Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely off-topic, but can any dev tell me how they are doing with Terraria: Otherworld? Not terms of how close you are to being done, more like if the process is going well for you guys.

Delays are always disappointing, but what are you gonna do? It's been like 2 years since this update released on PC and considering Terraria is currently 20 dollars on the PSN store, I can't really fault people who are upset for basically feeling like second class customers. For me personally, of course I'm disappointed at yet another delay, but I also understand that redoing the game from scratch is going to take some time, especially to make it identical to the PC version - which I appreciate. I would rather the next time we get information about this update to have a release date finally, instead of essentially tiptoeing around it and ensuring us it will eventually be done before Kingdom Hearts 3. I love the game and I'm glad the update is coming, but it's been too long and most people are tired of hearing about the fluff.

Last edited:
I feel like when we get a concrete answer as to how far we are and how much longer this will take, people will begin to calm down a little.
So if the game is basically going to be scrapped, gutted, and sewn back together, how large of an update is this going to be in terms of data size?

i feel as though the number of pages on this thread is the same number of days it should take to get a release(or atliest sent for cert testing) lets hope it doesnt get any longer

Last edited:
i feel as though the number of pages on this thread is the same number of days it should take to get a release(or atliest sent for cert testing)
If you mean from today, then yeah, that's pretty realistic. If you mean from the date this was posted on, maybe not.

I feel like when we get a concrete answer as to how far we are and how much longer this will take, people will begin to calm down a little.
So if the game is basically going to be scrapped, gutted, and sewn back together, how large of an update is this going to be in terms of data size?
I imagine that it's gonna be like basically downloading the entire game again, plus more

Question, will there be a PC Zoom feature or Mobile Zoom version in this update? In my opinion it’s easier to Zoom in and out on the go then have to go to setting to get what you want.

There's hotkeys for zooming in and out on PC I'm pretty sure. But some hotkeys like zooming on mobile would be nice, although that would probably require a controller ~:p

There's hotkeys for zooming in and out on PC I'm pretty sure. But some hotkeys like zooming on mobile would be nice, although that would probably require a controller ~:p

A solution could be to use volume keys up and down whilst a menu is open, something similar to consoles - Pause screen - LT/L2 & RT/R2 to zoom in and out

Not sure about mobile devices without a volume rocker/up & down buttons, that's an issue for the devs to figure out tho :)

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered: what version of 1.3/ what lists of changes will we experience in the update?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered: what version of 1.3/ what lists of changes will we experience in the update?
Predominantly 1.3.0.7, with other minor changes.

The PC 1.3 changelog is here, it should give the basic changes. You can also consult the wiki.

Major things not included with this update: the wiring update, the Old One's Army event, the Desert/Sandstorm event.

1.3 this is going to be awesome Im ready to take on the moon lord and set him a blaze. I might go out but its going to be in a blaze of glory! and if i dont die i get to try that new portal gun! :D:D

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Thank you pipe works for this info. Do you have an exact release date?

I'm just ready to fight the Moon Lord. Im kind of tired of fighting the Duke over and over again lol
every time you summon fishron or use up any bait take a shot of your favorite alchohlic beverage and two shots when he is defeated and you will drink until he looks like the moon lord lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom