Items Reworking Lihzahrd Power Cells

652Graystripe

Plantera
It's tiresome to grind for a boss item over and over in the temple.

Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png

Lihzahrd Power Cell
-Now crafted with 1
Solar_Tablet_Fragment.png
and 1
Chlorophyte_Bar.png

-No longer dropped by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes

Makes it much easier to acquire the summoning item, like with the mechs.
A suggestion of few words.

24/11/18: Fixed broken image links. Also made it so that they still drop from Temple enemies.
18/6/20: Fixed broken image links (again).

Last edited:
It's tiresome to grind for a boss item over and over in the temple.

Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png

Lihzahrd Power Cell
-Now crafted with
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
x2,
Solar_Tablet_Fragment.png

-No longer dropped by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes

Makes it much easier to acquire the summoning item, like with the mechs.
A suggestion of few words.
Heartily support! After getting 3 Jungle Keys when I'd only gotten 5 Cells I was officially done with the stupid Cells lol

Great idea. I found myself with 11 Power Cells and tons of Golem item duplicates after using them while missing lots of the others. Farmed for 30 mins and got 2 power cells and from those 2 I got more duplicates from Golem. Fully support this.

I honestly have no problems with grinding cells. Just go to an expert world and stick a lihzahrd banner and flying snake banner in the giant chamber at the end of the temple. You'll get power cells up the wazoo, and plenty of cash besides.

No support for removing them as a drop. A recipe would be nice, however.

Full support. Grinding for lihzahrd power cells is extremely repetitive and boring and it takes way too much time to make a new world to find the temple only to find a few power cells.

Do people seriously have so much trouble getting cells? I just use the temple to grind Souls of Night/Light. The dozens of power cells I get are incidental, half the time. To me, that's much easier than the Chlorophyte farming I'd have to do to get them this way.

Is it an expert mode/normal mode thing?

Do people seriously have so much trouble getting cells? I just use the temple to grind Souls of Night/Light. The dozens of power cells I get are incidental, half the time.

It can be very tiresome at all times (at least for me). It literally took me 30 minutes just to get TWO cells and then another 30 minutes just to get ONE, so all together it took me an hour to get THREE cells (and BOI, trust me, I was grinding REALLL hard too).. I think this is mainly a normal mode problem but I have no idea as I have never played expert mode.

Rather than a recipe, there should be a somewhat more convoluted method, such as having to turn in Solar Tablet Fragments at the Altar. Of course, the recipe is still good enough in terms of reducing the grind.

Rather than a recipe, there should be a somewhat more convoluted method, such as having to turn in Solar Tablet Fragments at the Altar. Of course, the recipe is still good enough in terms of reducing the grind.
I like this - the implication being that the Lihzahrd mechanisms are ancient and sophisticated, like the rest of the temple, and that the player can't directly jury-rig it. Though there could be other ingredients.

Though I'm happy with whatever happens as long as temple enemies continue to drop the cells.

Do people seriously have so much trouble getting cells? I just use the temple to grind Souls of Night/Light. The dozens of power cells I get are incidental, half the time. To me, that's much easier than the Chlorophyte farming I'd have to do to get them this way.

Because, some people aren’t as patient, and at that point not he game they might not have the equipment to kill many Lizhards or flying snakes.
[doublepost=1510876261,1510876243][/doublepost]
Because, some people aren’t as patient, and at that point not he game they might not have the equipment to kill many Lizhards or flying snakes.
Of* the*

[doublepost=1510876261,1510876243][/doublepost]
Of* the*
If you don't have the gear to mass-murder Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes, you don't have the gear to mass-murder Golem, so this is a bit of a moot point.

You can edit posts by clicking the edit button on the left below each post.

Anyway. If anyone here is really hurting for power cells, and they're on PC, you're welcome to visit my world and I'll help you farm. It's not a fancy setup or anything, but I have a teleporter to the temple and all the appropriate banners in the area. Same name on Steam as I have here. If it still seems too tedious... I'm fine with any new method of obtaining cells as long as it doesn't nerf the drops. I prefer grinding mobs to grinding Chlorophyte by an order of magnitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom