PC Trouble with fluid dynamics

It’s hard to test whether double output pump systems work at all since all output pumps stop working when fully submerged. In order to keep them pumping we need to place the high up and allow the water to drain thus there will always be some falling involved.

In the interest of science I did an A/B test,

View attachment 185628 View attachment 185629

Double pumps do improve yield. However the mechanism in which it does so ... Does it just make water split slightly more? Or is it really generating extra water as the wiki claimed?

If it's the latter ... it's not generating much. The improvement in yield is much less than 200%.
Did you eyeball it to make sure both pumps were outputting throughout? The most dramatic failure mode I saw was that one of the output pumps simply wouldn't.
Here it is with wiring,
<image>
Not quite what I mean -- even wiring that looks perfectly good, can be weirdly unreliable as seen by watching the actual fluids flowing.

Did you eyeball it to make sure both pumps were outputting throughout? The most dramatic failure mode I saw was that one of the output pumps simply wouldn't.

Not quite what I mean -- even wiring that looks perfectly good, can be weirdly unreliable as seen by watching the actual fluids flowing.
Yes, it's all unreliable - even the splitting method.

To set once and for all what happens when you wire 2 output pumps to 1 input:

Yes, it's all unreliable - even the splitting method.

To set once and for all what happens when you wire 2 output pumps to 1 input:

Heh, an excellent experimental design and demonstration. I hadn't even thought of that possibility, but it does explain a lot..

ETA: Would you consider putting that animation, or perhaps a more closely-clipped version, on the Wiki's "Guide to Liquids" page?

Heh, an excellent experimental design and demonstration. I hadn't even thought of that possibility, but it does explain a lot..

ETA: Would you consider putting that animation, or perhaps a more closely-clipped version, on the Wiki's "Guide to Liquids" page?
I don't know how to crop videos unfortunately - nor how to turn them to gifs.

I made a post in the guide's discussion page though. I will leave it to the author of the guide.

Back
Top Bottom