Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Serebii has some interesting info on US/UM (spoiler warning).
The text is a bit broken, possibly a result of lots of quick updates. Apparently it will be possible to catch all of the previous legendary Pokémon in Ultra Space in US/UM. Some have preconditions and some are exclusive to a particular game version. Almost definitely this will be post-game content. This sounds like it'd be a great way for people who have skipped versions to 'catch up'.
A brief snippet of Island Scan in the video suggests some of the starters will be available too.
It feels US/UM will be like a 'bridge' between past versions and new versions of Pokémon. As if US/UM will be your last chance to collect all of the Pokémon to date, because the next version will be starting with a clean slate.

While all of the extras and new features are nice, I can't help but have the feeling that US/UM is what S/M should have been in the first place. It feels like a copy of S/M with more things tacked on the end. I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: Bulbagarden also has this information, but it's more in depth. Spoilers!

Last edited:
Wasn't this possible if you had all of X, Y, OR and AS too? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, on Team Rainbow Rocket, is it supposed to be all the villainous teams put together? That makes pretty much no sense. First of all they all have different goals, especially Team Aqua's goal seems incompatible with the goals of the other teams. And then I recall some of them giving up on evil, Archie and Maxie outright realized the errors of their ways, but I guess the others just gave up because they were beat.

Wasn't this possible if you had all of X, Y, OR and AS too? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, on Team Rainbow Rocket, is it supposed to be all the villainous teams put together? That makes pretty much no sense. First of all they all have different goals, especially Team Aqua's goal seems incompatible with the goals of the other teams. And then I recall some of them giving up on evil, Archie and Maxie outright realized the errors of their ways, but I guess the others just gave up because they were beat.
It's all the leaders of the different teams, from worlds where they WON.

I'm calling it now, the story in this game sucks compared to the original Sun and Moon, but it will have actual late game content, like this teaser video seems to show.

However, unless they release new non-ultra beasts or new Alolan forms, I will not be getting US/UM.

As for the "new" (heh) content we have now, I'd rather it have been a paid DLC for S/M to add extra late game in Ultra Space. Most of the content thus far has been what looks like a weaker story and uglier fashion options to wear.

Last edited:
Well, US/UM don't seem good enough to purchase. I haven't felt this way about Pokémon since B/W/B2/W2 let me down so hard. It seems that they're selling the same game with a cool end-game challenge mode with no real new content. Until I can't redeem codes on S/M, I see no value in the new titles.

That said, I do have two extra Shiny Silvally codes. They will work in North America only. Message me if you would like one.

I'm afraid I feel the same way, which sucks because the Pokémon series is one of my favorites. Were this a few years ago I might have gotten it, but today it's competing against a bunch of other games which both seem amazing and like breaths of fresh air for their franchises.

I suppose there is a very small chance that something really cool was kept from us, but it doesn't seem that way.

The reviews of US/UM have started to be posted and unfortunately it looks as expected. US/UM appears to have the same story as S/M, but with extras. It's disappointing. Yes, the post-game content sounds interesting and it's supposed to have more stuff... but come on. I'm not paying AUD$60 for a few new Z-moves. S/M is only a year old!

To quote one review from Ars Technica:
"Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are one-year-old games with some new stuff thrown in. They have a whole heaping helping of new stuff, to be fair, but, foundationally, the games are the same as their predecessors."

Very conflicting... maybe I'll take a look at US/UM when it's on sale.

Edit: It's already on sale with a release discount. Hmm...

Last edited:
am I the only one who enjoyed US/UM?
I'm enjoying it thus far.

I've just finished Sophocles' trial, I'm playing slowly sue me, and am having fun. I like the couple little sidequests that have been added to the game (the one involving the Left Pokeball and the one on Route 8 being particular favorites) and Mantine Surf is a fun enough distraction. I will say I wish the story was different enough at this point, so far I've only met around three new characters that are at all relevant to anything.

Just based on what I've played so far, I would still say US/UM is not worth the price tag. If you really want it or are a completionist trying to get every game, I'd say grab it on sale on Monday.

well, the ending is good (Sophocle is the electric one am I right?)
But I am stuck from about 4 days at the last trial

I would say US/UM is well worth it for anyone who did not get regular S/M, but is probably he least different "sister" game by GameFreak thus far, and not distant enough from S/M to warrant getting.

at least a better story than X/Y. And S/M and... all the other games bar N2/B2, I think. but as enjoyable as them because they have way better cutscenes.

I would argue that Black/White have the best story and yet the worst gameplay of any game (save the GameCube titles; those are the best in every way), but that is only my opinion. S/M rely on you liking the characters; particularly the enjoyable Lillie, Gladion, and Guzma; but not the plot as a whole.

Last edited:
That's exactly what made it enjoyable for me. But for the mantine surf, I must argue that it isn't the best attraction. just a word.
POKEWOOD.

If anyone needs Shiny Silvally, I still have two extra codes. Let me know if you want it! They only work in North America.

*Edit:
One code remaining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom