Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing the link :)
No problem
It’s convincing but unfortunate, I don’t want this update to have to come out next year, if rather have it come out this year even though that gets more and more unlikely, PC is now far ahead of us and soon we will have not much compared to what they have
Yeah. If it release in 2018 then Console and PC will never be equivalent. And I would MUCH like that to happen.

Yes but his guess is very convincing.

bad news is convincing to anyone who is beaten down and losing faith, no matter what the source is.

It’s convincing but unfortunate, I don’t want this update to have to come out next year, if rather have it come out this year even though that gets more and more unlikely, PC is now far ahead of us and soon we will have not much compared to what they have

No problem

Yeah. If it release in 2018 then Console and PC will never be equivalent. And I would MUCH like that to happen.

you people realize that they're currently dealing with the HARD part, right?

you know... rebuilding the game from scratch and getting it to function as intended.

once that is done, they'll be able to add the rest of the updates much more easily and much more quickly... possibly even all at once, if we're lucky.

that is the whole point of this reconstruction, so we will never have to sit around for months/years at a time waiting to catch up again.

Last edited:
Does android multiplayer still the same or new cuz really like the hotspot/wifi and VPN it's much making me happier cuz we multiplayer anywhere with no internet

We're not sure about that yet. Information about Mobile hasn't even been announced so wait a sec (a couple of weeks) and you can ask those questions when Pipeworks begins to work on mobile 1.3. Almost there.

...when Pipeworks begins to work on mobile 1.3.

I hope they have separate teams working on Mobile and Switch versions already. No real need to do this sequentially as they want to use Unity for all platforms, so the platform specific features can already be worked on while the console team is ironing out PS4/XB1 specific bugs. If this is not the case, then they're lacking manpower.

My main concern is the performance hit the Unity engine will incur (code is converted from C# to C++ by software before it is compiled into an executable on console platforms afaik, and maybe there's other overhead). This might not be a big issue for PS4/XB1 (except for the taxing splitscreen mode, maybe), but will be an issue for Mobile and Switch... These are devices with portable hardware and thus will require extra optimizations.

I hope they have separate teams working on Mobile and Switch versions already. No real need to do this sequentially as they want to use Unity for all platforms, so the platform specific features can already be worked on while the console team is ironing out PS4/XB1 specific bugs. If this is not the case, then they're lacking manpower.

My main concern is the performance hit the Unity engine will incur (code is converted from C# to C++ by software before it is compiled into an executable on console platforms afaik, and maybe there's other overhead). This might not be a big issue for PS4/XB1 (except for the taxing splitscreen mode, maybe), but will be an issue for Mobile and Switch... These are devices with portable hardware and thus will require extra optimizations.
They do not have another team working on it. The current console team is also the mobile and Switch team. The idea is a single code base can support all of these platforms through Unity, so no need to have more developers once this groundwork is laid out.

There is a second Pipeworks team for Terraria: Otherworld though.

Be realistic, if it was over a month and a half a day I don't think pw would've made this thread

Well they could have made it to make a new place where the unrelenting storm of confusion and anger can go....
Well with a few positive comments sprinkled in....

I'm sorry to be in the console section as a mobile terrarian but when will 1.3 be mentioned on the forum in detail? Just wondering.
More details about mobile will be available after the console update has been released. The mobile version update will use the same base code as the console update, so it needs to be polished up first, then focus can move to mobile.

Do you have any information on an update for mobile? I feel like since console is getting a massive update then mobile should be getting one later after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom