tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

@Canticle Van Darq, @Berk Rider, @lightbowser1 could you try to delete the mod's file at [Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods], then re-downloading the mod from the mod browser? As of right now, that's the only possible solution I can really think of. If that doesn't work, I'll ask around to see if anyone knows how to solve this issue.
unfortunately the devs they "delete" the previous versions for the "new update" because they "only" test his mod to be played as a only one mod playthrough, but Im going to stop here until 360chadscope can fix this..... "when" only he knows that answer.
I did stupidly forget to make a backup of the mod before updating it. I assumed everything would be alright, as I (and my testers) never had this issue while testing the mod. I really can't think of a reason why some people would have this problem while others don't. Just for the record, what other mods are you using and when exactly does this error message pop up? Does it happen when you try to load the mod, or when you try to load a world?

@Canticle Van Darq, @Berk Rider, @lightbowser1 could you try to delete the mod's file at [Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods], then re-downloading the mod from the mod browser? As of right now, that's the only possible solution I can really think of. If that doesn't work, I'll ask around to see if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

I did stupidly forget to make a backup of the mod before updating it. I assumed everything would be alright, as I (and my testers) never had this issue while testing the mod. I really can't think of a reason why some people would have this problem while others don't. Just for the record, what other mods are you using and when exactly does this error message pop up? Does it happen when you try to load the mod, or when you try to load a world?
well chad I gotta say that I was able to load the world and "play" by deleting the mod from the mod folder and re-downloading it

Okay, I backed up the mod file in question, deleted from mod folder, went in, downloaded new from tmodloader browser (which is how I get all mods), reloaded. I went in and out three times with two different characters into the world I've been using. No problems. The odd thing is, that the mod version just downloaded has the exact same file size and file info as the one I had downloaded two or three days ago. I'm thinking it might be a rare hootchie with how tmodloader updates/loads existing mods that change? Not sure. At any rate the next time this happens with any mod I'll remember to delete totally and reload brand new. Thanks for your quick response in helping us get this resolved! --Phil.

~-~V1.4.0.1 is out now!~-~
A small patch fixing a handful of bugs and hopefully also fixing the problem some had when loading up the mod:
v1.4.0.1
-bug fixes:
----cabinets are now temporarily unobtainable in multiplayer to circumvent a bug reported by @ShadowTiger
----ornate chandeliers, braziers, lanterns and wall candelabras now count as light sources, bug reported by @ShadowTiger
----fixed mysterious tablet animation, reported by @ShadowTiger
-additional changes:
----added crafting recipe for the mysterious tablet and renamed it to 'decorative mysterious tablet'

If you update the mod and get an error message, please do report so here. This can be fixed by deleting the file 'chadsfurni.tmod' at [Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods] and re-installing the mod.
~Multiplayer~

Cabinets are now, sadly, unavailable in multiplayer. This is to temporarily circumvent a bug which I hope to fix as soon as possible.
well chad I gotta say that I was able to load the world and "play" by deleting the mod from the mod folder and re-downloading it
I'm glad to hear that this worked! Still, it's less than ideal that people have to fiddle with the files to fix a problem with the mod. I've adjusted some code which I hope will prevent this issue in the future.
Okay, I backed up the mod file in question, deleted from mod folder, went in, downloaded new from tmodloader browser (which is how I get all mods), reloaded. I went in and out three times with two different characters into the world I've been using. No problems. The odd thing is, that the mod version just downloaded has the exact same file size and file info as the one I had downloaded two or three days ago. I'm thinking it might be a rare hootchie with how tmodloader updates/loads existing mods that change? Not sure. At any rate the next time this happens with any mod I'll remember to delete totally and reload brand new. Thanks for your quick response in helping us get this resolved! --Phil.
This is a really odd problem, indeed. I'm glad it's fixed now :D
No problem, and have fun playing Terraria!

I got a problem: basically I updated to 1.4.0.1 and when I tried to load a world with tons of stuff from this mod, the load failed and the message was this:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother.Load(TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.LoadModData(IList`1 list)

I'm not an expert, but I guess it has to do with memory. I have already tried to disable some mods I had to free up some space, still nothing. I know that it's just this world because I loaded my test world (that has nothing from this mod) and it worked just as fine.

