[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow, if anything. The main reason why the team can't pass it off is due to the assets and how they are sourced from so many authors and internally credited, and just had to decline a private message asking that as well.

Blah's been busy, on top of losing his TCF e-mail a year ago, which explains his inactivity. I'm simply in a corner at this point: I can't get the thread changed to my permission due to Blah not being able to log in, and I need new blood for the team, so-to speak. Several members moved on, which has hampered things.

At everyone: I'm going to ask, since I cannot source the mod to anyone, I can redirect and rewrite that question to news all of you might have wanted or even needed at this point:

Who is supportive enough of the mod to join the team and code/sprite in content on the TModLoader platform where things left off? I may not can give the mod off to someone or another team, but I can take coders and spriters in under the team name to still be in compliance with agreements and still have the community develop a large hunk of it in the main team's business and moving on.
I suggest that you make the tml version open source on github - that way, people who do not want to make a long term commitment to it can still submit the odd pull request. If it was on github, I would gladly submit some code every so often.

I suggest that you make the tml version open source on github - that way, people who do not want to make a long term commitment to it can still submit the odd pull request. If it was on github, I would gladly submit some code every so often.
If you have any code for the mod developed independently, pack it into a .zip and Dropbox it over to me. Can't make the mod open-sourced due to the asset agreements. Same case as to why I can't hand it off.

-Snip-
Who is supportive enough of the mod to join the team and code/sprite in content on the TModLoader platform where things left off? I may not can give the mod off to someone or another team, but I can take coders and spriters in under the team name to still be in compliance with agreements and still have the community develop a large hunk of it in the main team's business and moving on.
This could get things on the go again, it'd be great if it did.
i dont get why this post has 6 likes its two words
The answer is simple, everyone agreed with what he said. :p

A couple months ago, I was trying to port the 1.2.4.1 mod to tmodloader, and I was doing well, but some big obstacles (*Cough Contagion Cough*) were just to much for me so I stopped working on it. For not knowing much about coding, I think I did a decent job.

Slow, if anything. The main reason why the team can't pass it off is due to the assets and how they are sourced from so many authors and internally credited, and just had to decline a private message asking that as well.

Blah's been busy, on top of losing his TCF e-mail a year ago, which explains his inactivity. I'm simply in a corner at this point: I can't get the thread changed to my permission due to Blah not being able to log in, and I need new blood for the team, so-to speak. Several members moved on, which has hampered things.

At everyone: I'm going to ask, since I cannot source the mod to anyone, I can redirect and rewrite that question to news all of you might have wanted or even needed at this point:

Try some Terraria discords, since Avalon was a very popular mod many people would love to "resurrect" it, I'm sure.

Can someone hit me up with a working link for the tConfig version? The one on the front page says it doesn't exist anymore when I click on it.

Here's the version I have lying around on my HDD. No guarantees whatsoever that it actually works, though.

Attachments

• avalon.tar.xz
    8.3 MB · Views: 351
hey, it's been 8 days. how are you?

well, you'd have to get tconfig to work. sadly, 1.1.2 doesn't work anymore due to game launcher and terrariaonline isn't up anymore, therefore no tconfig downloader in sight. isn't there a downloader for tconfig on the avalon wiki, though?
Well uhhh, ive got tconfig working and everything i just cant find the download for the tconfig version.

30/11/2017 13:56:15
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". Cannot find ContentTypeReader ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader, ReLogic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.InstantiateTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, ContentTypeReader& reader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.GetTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, List`1& newTypeReaders)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.ReadTypeManifest(Int32 typeCount, ContentReader contentReader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadHeader()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
someone please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom