tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the code, it's not a simple fix. The code is also pretty bad. Best thing is if I would rewrite the mod completely. The problem is that I do not have time for this. But I also have no time to fix all the borked code. Someone else will need to step in.

I looked at the code, it's not a simple fix. The code is also pretty bad. Best thing is if I would rewrite the mod completely. The problem is that I do not have time for this. But I also have no time to fix all the borked code. Someone else will need to step in.

Can confirm the code for this is pretty awful. A trial-and-error hack at best - and, unfortunately, one that doesn't have a simple adjustment to fit the tMod changes.

I suppose giving some updates in this thread could be useful, so here we go.

Been about a week since I made some base of the code, looked at it this night and noticed I was really overthinking what I was trying to do. So, lots of nonsense was removed and some stuff redone. Today I managed to get the 'loader' working along with overhauling a bit how things are handled and how rarities / effects are made. The loader is basically like a tml loader, and allows for some easy autoloading for mods. Yes, this means other mods will be able to make rarities and effects, and those can be autoloaded (or manually loaded, but of course everyone will autoload)

Still thinking through some stuff on how things should be done/handled, which I want to take my time for because making the actual contents of the mod will be fairly easy when everything is laid out properly.

So right now internally it works like this:
An item can have a modifier, the modifier has a rarity level and a collection of effects
The effects are what is actually influencing the player, or the item, etc.
The rarity of the modifier will be based on the sum of the effects' strength, just like how it used to be
And also like usual, effects will be able to roll their own magnitude, which can possibly affect the strength etc.

Also, I might make it so that modifiers reroll on a reforge, and possibly add a way to lock the modifiers so it rerolls the magnitudes.

Been about a week since I made some base of the code, looked at it this night and noticed I was really overthinking what I was trying to do. So, lots of nonsense was removed and some stuff redone. Today I managed to get the 'loader' working along with overhauling a bit how things are handled and how rarities / effects are made. The loader is basically like a tml loader, and allows for some easy autoloading for mods. Yes, this means other mods will be able to make rarities and effects, and those can be autoloaded (or manually loaded, but of course everyone will autoload)

Still thinking through some stuff on how things should be done/handled, which I want to take my time for because making the actual contents of the mod will be fairly easy when everything is laid out properly.

An item can have a modifier, the modifier has a rarity level and a collection of effects
The rarity of the modifier will be based on the sum of the effects' strength, just like how it used to be
And also like usual, effects will be able to roll their own magnitude, which can possibly affect the strength etc.

Also, I might make it so that modifiers reroll on a reforge, and possibly add a way to lock the modifiers so it rerolls the magnitudes.

Sounds great looking forward to it. :nursepassionate:

awesome can't wait

Hey would it ever be possible to create a config file that allows players to change the rarities of getting prefixes? For example, if a player wants a easier playthrough then they could change the configs to roll for better prefixes, while a more experienced player would want the challenge of getting worse or even bad modifiers

Thank you c;
Been very busy lately, but now got more time. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this one up sometime soon

It's wonderful that you decided to bring this mod back, one of my favorites.

Here a question, once you got the whole thing sorted out and made, do you plan on updating it to add more modifiers?

I would really love the return of this mod <3 it's made the game absolutely fun and interesting. I can't stand the ARPG one. xD

Also be sure that the mod "Item Customizer" and items such as weapon holder or mannequins do not crash the game! The ARPG Loot mod crashes with these. It'd be such a shame to stop using Item Customizer :'(

Last edited:
So, after many months of nothing, I've finally picked up slack. (yay for a short vacation!) The backend is progressing nicely. That means after this, only implementing all of the old modifiers and effects is left, and then a bunch of testing.This will probably take a while, but with a bit of luck, the reworked version could be up in a few days from now... that is, if everything goes extremely well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom