Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Would love if it would be possible to have an option to prevent the Corruption/Crimson spawn inside of each other and the snow biome since unlike the desert biomes, of which there are multiple, there is only one snow biome... also there is an option to keep the Jungle and World evils seperate, yet no option to specifically set the sides of each biome if that is possible at all, can you actually generate a world where the jungle and snow biome are on the same side and the corruption and crimson on the other side? Just an idea, no idea if that would even look remotely good when generated, I just kinda like having more customization options.

hey there,i keep having this same error over and over again :

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__261_84(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

i thought it was the amount of objects,so i tunned them down even though i had it at the default mode. do you know whats causing this?

hey there,i keep having this same error over and over again :

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__261_84(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)

i thought it was the amount of objects,so i tunned them down even though i had it at the default mode. do you know whats causing this?
Are you using mods? it's probably related to that. Unfortunately, the way ExampleMod shows to do this means the stack trace isn't useful.

Are you using mods? it's probably related to that. Unfortunately, the way ExampleMod shows to do this means the stack trace isn't useful.
yeah,i'm using quite a few of them,is there any way to trace the source without having to disable each mod one by one?

Edit: i just tried without using Terra custom and it worked fine even with the mods,i'm using Genpreview,so i'm not sure if that is the mod that is having conflict. also,i tried to use the larger world mod and it kept crashing even if i followed the recommended size. also,it seems to crash at the same spot every time,about shortly after the guide is spawned,between placing the water chests and generating the grass and plants.

Last edited:
So what's the difference between Surface Upper Limit and Surface Lower Limit?

I'm asking the question in terms of another question - Is there a way to keep the generated surface ground level (Say, ... at the spawn point.) low enough that we have maximum ground-to-space height? As in, the average surface height is just barely scraping the underground layer?

So what's the difference between Surface Upper Limit and Surface Lower Limit?

I'm asking the question in terms of another question - Is there a way to keep the generated surface ground level (Say, ... at the spawn point.) low enough that we have maximum ground-to-space height? As in, the average surface height is just barely scraping the underground layer?
upper is the upper limit to the surface variation, lower is the lower limit.

For what you want, you would maximize both the values to squash the surface variation really tight and also have them very low in the map.

Hello, im going to start a new youtube series as soon as i get this mod to work.. Problem is that I get this error message when i try to create a world..
Bug...PNG

It kinda bugged. I just installed it by Reading README - Notepad aaaaand when i tried opening it.. It didn't come up.. I thought my PC Bugged so i restarted it. Nope , same thing. Do i need another or more mods to install this?

My suggestions for additions to this wonderful program would be the option to choose to stack crimson and corruption biomes on top of each other, as well as the aforementioned option of having the option of keeping them from corrupting the snow biome. Another solution would be to select if you want 2 smaller snow biomes, 1 on each side of the map or make the snow biome generate like the desert biome with small regions of snow, and a larger one with a tunnel network similar to the underground desert.

A builder question... Could a world be generated with all possible walls replaced with "player placed walls"? I know it would break a world, with a jungle temple/dungeon being neutered, but from a building standpoint, I have a few seeds, that would be AMAZING if this would work

A builder question... Could a world be generated with all possible walls replaced with "player placed walls"? I know it would break a world, with a jungle temple/dungeon being neutered, but from a building standpoint, I have a few seeds, that would be AMAZING if this would work
There aren't player placed variants of all walls, so it would be hard/incomplete.

I figured as much, I knew it would only be a partial, since not all walls have non-hostile versions. Was hoping there would be an easy way to swap it during creation, but I can always use something like tEdit to get the same effect. Thanks for the reply!

I'm trying to work on worlds but the spawn area height is just borderline to Underground. I'm probably doing something wrong. Normally the spawn area has a bit more variance between 160-320, but I've seen 40-80.

So i am wondering something in future versions would there be an option to toggle what side the crimson or corruption strip spawns in on the start of hardmode? :)

Whenever I try to put the 'Surface Lower Limit' below the value that the 'Surface Upper Limit' has, I can't. If 'Surface Upper Limit' is set to 40%, then I can't put 'Surface Lower Limit' below this value. Any fixes to this? Another thing, when generating extra large worlds, I got the message

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()

Also, I noticed a weird quirk, a ton of traps generate by the dungeon, I don't think that is intentional, at least I hope. (When you add additional traps, may I mention.)

Finally, I notice that when you generate a large amount of shrines in a world, not only do they generate very close to the surface, but they also generate very close to eachother, and close to living trees. Not sure if that is intentional as well.

Last edited:
Whenever I try to put the 'Surface Lower Limit' below the value that the 'Surface Upper Limit' has, I can't. If 'Surface Upper Limit' is set to 40%, then I can't put 'Surface Lower Limit' below this value. Any fixes to this? Another thing, when generating extra large worlds, I got the message

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()

Also, I noticed a weird quirk, a ton of traps generate by the dungeon, I don't think that is intentional, at least I hope. (When you add additional traps, may I mention.)

Finally, I notice that when you generate a large amount of shrines in a world, not only do they generate very close to the surface, but they also generate very close to eachother, and close to living trees. Not sure if that is intentional as well.
Shrines have to generate next to each other because of how they are positioned. I'm pretty sure your first question is how it is suppose to be, you just don't get that a higher % is measuring from the top of the map. And running out of memory is gonna happen depending on what you are doing.

so i have a question: if you tick the box for both corruption and crimson, what happens when you defeat the wall of flesh and the v stripe happens

Back
Top Bottom