How to easily get a Daedalus Stormbow

Did you use this method for accessories and weapons for the Mechanical Bosses?

• Total voters

adimblade27

Steampunker
Wiki Page: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Daedalus_Stormbow

You can easily get a Daedalus Stormbow, or other mimic drops, by first, crafting a Key of Light for a Hallowed Mimic using 15 Souls of Light at a work bench, or a Key of Night using 15 Souls of Night at a work bench for a Corrupt/Crimson Mimic.
Second, make a small area for a normal Wooden Chest that has a 1/4 tile of Lava and other traps. (Mobile users can use explosives to get Lizhard Traps at the entrance of the Jungle Temple!) Then, place the Key in the chest with nothing else then back away, letting the artificial mimic get killed by the trap.

Tip:
Don't use too much lava or the drops will burn!

"It performs a "pound" attack, whereby it leaps into the air above the player and swiftly drops down. Mimics can travel through blocks during this attack.
If the player attempts to escape, the Mimic dashes after the player at high speed (slightly over 51 mph). This attack can also travel through blocks."
- Terraria Wiki.

(unless you can insta-kill it, of course.)

Can you make a picture of this? Won't the mimics jump around, how do you deal with that a picture would explain a lot.

A better way I've found is to make a long skybridge, place the chest at one end with health regen furniture, and then spawn the Mimic with the Key. You run, firing at the Mimic as you do so, staying ahead so it chases you, but not so much that it despawns. Shoot until dead, and collect your loot.

I've never understood the obsession with the Stormbow. It's incredible inaccurate, situational, and has low velocity. Give me an Ice Bow or Marrow over it any day, those weapons are easy grinds and will last a long time, plus have godly accuracy.

I've never understood the obsession with the Stormbow. It's incredible inaccurate, situational, and has low velocity. Give me an Ice Bow or Marrow over it any day, those weapons are easy grinds and will last a long time, plus have godly accuracy.

Because Daedelus is indirect fire. It's a completely different weapon than Ice or Marrow, which require line of sight. Daedelus makes killing the mechanical destroyer trivial. It is also great for indirect damage against massed enemies from safe cover, like pirate invasion or the moon crystals.

Because Daedelus is indirect fire. It's a completely different weapon than Ice or Marrow, which require line of sight. Daedelus makes killing the mechanical destroyer trivial. It is also great for indirect damage against massed enemies from safe cover, like pirate invasion or the moon crystals.
If you think cheesing bosses without a challenge is fun, I guess.

Just going to leave this here, lol. Bad video quality, I know, but if you skip two-thirds into the video, you get the idea.

Anyways, in response to the OP:

An easier way to kill Biome Mimics is to hollow out several passages with large blocks that you can duck and weave around and get an Amarok. Keep the yo-yo on the mimic and keep moving, ducking around the terrain. The chest will jump at you, and you might take the occasional hit, but you should be fine. When I get to hardmode on my latest playthrough, I'll see if I can get a mimic kill recorded to give you an idea of how to kill one with just a yo-yo and nothing else in early hardmode.

Probably, the easiest way to kill biome mimic is to pour lava on it or just spawn mimic in this liquid. The damage taken from lava won't wake them up, so the only thing you should do is waiting.

Back
Top Bottom