tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
It seems to me like nerfing it to 80 base damage is a bit overkill.

At this point I'm pretty sure all of the weapons that are needed to craft the Vivid Clarity are straight up better than it. The base damage before the nerf was somewhere around 400, so its new base damage is around 20% of what it was.

Below one can view the official statement from the Calamity dev team in regards to the recent nerfing of a variety of weapons throughout the game.
871ee55dce7b3b931004289af0dede68.jpg

it's nerf or nothing buckos.
seriously though calamity's balance prior was actually ridiculous so we're working on sorting that out and weapon stats are likely to fluctuate during this time.

It seems to me like nerfing it to 80 base damage is a bit overkill.

At this point I'm pretty sure all of the weapons that are needed to craft the Vivid Clarity are straight up better than it. The base damage before the nerf was somewhere around 400, so its new base damage is around 20% of what it was.
Could you please actually try the weapon and not just look at base damage? You could reach up to 720000 dps with it before.

The Lazers that are coming in from the left and right during the DoG fight are destroying me, any tips for this or should I just deal with it and keep trying?

Is there a way to not have new players start with the Revengance item on their hotbar? like having it admin spawn only?

I've finished a playthough of the rebalanced Calamity. I didn't play with everything, of course, but what I DID use showed me that these nerfs have done nothing but good for Calamity. Everything gels so much better with vanilla now, Calamity no longer feels "balanced around itself" and the vanilla bosses feel like they have a weight to them once more.

It's not perfect, though. The first half of the post game has suffered, as it doesn't feel like the new weaponry is suited to bosses with health that high. A few more patches smoothing that out (ESPECIALLY DoG) later and it'll be great. The pre moonlord phase of the game is downright stellar, now.

I've been meaning to ask, but with the news and teaser of majors resprites of Providence and the like, is the Siren going to get one as well? I really feel like she's due one. The Leviathan looks fine, but she and the pearl lure you get both look like they belong in an Imaginext playset or something with how plastic-y they appear. Especially her trident, that thing looks like a frickin' inflatable toy.

Last edited:
Hey there!

I tried downloading the mod and everything seemed to work fine until I tried to generate a world. The generation hangs on "Generating Structure... Corruption Pits"

Any idea what's going on?

Last edited:
Hey there!

I tried downloading the mod and everything seemed to work fine until I tried to generate a world. The generation hangs on "Generating Structure... Corruption Pits"

Any idea what's going on?
I believe that's a somewhat common issue with tmodloader, restarting the game and creating a new world should work.

I believe that's a somewhat common issue with tmodloader, restarting the game and creating a new world should work.
I tried creating another large world after restarting but unfortunately the same hang occurred. I restarted again and tried small and it worked, so probably something to do with world size and my computer!
Thanks MineCat!

Been trying to Download Calamity via Tmodloader but keep getting de message ""The mod browser server has exceeded its daily bandwitch allotment. Please consult this's mod homepage...". It's been happening since yesterday, but I can download other mods. Does someone have the external link for the newest version?

Been trying to Download Calamity via Tmodloader but keep getting de message ""The mod browser server has exceeded its daily bandwitch allotment. Please consult this's mod homepage...". It's been happening since yesterday, but I can download other mods. Does someone have the external link for the newest version?
Isn't the newest version in the thread?

for all those that try to download/update calamity mod through the mod browser isnt gonna work since the mod/update exceed more than 40 MB, so download it from the first page of the thread, and put it on your mod folder until the modloader team raise the limit, this is the only option.

Back
Top Bottom