Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, finally some news. So the remarks about optimizations (and splitscreen) basically confirms that the Unity engine port in its current state performs worse than the orginal C++ port? Doesn't bode well for the Nintendo Switch version :/

Yes, join the side of the Xbox... Never the PS4...
Actually though, if you do, save up for the Xbox One X, it will be worth it except for Terraria, because it's all pixels.
Well it's pretty much the same console, as usual, other then a simple 4k addon. Which, in fact, requires you to download your games again with double size. So say a large game like Halo 5 for a start. With all the extremely massive updates that has had, and trust me I know, your Xbox One X's storage will fill up pretty quickly. And you need a 4k TV to handle all those pixels, so I'm sure people didn't realize that before they bought it. If you want to talk about it, PM me. I'm just saying my fill on the console, and I'm not trying to make a war.

Ah, finally some news. So the remarks about optimizations (and splitscreen) basically confirms that the Unity engine port in its current state performs worse than the orginal C++ port? Doesn't bode well for the Nintendo Switch version :/

What remarks confirm that? These types of optimizations are often one of the last things that are worked on prior to shipping. I wouldn't put any stock into thinking one version will be gimped over the other. That's exactly the situation we're looking to avoid.

Ma
Greetings Terrarians!

It has been a little over one month since our latest statement on the status of the 1.3 console update. Much of what was echoed in that previous statement remains the same, however we want to provide a more transparent look into what exactly is being worked on so you have a better understanding of why things were extended past their original estimate.

The Final Push

The team at Pipeworks has made a lot of really great strides since our last formal update. A ton of optimization work has been put into the game, certification bugs have been squashed, and split-screen is shaping up nicely.

At this point we’re in the process of working on some particularly noteworthy bugs; one in particular that is affecting network multiplayer stability. Most of the issues we’re working on currently are what we consider must fixes before we can submit the update for certification. At this time there’s a little over 30 bugs we’re working through before we plan on submitting for certification. This could change, however everyone feels pretty optimistic.

So what other issues are we tackling?
  • Remaining pieces of optimization
  • Localization bugs
  • A few stability/functionality bugs
  • General feedback from Re-Logic & 505 Games

It’s incredibly important to us that out of the gate the community has a great experience. This isn’t just a simple port, but a complete re-write for the future of Terraria. The team at Pipeworks feels a responsibility for carrying that torch well into the future.

We’re nearly finished.

P.S: We're having discussions currently about a possible release date. We aren't avoiding the question; however we want to ensure we're giving out accurate information.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
ke the
Greetings Terrarians!

It has been a little over one month since our latest statement on the status of the 1.3 console update. Much of what was echoed in that previous statement remains the same, however we want to provide a more transparent look into what exactly is being worked on so you have a better understanding of why things were extended past their original estimate.

The Final Push

The team at Pipeworks has made a lot of really great strides since our last formal update. A ton of optimization work has been put into the game, certification bugs have been squashed, and split-screen is shaping up nicely.

At this point we’re in the process of working on some particularly noteworthy bugs; one in particular that is affecting network multiplayer stability. Most of the issues we’re working on currently are what we consider must fixes before we can submit the update for certification. At this time there’s a little over 30 bugs we’re working through before we plan on submitting for certification. This could change, however everyone feels pretty optimistic.

• Localization bugs

It’s incredibly important to us that out of the gate the community has a great experience. This isn’t just a simple port, but a complete re-write for the future of Terraria. The team at Pipeworks feels a responsibility for carrying that torch well into the future.

We’re nearly finished.

P.S: We're having discussions currently about a possible release date. We aren't avoiding the question; however we want to ensure we're giving out accurate information.

Greetings Terrarians!

The Final Push

• Localization bugs

We’re nearly finished.

Make the release thanksgiving

Well what do you know, another fantastic update that basically outlines the specifics of the 30 something bugs they still have to fix (prepare for another month of waiting) and still no release date. Still excited somewhat but my patience is sure getting difficult. Shall I update the stats from my last status message?
Days Since PC release: 874
Days Since Console release Announcement: 507
The HYPE is r3al! z3ro shenanigans!

Finally, some news! I've gotten myself into a Switch and have been playing some other games, but I'm still on the edge of my seat! Closer it is to these consoles, closer it is to Switch, so keep up the good work, guys! We're all excited!

I'm sure this has been asked a ton, but is Mobile still getting 1.3 around the same time as Console? It's been absolutely forever since we last heard about it...
I'd rather have a huge bug patch instead though TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom