Weapons & Equip Biome essence

The concept goes like this: You take a 50ish gold new item from the wizard and 20 of a certain item in a biome, combine them at a hardmode anvil and boom! It makes a "biome essence" ascessory that reduces damage taken by their respective enemies by 20%. Now for what the "certain items" are:
Forest|20 wood
Desert|20 cacti
Snow|20 boreal wood
Corruption|20 ebonwood
Crimson|20 shadewood
Hallow|20 pearlwood
Mushroom|20 glowing mushrooms
Jungle|20 rich mahogany wood
Ocean|20 palm wood
Underground|20 gold/platinum ore
Hell|20 hellstone
Spider cave|20 cobweb
Space|20 sunplate
None for dungeon or jungle temple, no effect on bosses
Comment if I missed any biomes.
A sprite -> :redmunch:

Last edited:
The Worm Scarf already accomplishes this in ever biome; additional resistance added or multiplied would be overpowered and in any case redundant to the original intended use, not to mention aggravating to constantly change out (especially for some of these mini-biomes. Who would pay 50 gold to have a bit more resistance in space and spider caverns?)

As other people have addressed problems with this, just one additional oddity with this suggestion - the price of the crafting recipes are somewhat out of whack. 20 gold/platinum/hellstone/sunplate is a much costlier price than 20 cobwebs or glowing mushrooms.

But mostly, I'm afraid I just don't see much of a use for this; I mean, for specific grinding, sure, but they're not items you'd keep equipped otherwise, and banners already do this job better. Furthermore, most enemy spawns are a result of blocks rather than biomes, specifically, so coding this to work would require certain tables that I'm not sure exist, and there would have to be overlap as many enemies are members of multiple biomes. It wouldn't be difficult to do, but it'd add lookup overhead and I just don't think this justifies that. Having it give a flat boost while you're in a biome would be more useful and easier on the coding end. However, the ability to stack biomes could become a balance problem. Make a boss arena that's crimson/ice/underground, wear all the respective emblems, and enjoy 60% damage resistance. Hmm.

Honestly, the biggest problem I have with these is the crafting. It's way too easy to obtain most of these, and for the power they give you (or rather lack of power they give enemies) it would be way too powerful. I'd change the recipe and the % of damage reduced, and if they don't stack it could turn out to be quite the good idea.
where are the sprites?
They aren't required, and you shouldn't judge a suggestion based on them.

If you really care, imagine a smoother eye of the golem in different colors
It'd be different if you had put the Sprite tag in your suggestion title under the hopes that meant someone may make sprites for you (eta: that still wouldn't be a proper use of the tag, but at least more understandable). But if you're doing it for no reason, it does make it confusing. Which causes people to ask about it, which can then lead to quibbles. None of which is needed. For organization's sake and to be less confusing I'll remove the Sprite tag from all your threads that do not contain sprites.

They are required when in the title of the suggestion, it says "sprites" which means that there are, in fact sprites in the suggestion. So, yes i can judge a suggestion on whether or not they have them, if they say they do. Its common sense, @Gigavoir
It's possible that Gigavoir didn't notice that the title had a Sprite tag on it, and thought you were asking under the assumption that suggestions required sprites. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom