Console Console tmodloader please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeykat

Golem
As terraria reaches around the end of it’s cycle, modding has become extremely popular in the community, although many console and mobile players are missing out on these features.

Unfortunately the console manufacturers (Microsoft and Sony) do not allow modifications on their consoles, so a tModLoader version can not be made for console versions of Terraria.

No tmodloader is a large part of why I'm so pissed that console exclusives are getting axed.

Not only are we not getting 1.3 till next spring at least (prove me wrong), but on top of that, we're also losing stuff that was unique to console.

I wonder if turkor and the rabbit will get the same treatment?

If mods are out of the question then we should at least get some sort of creation mode or maybe a way to customize a fresh world.

what's stopping Terraria from receiving an update that gives it mod support? Other than the developers not wanting to, that is.
There is a huge difference between 'wanting to' and 'being able to'. Implementing mod support retroactively, together with a platform that manages mod content à la Bethesda does takes a huge amount of labour that Re-Logic simply doesn't have (and if they did, they'd have to pause any and all development on other cool stuff).

That sucks.
They are just trying to protect their platform. If hackers manage to crack it (as have happened before) no 3rd party game developers will make games for it anymore. This is the reason why all the console manufacturers don't allow mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom