating, Microsoft has a knack for cheating the system and staying afloat.

Yet somehow Minecraft still goes on, Mobile/Console versions of that game have/are getting more Micro-Transactions, the name of the killer of those games, except somehow Minecraft is just fine.. I don't understand what keeps it floating, Microsoft has a knack for cheating the system and staying afloat.

I have never actually played Minecraft either beyond checking it out for a few minutes, but if that's the direction that Minecraft is headed then I'm honestly glad that I didn't get into it. It might be afloat for now, but it doesn't seem like a sustainable model to me. Eventually the whales spending exorbitant amounts of money on those micro-transactions will grow bored and move on. When it no longer satisfies their need for instant gratification is when the ship will really start to sink. And by then, the loyal passionate player base will have long since left in favor of a better game.

The way you've described it is exactly how I've been feeling about the game I mentioned in my original post though. I was referring to RuneScape, which somehow is still afloat after all these years. At first, we had a promo or two and there was a bit of outrage from the playerbase for Jagex selling out. Now years later, it's literally back to back promos. There's no balance, and the game has lost any dignity that it had left. It's quite sad to see a game morph into what RS has become, but I've seen it with a few others on a smaller scale (their ship sank a lot faster!).

I have never actually played Minecraft either beyond checking it out for a few minutes, but if that's the direction that Minecraft is headed then I'm honestly glad that I didn't get into it. It might be afloat for now, but it doesn't seem like a sustainable model to me. Eventually the whales spending exorbitant amounts of money on those micro-transactions will grow bored and move on. When it no longer satisfies their need for instant gratification is when the ship will really start to sink. And by then, the loyal passionate player base will have long since left in favor of a better game.

The way you've described it is exactly how I've been feeling about the game I mentioned in my original post though. I was referring to RuneScape, which somehow is still afloat after all these years. At first, we had a promo or two and there was a bit of outrage from the playerbase for Jagex selling out. Now years later, it's literally back to back promos. There's no balance, and the game has lost any dignity that it had left. It's quite sad to see a game morph into what RS has become, but I've seen it with a few others on a smaller scale (their ship sank a lot faster!).

Minecraft was ok around v1.5 as it was still owned by it's original creator Markus Persson, but not long after that, Microsoft bought it and broke it.

I rather like Runescape, but I can't play RS3, My computer won't take it, it just crashes on startup, I rather like 2007Scape though, and with the Membership Bonds, it's not that bad, (I would never pay for a membership) However, the Community of Runescape needs a complete remodel, it's full of :red:s.

Terraria has neither issue, I believe.

If they would do anything worth praising like, oh, i don't know, keep their word, i wouldn't have a reason to be upset. Since that is clearly not the case, well, here we are once again.
I find it funny that you blame Pipeworks for the entire history of console updates. Did you forget that up until 1.3 Engine Software were actually the developers behind console? Engine..not Pipeworks. Two different companies all in all. Pipeworks has a passion for getting things right with Terraria. I can see it when they talk about the game and its assets. Give things time. There are literally millions of games you can play while waiting. Unless you truly ONLY play Terraria.

Minecraft was ok around v1.5 as it was still owned by it's original creator Markus Persson, but not long after that, Microsoft bought it and broke it.

I rather like Runescape, but I can't play RS3, My computer won't take it, it just crashes on startup, I rather like 2007Scape though, and with the Membership Bonds, it's not that bad, (I would never pay for a membership) However, the Community of Runescape needs a complete remodel, it's full of :red:s.

If you want to discuss Minecraft, there's a thread for that here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/minecraft-thread.526/

Please keep to the topic of this thread going forward. Thanks.

I'm pretty patient about all this jazz. I mean I got Metroid: Samus Returns recently and am having fun killing Metroids/ I have so many games to play that it's all good. As much as I love Terraria it's not my only loved game. We all need to have patience and distract ourselves. It's all good guys. Pipeworks will see this through. I'm sure they're pretty disappointed too and they wanted to have the update out for everyone to enjoy but if they don't hold themselves up to the standards that Re-logic holds up to with the PC version then what good are they? They're trying to optimize and maintain the quality that the PC version offers but on console. This will take time and vigilance but it will happen. Hakuna Matata!

I find it funny that you blame Pipeworks for the entire history of console updates. Did you forget that up until 1.3 Engine Software were actually the developers behind console? Engine..not Pipeworks. Two different companies all in all. Pipeworks has a passion for getting things right with Terraria. I can see it when they talk about the game and its assets. Give things time. There are literally millions of games you can play while waiting. Unless you truly ONLY play Terraria.

I've never stated that pipeworks is solely responsible for the continuous failure to keep their own stated release expectations.. Pipeworks is not the only part of the terraria dev team that set release expectations. My frustration stems from the company as a whole continously failing to meet the timing the set themselves. Sure, there are plenty of games out there to play. Currently i've picked no mans sky back up after the atlas rising update to see if its worth playing now. The fact that there are other games out there does not mean terraria devs get a pass for not keeping their word. First the promotion of q2 release, that conviced players to buy a new copy on current gen consoles. It was then annouced they might need a "short" delay into q3. That turned out to mean the end of q3, and now a"short" delay into q4. At what point does it become acceptable to criticize them for their failure to keep thier word?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom