tModLoader Teleporters unchained

DRKV

Wall of Flesh
Are you tired of running kilometers of wiring, just to hook up two teleporters? Do you find teleporter hubs complicated and messy? We've got a solution:

* Wireless teleporters *

Wireless teleporters are crafted from a regular teleporter, 10 wires and 8 ectoplasm. They work similarly to regular teleporters, but you don't have to connect them directly with wires. You can change the address of a teleporter by placing gems in its slots.

9wXhUMM.png

Use the Fine-tuning wrench, which is sold by the Steampunker, to lock the teleporter, and connect it to teleporters with the same address.

iZxfqeM.png

The teleporters are connected on a cycle. When you activate a teleporter via wire, it sends things to the next pad, and receives things from the previous. Right click on a teleporter with the wrench, to change its position in the cycle.

The auto-trigger automatically teleports players, that stand on a wireless teleporter. It's crafted from a player above sensor, 5 wires and 3 ectoplasm. It can be attached to the side of wireless teleporters. It can be disabled by a wire signal.

QxniotB.png

Download available on GitHub or through the mod browser.
https://github.com/DRKV333/Teleporters-unchained

Contributions

@DRKV
Most of the coding​
@JamesTMP
Sprites and ideas​
@Spellbound
Wireless teleportation and gem addressing idea​
@AlexanderStarship
Wireless teleportation idea on TMEC​

Last edited:
Any chance of making it so that you can place pressure plates on top? With the regular teleporters I like to put pressure plates on one of the ends so that all you have to do is walk onto it to teleport to the next location

Any chance of making it so that you can place pressure plates on top? With the regular teleporters I like to put pressure plates on one of the ends so that all you have to do is walk onto it to teleport to the next location

There have been some issues with placing chests on top of the pads. The only way I found to fix it so far, was to to make it, so you can't put anything on them. I'll look into it again, but I can't promise anything.

There have been some issues with placing chests on top of the pads. The only way I found to fix it so far, was to to make it, so you can't put anything on them. I'll look into it again, but I can't promise anything.

Well if that doesn't work out, how about a way to use the wrench to toggle whether or not the teleporter activates when walked on?

Well if that doesn't work out, how about a way to use the wrench to toggle whether or not the teleporter activates when walked on?
I've actually just found a way to stop only chests from being placed on the pads. That would be great feature though. I might do that later.

doesnt work in multiplayer. can you fix it for multi?
I've mostly fixed that, actually. There are a few more things I want to finish before I release a new version. I should be able to do that this weekend. I got delayed a bit, because the cooler on my main computer died.

Updated to version 1.1
- Fixed multiplayer
- Fixed tile object placement on teleporters
- Added auto-trigger

The auto-trigger automatically teleports players, that stand on a wireless teleporter. I's crafted from a player above sensor, 5 wires and 3 ectoplasm.

i get many errors when trying to build it. is there a way to get the correct file already built. the mod browser downloader doesnt work with all mods and have to manually add them.

do i need visual studio. i jsut took the files in that github and put in in the tmodloader source and have it build it thou that. but that leads me to lots of errors. all of them are about cant find files ect.

so i fixed one part of those errors. somehow i was missing a folder the modcompile.

so once the file where compiled right, found the your mod in the mod section. Great.

now i get this error.
A mod's internal name cannot contain a period
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.VerifyNames(List`1 mods)

Last edited:
do i need visual studio. i jsut took the files in that github and put in in the tmodloader source and have it build it thou that. but that leads me to lots of errors. all of them are about cant find files ect.

so i fixed one part of those errors. somehow i was missing a folder the modcompile.

so once the file where compiled right, found the your mod in the mod section. Great.

now i get this error.
A mod's internal name cannot contain a period
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.VerifyNames(List`1 mods)
You don't need Visual Studio, it should work fine from TModLoader.
Do you, by chance, have an extra period in the name of one of your .tmod files in the Terraria\ModLoader\Mods folder? That's what that error suggests.

You don't need Visual Studio, it should work fine from TModLoader.
Do you, by chance, have an extra period in the name of one of your .tmod files in the Terraria\ModLoader\Mods folder? That's what that error suggests.

no nothing in my tmod folder has any extra periods. What really make this stupid is that it doesnt tell u the file name nor does it give u the correct path. i have no Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.VerifyNames ect. is it saying that have a modloader with in another modloader or something. but this only happens when i load your mod. everyone else mods i try does not give me error.

My only gripe is you can't really use them until you've already mostly beaten the game because they require ectoplasm. The wireless mod lets you get them as soon as you get the steampunker, which makes sense because that's when teleporters unlock.

I think the steampunker should just sell these items, or make the recipe something you can achieve with 1 mechanical boss down (teleporter + souls of night and light?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom