tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Could future change logs be posted here? Having to check the Discord server is a bit out of the way. Also Death Mode bosses clutter up the Boss Checklist if you're not on the proper mode to fight them.

On my melee play through, I must of died against Yharon so many times. I simply cannot figure out how to beat him. I have a little over 1k HP, around 100 defense God Slayer Armor, some damage boosting accessories, the Supersonic Soul (with super speed off) and flight soul from Fargo's Mutant Mod, and I still can't outpace Yharon. He hits for over half a thousand HP and has almost 4 million HP. Any legit defense is probably useless since you get hit so hard. I'm on an expert world and not in Revengeance Mode. At most I can get him down to around half HP and he gets even harder by then. I've seen videos of him beaten before (by a mage), but he had a lot less HP back then. I guess melee really struggles here since swords won't do their full DPS without being close to him and that's basically a death wish. I feel if I were a mage it would be easier since that class tends to be very powerful in general. Supreme Calamitas must be absolutely brutal by comparison.
For melee characters, watch Leviathan's channel on YouTube. He tends to try and no-hit or just show off Yharon using the Galaxia and Devil's Devastation, so he should be a good place to get strategy.

It may late but I really love the death mode change of DOG and I want to say thanks to who designed this , it actually make me feel the athmosphere and It made me feel both the tensity of fight and the art of boss and athmosphere . Good work . Also @DM DOKURO music is excellent and it really makes you feel the soul of fight , good work .

I really like new sprites of Caeseles void and Plague bringer goliath!
Are you going to make new sprite for Perforator, hive mind, desert scourge and Providens the Profaned God?

I found something that might be either a bug or a conflict of code. If you equip a dye in the pet slot whilst having the Heart of the Elements equipped, the Siren lure, and ONLY the Siren Lure, will be the color of the dye, made worse by the fact that they don't change color based on the dye you put in the slot next to the actual Heart. So I took the dye off, but I really like having a Rainbow Flying Gato next to me. Sorry, there are probably bigger fish to fry, but thought you should know...
This happened to me too but i only had the Pearl of Enthrallment equipped and it still did it.

For a suggestion, could the devs add music boxes for the new music added by this mod? I would really like to listen to some of the songs like the Leviathan's theme.
For melee characters, watch Leviathan's channel on YouTube. He tends to try and no-hit or just show off Yharon using the Galaxia and Devil's Devastation, so he should be a good place to get strategy.
I'm getting closer to winning thanks to those two weapons, but I'm still not quite there yet. I might simply not be good enough to progress.

itemframe Boss Lore item to place and display.....load failed

K-20171202-303271.jpg

K-20171202-300601.jpg

Finally! I've beaten Yharon on my melee character. I had the same gear setup as my last post, but this time I guess I fought better. I even got the The Burning Sky as a drop, which hopefully helps in rematches. One of my accessories was Thorium's Spirit Band, which prevents you from taking more than 150 damage from an attack, but has a 10 second cooldown before it works again. It worked as intended against direct hits, but not the infernados. Call it cheap or even cheaty, but I considered it fair game especially given how Thorium is not by any means an OP mod. Besides, it sounds like it won't matter against Supreme Calamitas who I hear has a hit limit before she automatically kills you.

itemframe Boss Lore item to place and display.....load failed

View attachment 188995

View attachment 188996
That's a general tModLoader issue, AFAIK. For some reason, vanilla item frames and other such display furniture can't handle modded items very well, and corrupted .twld files can result from this incompatibility. I've had it happen to me before, and it sucked because I'd invested a lot of effort into the world in question.

I haven't had issues with the mod for a while (I'm only running calamity and a boss health bar mod) but all of a sudden I tried to run the mod today and got this error message:

The wav sound file at Sounds/Item/FlareSound.wav failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I have a friend who was never able to load calamity because this same error message always occurred, but I never had the issue until now. How does one fix this?

How come Supreme Calamitas assumes you're cheating and instagibs you if you don't damage her fast enough? I use Prefixes for Enemies and I happened to get a bad prefix on one of the brothers, Adaptive. It makes enemies take 70% less damage from the damage class it was less hit with for three seconds. While the bothers are active, Supreme Calamitas can't be hurt and it was taking me a lot longer than usual to take out one of the brothers. Then out of nowhere while slowly fighting that brother, Supreme Calamitas decides I'm cheating.

