tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, scooter. I'm glad you're working on the Metroid mod again, and I wish you the best of luck. I would just like to know, would it be too much to have an estimate on how much you've done since you started it back up? It'd quell my curiosity to see just how "slow" mod progress is going, if it even is slow.
Let's see, we've been working on this for nearly 5 months...
Well, we've got most of the basic items in place. We have all suits up to Gravity currently (we don't have any Phazon content implemented yet, but that's the next step), and the Power Beam is fully implemented along with its addons, as well as the Missile Launcher. And basically all accessories are relatively finished (though, Spider Ball is still WIP). Joost has been working on a Chozo Ruins-type area that houses the Torizo boss.

My primary focus is bosses. Kraid, Serris and the Torizo are implemented and are basically "complete" until further notice; and I'm working on reprogramming Phantoon from the ground up...

All in all, I'd say we're at about maybe 40-45% complete until a release (maybe? not sure how extensive we want the first release to be).

I want to say the first release may be sometime next year, but I honestly can't say for sure.

Uh... wow...

Yeah, this is the general idea for now. We don't really have any plans to make, well, summoner-class items; let alone anything as overly complicated as eduardokirbyfan is describing. Definite food for thought, however.
With the idea of Metroids being enemies, is there a possibility of Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, and Omega Metroids being enemies, instead, or, to make the whole "summoner weapon" thing simpler, as a single weapon that you upgrade through the course of the game in a similar style to the Spirit Mod's relic weapons?

With the idea of Metroids being enemies, is there a possibility of Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, and Omega Metroids being enemies, instead, or, to make the whole "summoner weapon" thing simpler, as a single weapon that you upgrade through the course of the game in a similar style to the Spirit Mod's relic weapons?
Yes, I do plan to add the other evolutionary variants of the Metroids (and even the Phazon variants). The Metroid pet, however, may just be a vanity thing in the beginning. After an initial release, I may put some more thought and planning into it (it may play an actual role in the Mother Brain battle, but that's still a ways away).

Yes, I do plan to add the other evolutionary variants of the Metroids (and even the Phazon variants). The Metroid pet, however, may just be a vanity thing in the beginning. After an initial release, I may put some more thought and planning into it (it may play an actual role in the Mother Brain battle, but that's still a ways away).
Alright. Thanks for the info.

I Can't wait for this mod to be finished. Until then, I just made a simple vanity power suit for myself. Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom