tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

Is it possible to make it so that all 3 inventories count as 1? I don't like the minor inconvenience of needing all my materials for a recipe in the same inventory. It might also fix autotrash problems prehaps? Don't take this as a major issue since your mod is amazing and are trying to fix the more important bugs.
Not currently possible without doing hacky things, but might be in future tModLoader updates. If not, I will just do the hacky things.

Hey I've been playing it and it's really fun! Just one problem. When the merchant arrives and I click shop the menu fails to show up. I didn't know if anyone else was having this issue or not. I do have other mods installed, but either it's this mod itself, or incapability with other mods. I'm gonna keep playing this! Keep up the great work! :)

Hey I've been playing it and it's really fun! Just one problem. When the merchant arrives and I click shop the menu fails to show up. I didn't know if anyone else was having this issue or not. I do have other mods installed, but either it's this mod itself, or incapability with other mods. I'm gonna keep playing this! Keep up the great work! :)

Currently there seems to problems with UI not showing up with autopause enabled. Sorry about the inconvenience, I am looking into the problem.

Problem: When your health increases when leveling up, It technically stays the same on your character sheet, Meaning no health based events can occur, mainly the Goblin invasion.
Detail: Using heart crystals still ups your health on the character sheet, meaning you can get 5 crystals, use them, and then get invaded by goblins level 1. SO the health based events aren't impossible to get, but this still seems strange to have to use something that doesn't seem to benefit your character (Ignoring the benefit of getting the goblin tinker).
Solution: Possibly maxing heart crystals upon character creation while keeping your health scaling will fix this, but could lead to other problems (Early invasion/ EoC attacks)

Problem: When your health increases when leveling up, It technically stays the same on your character sheet, Meaning no health based events can occur, mainly the Goblin invasion.
Detail: Using heart crystals still ups your health on the character sheet, meaning you can get 5 crystals, use them, and then get invaded by goblins level 1. SO the health based events aren't impossible to get, but this still seems strange to have to use something that doesn't seem to benefit your character (Ignoring the benefit of getting the goblin tinker).
Solution: Possibly maxing heart crystals upon character creation while keeping your health scaling will fix this, but could lead to other problems (Early invasion/ EoC attacks)
Yes, I am aware that this is not ideal, so I'm going to give an incentive to use heart crystals (a percentage increase in life) by the next update, keeping the current system of increments to your base life by 20. That will likely require some rebalancing of other life values.

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod.
After playing it for a few hours, I want to give some feedback.

As others pointed out, the UI is a bit too big on low resolutions, and I think that's what's causing the merchant inventory to not appear when the crafting grid is active, since there's not enough space for both.
Other than that, I'd love to see a bigger variety of magical glyphs. They're great and having even more combinations to experiment with would be awesome.

And I also have a suggestion: Add a way to combine weapons. For instance, if you have a weapon that does cold damage but you want it to do fire damage instead, you could sacrifice the second weapon to change the element of the first one. Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but it's just a suggestion, the mod is already great as it is now.

How do i get a moon glyph that has 7 or more if there is projectiles? I'm using hero's mod to get a glyph, but it only gives me a regular glyph. If i typed something wrong, english is not my first language.

So I'm not sure if the mod is the issue or my pc, but playing this mod single player is fine and I get the usual 120fps, but when i try to host I can only manage 1 to even less than 1 frame per second. I tried setting priority and affinity of the server and the game to different values yet nothing changed. I didn't see anything in your description about multiplayer, so is there just not support for it?

Can you make the mod compatible with magic storage?
Read the thread. He's already in the process of fixing this incompatibility, but it'll require some bigger changes than just a hotfix, so we'll have to wait for a while.
[doublepost=1510337153,1510337078][/doublepost]
He is

--

I know your to-do list is probably filled beyond my comprehension, but I think it'd be nice if the page with all the different character stats had little tooltips when you moused over them :happy:
Exactly my thoughts. I had no idea what "Accuracy" means as it's not on the wiki or anywhere else, and having to ask the developer about every single stat or visit any other place (that'll require you to get out of the game for a bit) is suboptimal. Tooltips would be lovely.

Another suggested feature: the ability to lock the first page of inventory space so that items from this mod cannot enter it.

It would also be nice if selected items during upgrading stay selected when the upgrade is made.

Keep up the great work :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the feedback and the interest :)

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod.
After playing it for a few hours, I want to give some feedback.

As others pointed out, the UI is a bit too big on low resolutions, and I think that's what's causing the merchant inventory to not appear when the crafting grid is active, since there's not enough space for both.
Other than that, I'd love to see a bigger variety of magical glyphs. They're great and having even more combinations to experiment with would be awesome.

And I also have a suggestion: Add a way to combine weapons. For instance, if you have a weapon that does cold damage but you want it to do fire damage instead, you could sacrifice the second weapon to change the element of the first one. Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but it's just a suggestion, the mod is already great as it is now.
Merchant inventory problem should be unrelated, but I will add an option for scaling the size of UI elements added by the mod.

More glyphs and glyph modifiers are coming, including star glyphs that provide new interesting ways of triggering spells, some more moon glyphs and an entirely new glyph type called gemini glyphs.

For changing the elemental damage of weapons, you can reforge them with the goblin tinkerer. I could add a system for combining different weapons into one, though it would be of fairly low priority at this point I think.

How do i get a moon glyph that has 7 or more if there is projectiles? I'm using hero's mod to get a glyph, but it only gives me a regular glyph. If i typed something wrong, english is not my first language.

They're dropped from enemies and are randomized upon being dropped, which doesn't happen if you're using an inventory editor. You could spawn in lots of weak monsters or a boss with many sections or something if you want randomized glyphs though.

So I'm not sure if the mod is the issue or my pc, but playing this mod single player is fine and I get the usual 120fps, but when i try to host I can only manage 1 to even less than 1 frame per second. I tried setting priority and affinity of the server and the game to different values yet nothing changed. I didn't see anything in your description about multiplayer, so is there just not support for it?

The issue is with the mod currently. I am working on adding multiplayer compatibility in a patch that will also fix compatibility issues with Magical Storage and possibly Autotrash

What's the progress so far? You haven't pushed anything to master branch at github yet, so it's hard to say, but at least tell us how's it going - good or :red:ing terrible.

What's the progress so far? You haven't pushed anything to master branch at github yet, so it's hard to say, but at least tell us how's it going - good or :red:ing terrible.
Essentially, my approach was making a new project and gradually copying over the features until multiplayer stops working, in order to find out where the compatibility issues lie. So far, I've been able to fix the issues I've encountered and add compatibility with magic storage.

Essentially, my approach was making a new project and gradually copying over the features until multiplayer stops working, in order to find out where the compatibility issues lie. So far, I've been able to fix the issues I've encountered and add compatibility with magic storage.
God damn, so essentially it hasn't even been a week since the release of your long-time in-the-making mod and you're ALREADY basically remaking it. Now that's dedication. I wish you good luck, my dude, and we'll be patiently waiting for such a wonderful mod to get reborn.

Back
Top Bottom