Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
When 1.3 comes out is the console version going to be comatible with servers and mods
[doublepost=1508107167,1508107125][/doublepost]like realy:sigh:
I mean, you can already invite friends to worlds. Complicated servers require a lot of plugins, which is a job for a PC.
Mods are illegal. Mods on any console game are more like DLC. Like, if Re-Logic made Calamity, then it'd be considered an add-on or an extension.
So no to both. It's honestly kinda silly that you think this stuff is long overdue

When 1.3 comes out is the console version going to be comatible with servers and mods
[doublepost=1508107167,1508107125][/doublepost]like realy:sigh:

Ps4 is not friendly to mods, so will most most likely never recieve them. Microsoft is a little more open to them, so there is a chance you may see some in the future.. As for whether or not mods are illigal, that's still a bit murky, but laws are slowly opening up a path to removing restrictions. A supreme court case a few months ago found that if you purchase your device or content, you own it and are not restricted with what actions you take with them. You can research it yourself, but here's a video that explains the ruling and some of the current restrictions.
Hope this helps explain it a bit.
It's not remotely silly to want to own what you purchase, and change it how you want.

Last edited:
Ps4 is not friendly to mods, so will most most likely never recieve them. Microsoft is a little more open to them, so there is a chance you may see some in the future.. As for whether or not mods are illigal, that's still a bit murky, but laws are slowly opening up a path to removing restrictions. A supreme court case a few months ago found that if you purchase your device or content, you own it and are not restricted with what actions you take with them. You can research it yourself, but here's a video that explains the ruling and some of the current restrictions.
It's not remotely silly to want to own what you purchase, and change it how you want.
Mods have never been illegal except when using copyrighted material. Modifying your hardware has been pretty clearly ruled in the consumers favor, and little known laws actually prevent companies from refusing your warranty if you attempt to repair your own goods. Companies are trying to erode that right though.

Sony and Microsoft are hesitant about mods because of things like the GTA Hot Coffee controversy. The content was only enabled by mods, but console makers caught a lot of bad PR for letting that stuff get past them. Actual player mods would be even harder to moderate, and any content of a sexual nature would be a serious problem for all involved. Consoles are still viewed in the mainstream consciousness as toys, thus anything even remotely like adult material would be a "threat to our children."

You own the hardware for your console, but you are only granted a license to use the OS on that console under conditions set by the console manufacturers (the EULA). They control the development and distribution of all games and software for their systems. If you violate their conditions, they can revoke your license to use their software, and you're left with the hunk of metal and plastic that you bought.

We can't even allow you to write on signs in console Terraria at this time. I would not expect to be able to have user-created mods anytime soon. Mods do not fit into the business model of the console manufacturers.

Microsoft doesn't want you to have "Mods" they want you to have "DLC"... "Mods" that the original creators made.
And then they sell it to you for like $5 each.

Look at Minecraft, and like any XBox Game, or Microsoft Office.

Sadly only on xbox currently. Microsofts a little more open to the idea. Sony tends to shoot them down whenever the requests are made. They've stated that the psn hacks are a big reason for it, since mods may open them up to more hacks as well as possible stability issues due to hardware constraints.. From what i've seen folks are sceptical of their reasoning, and the general consensus is that they prefer to keep them only as addons, since they can make money off of the micro transactions, where a modding community would be able to produce content that sometimes is actually better then the original, and not have to worry about the pay wall. They've gone back and forth with bethesda for awhile now because of this.
That's not quite true. While free mods for Fallout and Skyrim on PS4 are much more limited than on XB1, they do currently exist. That said I do worry about what the newest paid mods initiative will usher in.

That's not quite true. While free mods for Fallout and Skyrim on PS4 are much more limited than on XB1, they do currently exist. That said I do worry about what the newest paid mods initiative will usher in.

Has that changed? Haven't dusted off my fallout 4 in awhile so i didn't know sony finally signed off on them. Last i heard sony had closed the door and nailed it shut. Are the actually mods or are they just re-skins? I might have to look into it. Are they allowing new models aand behaviors or just shuffling the pieces around?

Edit: looks like you can play around with the numbers and tweek appearances, but are unable to add in external resources. Looking like microsoft still has far less restrictions. Basically, Sony is letting you take your lego sets apart and put the pieces back in different places, but Microsoft allows you to add in new playsets.

Last edited:
The base console versions final boss was plantera. I think golem was brought in 1.2.4 or so.

I was only recently able to update, so I spent a while on the base version. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Golem and Plantera were a part of 1.2.

Console announcement came just after 1.1 was released - so that was its basis. I suspect the confusion may stem from current gen coming out like a year+ later than old gen, meaning it would have launched with whatever content had been reached at the time (possibly 1.2 tier).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom