tModLoader Expeditions Mod - Modular Quest System

I can't complete the Spectre bar quest. D: its not flagging after i make the bars. which i have to make 2 at a time. Also will there possibly, by someone else maybe, be quests at some point for Spirit, Tremor, thorium, and Calamity mods? That would be really cool to do. and i would totes replay it again for those quests. :3c

Interesting that this message is months old by now and yet no one paid attention to it at all, yet this seems to be an actual problem since I got that issue too, spectre bar quest can not be triggered to flag as complete at all, no matter what I do.

Interesting that this message is months old by now and yet no one paid attention to it at all, yet this seems to be an actual problem since I got that issue too, spectre bar quest can not be triggered to flag as complete at all, no matter what I do.
This is an excellent mod, and a great way to add a sort of tutorial to a playthrough and skip a few tedious processes like farming various Cell Phone pieces. However, it doesn't seem to be very high-priority in development, and no amount of being snippy is going to change that. Most mod material is free, done out of the generosity of the hearts of other fans; if you want something fixed, it's best to just note the issue you're having so they know to look for it if they're still continuing development, and maybe offer to help if you can help.

But remember: this isn't some kind of business Customer Service; you're just dealing with other fans doing neat things for free.

That being said: some of the tasks ARE coming up before they're supposed to, and it can be a hassle. For instance, the task to create a powerful sword at an altar comes up before it can be completed. So do the tasks to find the Tavernkeep and the Wizard. Various photo collection tasks also require previous photo albums, but, while it shows the images of the albums you need to complete, it's a little vague... perhaps some wording to pull a player's attention to them so they know they're also needed for the complete.

Just my two cents. I've started dabbling in modding a bit, and hope to get to creating some expedition content of my own to contribute! This mod is well worth it!

Last edited:
i think that got fixed? cus in my last playthrough i recently did i was able to complete that quest.

If you play with mods and open the case of the clerk, it defeats the purpose of farm items too unfair:eek:
This has been covered repeatedly in this thread, like at least once or twice per page, so it's not hard to find recent prior responses to the issue.

That being said, chances are MUCH better that the case will give you a stack of Squirrels and a Princess Dress, or some equally non-useful stuff, so if it gives you some powerful item that breaks your game progression, either enjoy it, bank it til you're at that point, or just sell it, pretend the box gave you that money instead, and go on. :)

hey, I'm having a UI glitch in Expedition, It seems like the interface and hitboxes are dragging with my mouse, but the individual tiles aren't. Known glitch or new?

Alright so first I have to say that I really like this mod and the idea behind it. Now with that being said I do have a complaint all though its my own fault but I am still going to complain anyways because I also have a suggestion to fix it. My complaint comes in the form of the random rewards. Specifically, with my first expedition token I got, I got this https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Venusian_Trident Needless to say this item literally has melted everything in its path at this point in at most two shots. Yes I know I could simply not use it, but that is like putting chocolate in front of a child and telling them they can have some if they want but they shouldn't. My suggestions is this, make different tiers of random rewards that unlock after like skeletron is killed and then WoF and then all three mechanical bosses and so on and so forth. I would imagine then that a compatibility patch would then need to be made for items that add large content like Calamity, Thorium, etc etc...... The other option could be to trade in the tokens for crates. That would also be an acceptable reward.
TL:DR I like the mod but I don't think I will use it again until the rewards are a little less random.

Literally covered three posts up from yours. And many, many times before that.
And your point is? I threw out my 10 cents on the matter and also suggested ways to improve the mod. Furthermore I'm not gonna go through and read 14 pages worth of comments because I'm not that invested in this mod.

And your point is? I threw out my 10 cents on the matter and also suggested ways to improve the mod. Furthermore I'm not gonna go through and read 14 pages worth of comments because I'm not that invested in this mod.
The point boils down to if folks like you would take just a few minutes to look around and see if a problem has been acknowledged, there wouldn't be fourteen pages of comments, and doing such checks would be MUCH easier. You have said nothing at all different from what numerous other people have already said, so it's just wasted space making future searches harder to sift through.

I mean, seriously, you didn't even need to click... it was brought up three posts up. And, as ReuseableLime20 points out, if you'd just checked with the documentation (the OP), you could have skipped searching and found out that your superfluous contribution would be superfluous before making it.

I'm genuinely not offering an insult when I say this, just a flat observation: it's stubbornly, willfully lazy. It would have taken less effort to do a quick scroll or check the OP than to type the post, but you HAD to do it your way and contribute volume without relevant content. That being said, I think I've done the same in response, so we're just gonna know that Flashkirby99 already knows, hope they continue to develop and flesh out this most excellent mod, and move on.

on the other hand, there's value in pointing out any problem someone has with a mod because that's what feedback IS. Not to mention, "don't use it" is never an excuse for anything. Telling someone to just ignore the drop and sell it on the honor system serves to just cover up the fact that the mod was able to deliver such a cheaty item to them dishonestly in the first place. Covering your eyes and pretending the problem didn't happen does not mean there was not a problem.

on the other hand, there's value in pointing out any problem someone has with a mod because that's what feedback IS. Not to mention, "don't use it" is never an excuse for anything. Telling someone to just ignore the drop and sell it on the honor system serves to just cover up the fact that the mod was able to deliver such a cheaty item to them dishonestly in the first place. Covering your eyes and pretending the problem didn't happen does not mean there was not a problem.
That's not what he means. He's saying that, for the moment, he should just ignore the item while the mod creator fixes it. Once fixed, he can use it all he likes.

I understand the issues going on in expeditions, plus the guys in discord server are giving me neat ideas and helping find the causes of some of the more esoteric bugs. An update will come one day, when I am brave enough to dive back into the horrible source code.

Just a question, theres is a form of collecting ALL the photos in a single album (like photos from different's mod's too)?
Coz' i want to "catch them all" if you know what I mean, and it's a bit tedious having to store them all on chest's (through I use the magic storage mod)
Just that, there is a form of collecting all the photos in a single album, like a collection of albums, or a specific storage for photos only?
Cheers! (sorry for my english, not my first language)

Yes you can turn in certain photos for albums at the expedition board, if you have a thematic set. Also, magic storage and the photo system don't work well together last I checked, sorry about that.

Hello there, I am really enjoying the mod and already spent hours on farming all those photography quests, however now I'm struggling because I have no idea how to get 'Terrarian Critters, 3rd ed.'. There is no quest available that would provide it as a reward, but at the same time the quest 'Snap! World Compilation' requires me to hand it in!
Will I have to start a new world and do all the quests all the way up to that quest because it might've just bugged out and skipped that quest? Or is there another way of obtaining it (without cheat sheet...)?

Hello there, I am really enjoying the mod and already spent hours on farming all those photography quests, however now I'm struggling because I have no idea how to get 'Terrarian Critters, 3rd ed.'. There is no quest available that would provide it as a reward, but at the same time the quest 'Snap! World Compilation' requires me to hand it in!
Will I have to start a new world and do all the quests all the way up to that quest because it might've just bugged out and skipped that quest? Or is there another way of obtaining it (without cheat sheet...)?
That happens sometimes, you just need to complete all the quests before it, then it should give you the quest for third edition.

Back
Top Bottom