tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

The Deepfreeze is kinda... ded right now. We've halted development on it, because both the Coder and Spriter for Cenera either gave up or just flat out vanished. Also, we've gotten literally nowhere with it.

I'm actually pretty disappointed by this. I have an upcoming role-play series, and I'm planning to use Sacred Tools. I had something special planned for the Deepfreeze biome. I didn't even know it wasn't in the game yet. Oh well. (I mean, according to the wiki, the biome is accessible through cheats, so...)

i ended up having to make a account after having a hard time with the challenger no matter how much damage i do he ends up say i will make you suffer.. and ends up healing to full health. it make no sense to make a boss flies though blocks across the whole map and then after losing like 10% of his heals back then takes no damage.
the wiki said if the dps is more then 50,000 that happen which is basiclly saying hay only use my mods. i was like ok. i went for a summon/mage build focusing mainly summon it seem my summon were doing to much damage so went with magic which drop my damage output by somewhat of 80-85%. Dps was a little over 10,000 but he sill end up enrage what am i not getting?

i ended up having to make a account after having a hard time with the challenger no matter how much damage i do he ends up say i will make you suffer.. and ends up healing to full health. it make no sense to make a boss flies though blocks across the whole map and then after losing like 10% of his heals back then takes no damage.
the wiki said if the dps is more then 50,000 that happen which is basiclly saying hay only use my mods. i was like ok. i went for a summon/mage build focusing mainly summon it seem my summon were doing to much damage so went with magic which drop my damage output by somewhat of 80-85%. Dps was a little over 10,000 but he sill end up enrage what am i not getting?
What kind of mods are you using? Leveled is kinda buggy if you're using that, and the Calamity weps are a bit cheat-y in the case of other mods. Also, Fargo's souls and enchantments are insanely cheat-y for this boss. I'd recommend only using SacredTools weapons and accessories.

What kind of mods are you using? Leveled is kinda buggy if you're using that, and the Calamity weps are a bit cheat-y in the case of other mods. Also, Fargo's souls and enchantments are insanely cheat-y for this boss. I'd recommend only using SacredTools weapons and accessories.
so what your saying is because its not not apart of you mod it ''cheat-y'' way are the mods becoming this crazy mess of only use my mod and no other mod. The reasons why some are what op is because the enemy's end up with like 5 time more health and damage. Is there not a way to have bosses scale up base on what mods you are using?

so what your saying is because its not not apart of you mod it ''cheat-y'' way are the mods becoming this crazy mess of only use my mod and no other mod. The reasons why some are what op is because the enemy's end up with like 5 time more health and damage. Is there not a way to have bosses scale up base on what mods you are using?
The way you're saying this: "Only use my mod", is not true. The reason we have a DPS cap on The Challenger is so it provides some actual challenge for the player. Otherwise it's a big cheese-fest where you can't get hit by literally anything he throws at you and he gets killed in, like, 2 seconds. And also note that mods are built up around themselves. If all the mods were sycronized like that, they may as well just fuse together into one big mod, and no one wants that.

The way you're saying this: "Only use my mod", is not true. The reason we have a DPS cap on The Challenger is so it provides some actual challenge for the player. Otherwise it's a big cheese-fest where you can't get hit by literally anything he throws at you and he gets killed in, like, 2 seconds. And also note that mods are built up around themselves. If all the mods were sycronized like that, they may as well just fuse together into one big mod, and no one wants that.
1.you just said to use only the gear from your mod. 2. other then pre-hard mode bosses and and few hard mode bosses even with what i have ,i have yet to kill a boss in a few seconds, as with the somewhat large amount of mods that i use a lot of the enemy's have over a 1,000,000 health. 3. Is it really that crazy for mods to work together for a greater playthough and i am pretty sure you don't need to fuse together to coexist. Because a lot of people don't just only use one mod.

1.you just said to use only the gear from your mod. 2. other then pre-hard mode bosses and and few hard mode bosses even with what i have ,i have yet to kill a boss in a few seconds, as with the somewhat large amount of mods that i use a lot of the enemy's have over a 1,000,000 health. 3. Is it really that crazy for mods to work together for a greater playthough and i am pretty sure you don't need to fuse together to coexist. Because a lot of people don't just only use one mod.
Can you take a screenshot of your gear?