I really like new sprites of Caeseles void and Plague bringer goliath!
Are you going to make new sprite for Perforator, hive mind, desert scourge and Providens the Profaned God?
all of those are getting resprited currently except for Desert Scourge. Perferators and Hive Mind are done and just need to be animated and Providence has a spunky new design being textured currently.

So I seem to be having a bug(?) this playthrough in which some of the later Calamity bosses (starting with Providence, seems to include everything from her up to and including DoG body - I know head is supposed to gib me) do insane amounts of damage, usually instakilling or doing 600+ per hit on contact damage, in Normal difficulty. I do not have Revengeance/Death enabled and the last time I did an endgame run a few months ago and beat all the Calamity content I don't remember getting exploded like this lol. Running a lot of mods (mostly QoL stuff, alchemistnpc, fargo's, imksushi, that kinda thing, one of the leveling mods - all stuff I was running last time I played) but almost entirely vanilla/Calamity gear and accessories, some of the lower level Fargo's stuff. Problem persists across worlds as well. By NO means am I a great player, I know I kinda suck, but I remember endgame calamity being... doable, hard (and fun!) as hell for me even on normal but bosses weren't oneshotting me left and right at least. The highest I've managed to get to atm is about 800 life 180 defense (with enough potions) so I don't think the problem is me being super squishy.

Would anyone happen to have an idea on what's going on? Did everything just get buffed to be that much harder or did I break something or...?

I have a question / possible bug report. I just attempted to beat the DoG on multiplayer (I am aware multiplayer is buggy, so I know there may not be a resolution). We died (of course), but now all mounts are still disabled, meaning no Cosmic Car Keys and no minecarts, which is kinda super inconvenient. We also don't run super fast anymore, and pets are also disabled. Restarting didn't help. We tried to kill it again and failed (we can get to the final respawned form, but die then), so I'm not sure if actually killing it would make the mounts usable again.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there any way to fix it?

Edit: Though I generally avoid cheating unless necessary...I consider not being able to ride mounts as constituting "necessary," so we cheated a bunch of late-game stuff into our inventories so we could beat him. After restarting the game, we can ride mounts and run fast again. Now to delete this awesome gun and armor...sniff...

Last edited:
So I seem to be having a bug(?) this playthrough in which some of the later Calamity bosses (starting with Providence, seems to include everything from her up to and including DoG body - I know head is supposed to gib me) do insane amounts of damage, usually instakilling or doing 600+ per hit on contact damage, in Normal difficulty. I do not have Revengeance/Death enabled and the last time I did an endgame run a few months ago and beat all the Calamity content I don't remember getting exploded like this lol. Running a lot of mods (mostly QoL stuff, alchemistnpc, fargo's, imksushi, that kinda thing, one of the leveling mods - all stuff I was running last time I played) but almost entirely vanilla/Calamity gear and accessories, some of the lower level Fargo's stuff. Problem persists across worlds as well. By NO means am I a great player, I know I kinda suck, but I remember endgame calamity being... doable, hard (and fun!) as hell for me even on normal but bosses weren't oneshotting me left and right at least. The highest I've managed to get to atm is about 800 life 180 defense (with enough potions) so I don't think the problem is me being super squishy.

Would anyone happen to have an idea on what's going on? Did everything just get buffed to be that much harder or did I break something or...?

Did you use the special life fruits? Also, what's your armor/accessories?

Changelog for 1.2.3.006:
Code:
1 - Made Yharon's Infernadoes (the big ones) for sure never hit the player when they spawn.
2 - Fixed Cloud Elemental animation.
3 - Added Cryogen, Calamitas, and DoG phase 1 music boxes.
4 - Added Desert Scourge theme.
5 - Made Yharon's second AI phase despawn more quickly when the player is dead.
6 - Added blue and green Siren transformation accessories.
7 - Modified the Slime God fight slightly to fix a bug where it sometimes would not split up.
8 - Made Death Mode Slime God more interesting.
9 - Slowed down the Slime God Core so it's not so stupidly annoying.
10 - Added Leviathan baby pet.
This update came out just now, but I dunno when it’s being posted to the thread. I’m hopefully not doing something wrong here.

Back
Top Bottom