tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
last time i checked this mod the mod maker pony lad said hes not gonna do anything about multiplayer anymore because its too hard. That's why i want to know if there is someone that plays multiplayer with this mod that experiences bugs like providence despawning after 1 player dies

can i suggest a little thing for this mod?

could you make possible to summon the Brimstone Elemental outside of the crags aftear defeating it once? i mean, summon her in another part of the underworld because flying to the edge of hell just for a boss battle consumes time. i tried making a hellevator directly to the entrance of the biome to get into the fight ASAP but still takes a long time in the descent and mobs swarm every corner even with a calming potion.

so its hard to reach the site in one piece to have a good start on that fight. i wouldnt have this issue if i could summon her right at the entrance from the true hellevator. doing the trip once was enough, but having to go several times and do the fight on top for a 10% chance of an item is horrible.

Hey guys, i was just wondering about the calamity spawner item!
i searched for it and i saw that the item was removed .. So~ is there any other way to get it... or maybe an item that does the same as the calamity spawner

Ohhh I see, I did have inferno wisp dye which made it yellow. However without the dye the siren is still blue and looks like a duck? I thought it would be green and should resemble the siren from the leviathan boss.
I believe the Pearl of Enthrallment/Heart of the Elements Siren looks like a blue blob.

Aww man, could you please remove the Dps caps? I just spend months putting everything togeather, Fargo souls and other such items. Now they’re useless, I mean what’s the point of all this great stuff if I can’t use it to the full extent?

So apparently you're supposed to be able to summon the brimstone elemental before you defeat Plantera, but there's one small issue with that: You need ectoplasm to be able to make a charred idol which is the only way you can summon her. You can only see spirits in the dungeon after you defeat Plantera, so am I missing something? Is there already a charred idol in the profaned crags, or something? I'm really confused about this.

so its hard to reach the site in one piece to have a good start on that fight. i wouldnt have this issue if i could summon her right at the entrance from the true hellevator. doing the trip once was enough, but having to go several times and do the fight on top for a 10% chance of an item is horrible.

If you want to make your life a lot easier in general, I would highly recommend either Wireless or Teleporters Unchained (better, if you ask me); both mods that allow you to set up teleporters without having to drag an :red:-load of wire all over the world. Having a teleporter set up right next to the crags is great not only for doing stuff in the crags themselves, but is also ideal for setting up a bridge for the WoF. I'm gonna assume the Brimstone Elemental isn't going to be leaving the crags anytime soon, since I'd imagine the high stress rate in the crags is part of the challenge, at least for Revengence players.

can i suggest a little thing for this mod?

could you make possible to summon the Brimstone Elemental outside of the crags aftear defeating it once? i mean, summon her in another part of the underworld because flying to the edge of hell just for a boss battle consumes time. i tried making a hellevator directly to the entrance of the biome to get into the fight ASAP but still takes a long time in the descent and mobs swarm every corner even with a calming potion.

you know you can craft multiple spawners yes?

... This may be a bit of an odd question but is there any chance you could add a pet item that's just a mini Yharon? They might be slaughtering me mercilessly right now but I would love to have them as a pet.

hello lads. anyone here play multiplayer? (one day my answers will be answered) not many people play multiplayer i can see
Iplay multiplayer exclusively and found a few bugs. Providence despawns after one player dies, the dungeon sentinel of the devourer goes invisible and eventually despawns when one person dies, and the devourer of gods sometimes teleports and doesnt drop loot bags or spawn new enemies.

Iplay multiplayer exclusively and found a few bugs. Providence despawns after one player dies, the dungeon sentinel of the devourer goes invisible and eventually despawns when one person dies, and the devourer of gods sometimes teleports and doesnt drop loot bags or spawn new enemies.
oh goodness so the developer was right when he said: I am not fixing multiplayer anymore because its too hard to work with. That's a real shame I was looking to play with my friends but i guess one less mod wont hurt

First off let me say I love this mod (I would add that Yharon tag to my sig but I couldn't figure out where to edit my sig as I don't normally go on forums) it's hands down my favorite out there. The amazing amount and quality of content this mod adds at every step of the game has me astonished. I especially liked the pre-hard mode and early hard mode content as those are areas of the base game I felt were a bit rigid, I always felt like pre-hard mode was too short and became too easy and trival after doing it so many times and I always felt like there should be more stuff before the mechs, but this mod fixes up those areas. It adds more to pre-hard mode like the armor sets with different helmets to differ the classes earlier on in the game and adds a slew of great new pre-hard mode bosses and equipment tiers that make pre-hard more feel much more complete, and the content before the mechs makes the transition to hard much smoother and eliminates much of the hassle of gearing up to take on the first mech since the items cryogen drops are great for fighting them, hell I even beat the twins in hellstone armor with the Bladecrest Oathsword (normal mode of course). However I have one real distaste with the recent changes, most of them were great, I love how DoG now has a second form, that really caught me off guard the first time, I had lots of fun playing around with him and trying to beat him again, the new Astrum Dues feels a lot more original as he used to seem a bit lack luster and generic. But the new Supreme Calamitas is what bothers me. For the most part I love it too, it's much more challenging, interesting, and original than the old one and it truly feels worthy of coming after Yharon and actually feels difficult after coming out of the fight with Yharon. My main problem is the hit counter. My set up I ended using after a few attempts was as follows: Worm scarf, Bloody Worm Scarf, Elysian Tracers, Asgardian Aegis, and The Sponge with Auric Tesla armor. Everything reforged to warding and I was using all the defensive buff potions (Endurance, Yharim stimulants, Titan scale, Lifeforce, Candence, regeneration, and even ironskin for what its worth). With this set up I was taking ~200 damage from the hellblasts in the opening attack and no damage through out the fight really surpassed that by much. On top of all that I was using Omega healing potions for my healing. By doing this I could easily survive more than the 30 (according to the wiki) hits that the anti-cheat allows over the course of the fight. I found myself getting "doused on" every time around the time Cataclysm and Catastrophe join the fight or during the bullet hell that takes place shortly after their deaths. I am not saying it's unfair, there's plenty of people who've done it, I'm just pointing out that the anti-cheat can and defiantly will kill tankier players who are exclusively using calamity. I can't help but feel a bit cheated by this mechanic. I strongly agree with Umbrae, who posted at the top of page 581, the bullet hell combined with the hit counter makes the fight feel a tad cheap, honestly I have no personal problem with the bullet hell, in fact I've grown quite fond of that epic feeling when I dance right in between like 20 hellblasts and get a perfect teleport out of a nasty cluster, it's the hit counter that really spoils the experience for me.

TL;DR: Great mod, I love it. The recent changes are great. The new Supreme Calamitas is mostly great, but the hit counter and "dousing" that ensues doesn't seem right to me.

Edit: removed the name another mod in case that violates the rules

The hit counter for supreme calamitas is not going to be removed because it's meant to be the final challenge the mod has to offer as it stands now. It's only going to be fun for people that like dying repeatedly (sometimes 50+ times) and finally overcoming it, or for those types of people that are really good at dodging everything (I am not one of these people, I die a lot). But I know that some people will disagree and that's fine, it's not meant to be nice, in fact it's meant to be very brutal and unforgiving if you mess up.

Also for those not on Discord here are the changes I've made so far for 1.2.3 (releasing on the 15th of this month):
Code:
1 - Made Yharon's second phase slower so it's easier to understand what the hell he's doing. 
2 - Made DoG slower in both phase 1 and 2. 
3 - Made DoG cut the player's X velocity while he's active. 
4 - Made DoG's segments in phase 2 change color depending on how much damage they've taken.  This indicates that the segment is no longer taking nearly as much damage. 
5 - Made DoT/"Another Worm Boss" slower. 
6 - Made Warped debuff only affect the player's Y velocity. 
7 - Made Extreme Gravity debuff cuts flight time by 75% instead of 66%. 
8 - Made Providence operate on a pattern rather than being random.  For example, she always uses her attacks in a pattern now so that she can't spam the stupid cocoon attacks. 
9 - Made Providence inflict the Icarus' Foley debuff for longer. 
10 - DoG's first phase no longer drops the Rod of Discord. 
11 - Made DoG's second phase laser walls have gaps/holes in them to dodge through. 
12 - Reduced the amount of stress Supreme Calamitas inflicts (30 to 15). 
13 - Reduced the amount of stress DoG inflicts (30 to 15). 
14 - Increased the amount of stress Yharon inflicts (12 to 15). 
15 - New Tarratomere, Siren's Song, Daylight, Moonlight, and Cosmolight sprites. 
16 - Made Pumpking, Ice Queen, and Mothron immune to the Exo Freeze debuffs. 
17 - Made the Arm's Dealer, Dryad, and Merchant sell their special world evil items (Musket if you have Crimson, Panic Necklace if you have Corruption, etc.) when it's not a Blood Moon. 
18 - Made SCal's attack phases (the non-bullet hell ones) operate on a pattern like Providence.  It may seem random but there is indeed a pattern now. 
19 - Boosted the damage of Providence's projectiles. 
20 - Providence's molten globs now sit on platforms. 
21 - Increased Blood Orb drop rate both with the Bloodflare armor and without. 
22 - Made Storm Weaver Probes less annoying.
23 - Buffed Signus' attack patterns and ferocity.  He uses different fireballs when at half HP and does his flames from the sky attack sooner. 
24 - Adjustments made to Alpha Ray and Genisis damage. 
25 - Heart of the Elements minion damage adjusted. 
26 - Added Celestus, Fabsol, Squishy Bean, and Statis' Belt of Curses. 
27 - Added new sprites for the upgraded mana stars. 
28 - Made several adjustments to Polterghast.  Made his projectiles bounce less but do more damage.  Made all of his attacks use the same cooldown slots (before you could get hit by multiple attacks at once).  Boosted his contact damage.  Made the little ghost dudes in his final phase rotate slower.  Boosted his HP. 
29 - Reduced Lifehunt Scythe projectile pierce from 5 to 3. 
30 - Reduced DoG projectile damage values. 
31 - Reduced DoG second phase HP. 
32 - DoG disables mounts. 
33 - Using the Rod of Discord during the DoG battle will cause your life to erode over time. 
34 - Lowered the life and damage scaling of the Post-DoG Frost Moon. 
35 - Added new DoG Phase 2 theme. 
36 - Yharon's phase 2 fireballs now explode earlier. 
37 - New Bumblebirb weapon and elemental weapon sprites. 
38 - Purge Guzzler laser piercing reduced from infinite to 3. 
39 - Reduced the stars created by holy arrows damage by 75% on revengeance. 
40 - Reduced Profaned Energy spawn rate because they're annoying as :red:. 
41 - Reduced the damage of the split Terra Arrows and the meteors spawned from Elysian Arrows. 
42 - DoG disables teleporters but not the magic mirrors. 
43 - Made dust spawned from Seraph Tracers/Elysian Tracers less erratic.  It looks better now. 
44 - Added new very powerful debuff to demonshade instead of shadowflame that is inflicted by all classes.
45 - Fixed Elemental Quiver making certain ranged weapons buggy when fired (Phantasm, Vortex Beater, etc.). 
46 - Nerfed Photoviscerator base damage. 
47 - Reduced Daemon's Flame arrow pierce from infinite to 5.

I have a problem. The Devourer of Gods who know has a Final Phase won't respawn after I killed him ( playing with some friends on a private server).
Anyone knows why or how to fix it?

The hit counter for supreme calamitas is not going to be removed because it's meant to be the final challenge the mod has to offer as it stands now. It's only going to be fun for people that like dying repeatedly (sometimes 50+ times) and finally overcoming it, or for those types of people that are really good at dodging everything (I am not one of these people, I die a lot). But I know that some people will disagree and that's fine, it's not meant to be nice, in fact it's meant to be very brutal and unforgiving if you mess up.

Also for those not on Discord here are the changes I've made so far for 1.2.3 (releasing on the 15th of this month):
Code:
1 - Made Yharon's second phase slower so it's easier to understand what the hell he's doing.
2 - Made DoG slower in both phase 1 and 2.
3 - Made DoG cut the player's X velocity while he's active.
4 - Made DoG's segments in phase 2 change color depending on how much damage they've taken.  This indicates that the segment is no longer taking nearly as much damage.
5 - Made DoT/"Another Worm Boss" slower.
6 - Made Warped debuff only affect the player's Y velocity.
7 - Made Extreme Gravity debuff cuts flight time by 75% instead of 66%.
8 - Made Providence operate on a pattern rather than being random.  For example, she always uses her attacks in a pattern now so that she can't spam the stupid cocoon attacks.
9 - Made Providence inflict the Icarus' Foley debuff for longer.
10 - DoG's first phase no longer drops the Rod of Discord.
11 - Made DoG's second phase laser walls have gaps/holes in them to dodge through.
12 - Reduced the amount of stress Supreme Calamitas inflicts (30 to 15).
13 - Reduced the amount of stress DoG inflicts (30 to 15).
14 - Increased the amount of stress Yharon inflicts (12 to 15).
15 - New Tarratomere, Siren's Song, Daylight, Moonlight, and Cosmolight sprites.
16 - Made Pumpking, Ice Queen, and Mothron immune to the Exo Freeze debuffs.
17 - Made the Arm's Dealer, Dryad, and Merchant sell their special world evil items (Musket if you have Crimson, Panic Necklace if you have Corruption, etc.) when it's not a Blood Moon.
18 - Made SCal's attack phases (the non-bullet hell ones) operate on a pattern like Providence.  It may seem random but there is indeed a pattern now.
19 - Boosted the damage of Providence's projectiles.
20 - Providence's molten globs now sit on platforms.
21 - Increased Blood Orb drop rate both with the Bloodflare armor and without.
22 - Made Storm Weaver Probes less annoying.
23 - Buffed Signus' attack patterns and ferocity.  He uses different fireballs when at half HP and does his flames from the sky attack sooner.
24 - Adjustments made to Alpha Ray and Genisis damage.
25 - Heart of the Elements minion damage adjusted.
26 - Added Celestus, Fabsol, Squishy Bean, and Statis' Belt of Curses.
27 - Added new sprites for the upgraded mana stars.
28 - Made several adjustments to Polterghast.  Made his projectiles bounce less but do more damage.  Made all of his attacks use the same cooldown slots (before you could get hit by multiple attacks at once).  Boosted his contact damage.  Made the little ghost dudes in his final phase rotate slower.  Boosted his HP.
29 - Reduced Lifehunt Scythe projectile pierce from 5 to 3.
30 - Reduced DoG projectile damage values.
31 - Reduced DoG second phase HP.
32 - DoG disables mounts.
33 - Using the Rod of Discord during the DoG battle will cause your life to erode over time.
34 - Lowered the life and damage scaling of the Post-DoG Frost Moon.
35 - Added new DoG Phase 2 theme.
36 - Yharon's phase 2 fireballs now explode earlier.
37 - New Bumblebirb weapon and elemental weapon sprites.
38 - Purge Guzzler laser piercing reduced from infinite to 3.
39 - Reduced the stars created by holy arrows damage by 75% on revengeance.
40 - Reduced Profaned Energy spawn rate because they're annoying as :red:.
41 - Reduced the damage of the split Terra Arrows and the meteors spawned from Elysian Arrows.
42 - DoG disables teleporters but not the magic mirrors.
43 - Made dust spawned from Seraph Tracers/Elysian Tracers less erratic.  It looks better now.
44 - Added new very powerful debuff to demonshade instead of shadowflame that is inflicted by all classes.
45 - Fixed Elemental Quiver making certain ranged weapons buggy when fired (Phantasm, Vortex Beater, etc.).
46 - Nerfed Photoviscerator base damage.
47 - Reduced Daemon's Flame arrow pierce from infinite to 5.
Thank you very much for the clarification, I'm glad to hear back from you, in fact just getting this response makes me want to go back and die another 30 times or more. Honestly as painful as the hit counter is I understand it after all without it tanking the hits would make the fight too forgiving, so I wouldn't even say I disagree with it because it really does it's job. Thanks again, I can't wait for future updates, I'm real excited to see this new bumblebirb weapon.

kinda funny how some poeple have Problems with Calamity ores not spawning.

meanwhile i have Problems with Hardmode Calamity Ores spawning... before Hardmode, which either is a bug or stupid design choice.

How am i supposed to make a Hellevator when i have to build in curves around these unmineable ore Patches?

kinda funny how some poeple have Problems with Calamity ores not spawning.

meanwhile i have Problems with Hardmode Calamity Ores spawning... before Hardmode, which either is a bug or stupid design choice.

How am i supposed to make a Hellevator when i have to build in curves around these unmineable ore Patches?
I'm going to assume that you made your world a while ago; There was an update a little back that made all the Calamity Ores never spawn near your spawn point.

Back
Top Bottom