This is a very nice mod. I'll consider using it if and when I get PC Terraria.

I can't help but notice that your support banners are a little... Dated... I could assist with that if you'd like. I have some experience with creating support banners.:happy:

Last edited:
This is a very nice mod. I'll consider using it if and when I get PC Terraria.

I can't help but notice that your support banners are a little... Dated... I could assist with that if you'd like. I have some experience with creating support banners.:happy:
Nice! do you have Discord?

Imo the dps cap on challenger is not really a great solution to anti cheese.

There really isn't much threat from him, at endgame, it just turns into a slog of chasing him using weak weapons to kill.

An alternate solution could be, have 4 targets with him that must be killed in order. If they aren't they regenerate. And he is invincible until they are gone. Then just remove the dps cap altogether.

Personally I don't like the way people are doing super bosses right now. Limiting the player kind of sucks. Why take the time to get the endgame gear if it doesn't work on the endgame bosses....

Imo the dps cap on challenger is not really a great solution to anti cheese.

There really isn't much threat from him, at endgame, it just turns into a slog of chasing him using weak weapons to kill.

An alternate solution could be, have 4 targets with him that must be killed in order. If they aren't they regenerate. And he is invincible until they are gone. Then just remove the dps cap altogether.

Personally I don't like the way people are doing super bosses right now. Limiting the player kind of sucks. Why take the time to get the endgame gear if it doesn't work on the endgame bosses....
I absolutely agree with you on that last sentence. Mod creators make their superboss limit the player and it's @#$%.

o1oNz3U.png
o4lzePy.png
VyFoZ3v.png
e7L0R96.png
G6tWyq0.png

Somebody order some banners? I went a little fancier with these ones and had some fun with gradients! :)

In the mean time, before the Deepfreeze is finished, could the music boxes for that biome be sold? I like the songs for them but there's currently no way to get the music boxes without cheating.

I take issue with the Challenger in general. The mob that drops the shards is a rare spawn even with a hugely increased spawn rate. You would have to farm this mob quite a bit to get enough shards to fight the Challenger multiple times. Then the Challenger requires quite a bit of wins to be able to buy a full armor set and weapons for one damage type. Sure fighting a boss multiple times to get all their loot is nothing new, but I find it a major pain to even get the medals. It feels very grindy. Even by mistake or design, Fargo's boss item selling NPC doesn't even sell Challenger Medals after defeating him once.

The biggest offender is the DPS cap. If you must have one, can it not punish the player? I wasn't even using Calamity weapons and I still reached the DPS cap. I was also following the Boss Checklist order and by the time the Challenger came up, I had to intentionally use a weaker weapon as not to hit the DPS cap. Actually, that didn't entirely worked. Using TheJoostMod, I used the Mutated Arm Cannons. It does a lot of damage, but if I used it when the boss charged at me, all the missiles would hit and trigger the DPS cap. So I had to make sure I didn't attack when the boss charged to avoid risking getting punished. I did have the more powerful Warhammer of Grognak, but that was too powerful for sure.

Also, how come the player suffers from a powerful debuff if you don't have a lunar sigil equipped? I don't understand that. Why be required to wear a specific accessory? A 25% damage increase for a specific damage type is powerful even by other mod post Moon Lord standards, but why make it a requirement? Why would a damage boosting accessory protect you from a powerful debuff? I didn't even know this was a feature till I read about it on the wiki and therefore made the fight a lot more manageable.

so im not shure if i encounterd a bug, but when i stand in the challenger and challeng him 80% of the time he starts with almost no health so its super easy to kill him.
i tested it with the flarium armor(not shure how to spell it) with and without assesories and it does not seem to make a diverence. my sample sise is 50 kills.
i also have the leveled mod on but it seems to not effect him to much it might be but i cant tell the diverence.
does anyone elsh have happend this to or am i the only one?

Back
Top Bottom