Please tell me I haven't lost the world, I was so deep into the progression (and I'm also not really feeling up to rebuild my village from scratch right now)

I got a problem: basically I updated to 1.4.0.1 and when I tried to load a world with tons of stuff from this mod, the load failed and the message was this:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother.Load(TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.LoadModData(IList`1 list)

I'm not an expert, but I guess it has to do with memory. I have already tried to disable some mods I had to free up some space, still nothing. I know that it's just this world because I loaded my test world (that has nothing from this mod) and it worked just as fine.

Please tell me I haven't lost the world, I was so deep into the progression (and I'm also not really feeling up to rebuild my village from scratch right now)
This should resolve itself if you delete the file 'chadsfurni.cs' at [Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods] and re-download the mod. Don't worry, your world should be fine. I'm working on resolving this issue since this is obviously not ideal :sigh:

20171125_233548.jpg
When I loaded up a world, I got an OutofMemory kind of error caused by this mod (similar to what KBitegp said), so I updated the mod to the latest version and I ended up getting stuck in an infinite loading loop, where I will get the error (image attached), saying that the mod has been disabled, and then upon rereloading my mods I get the same error even though the mod was disabled. The [X] button in the game's window is also grayed out, so I can't just close the game, and I'm afraid something will screw up badly if I try to force the game to close with Task Manager or something. What do I do?

View attachment 188701 When I loaded up a world, I got an OutofMemory kind of error caused by this mod (similar to what KBitegp said), so I updated the mod to the latest version and I ended up getting stuck in an infinite loading loop, where I will get the error (image attached), saying that the mod has been disabled, and then upon rereloading my mods I get the same error even though the mod was disabled. The [X] button in the game's window is also grayed out, so I can't just close the game, and I'm afraid something will screw up badly if I try to force the game to close with Task Manager or something. What do I do?
Try deleting the mod and re-download it; with me it worked

Do I close the game though before I do that? I can't really close it normally, so I'd have to force close it with Task Manager.
you can actually delete it in the mods section, go to the more info and the Delete option should appear. If it won't load the menu, then forcing it to close is the only way, it shouldn't have any side-effects anyway

View attachment 188701 When I loaded up a world, I got an OutofMemory kind of error caused by this mod (similar to what KBitegp said), so I updated the mod to the latest version and I ended up getting stuck in an infinite loading loop, where I will get the error (image attached), saying that the mod has been disabled, and then upon rereloading my mods I get the same error even though the mod was disabled. The [X] button in the game's window is also grayed out, so I can't just close the game, and I'm afraid something will screw up badly if I try to force the game to close with Task Manager or something. What do I do?
I don't think anything will get screwed up if you close the game with the task manager. Like KBitegp said, try deleting the mod and then re-downloading it. I'm currently trying to fix this issue.

Sorry for not being super active in the past few days, I've been working hard to try and fix the crashes some have been experiencing.
Have a screenshot with a small spoiler hidden in it:
View attachment 188916
Thanks to Flashkirby99's amazing Builder's Toolbox for making the living tree and the flowers easily placeable.
Also thanks for 25,000 downloads. That's a lot. Thanks.
thanks to you for the rocking mod! and I saw the birdie in the birdhouse, don't ya think I missed it!:naughty:

thanks to you for the rocking mod! and I saw the birdie in the birdhouse, don't ya think I missed it!:naughty:
Agreed -- it's possibly the most appropriately-adorable thing I've seen made for this game.

@360Chadscope I've been waiting for your 1.4 update to actually "play" Terraria again. From what little I've had time for so far, it's everything I was hoping for and then some. As much attention as this incredible mod gets, it doesn't get nearly what it deserves. Thank you SO much for giving us another reason to play Terraria again. :)

still absolutely loving your mod, its gotta be my absolute favorite!

I was curious, do you plan on adding any special decor for the holidays? Such as Halloween , although its passed. And perhaps the festive X-Mas holiday aswell? I know we have a handful of festive decor in the vanilla game, but id love to see your take and ideas implemented for the holidays. Keep up the amazing work! Btw all my buds who i play multiplayer with LOVE and adore your mod! You are very talented!

Back
Top Bottom