tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

still absolutely loving your mod, its gotta be my absolute favorite!

I was curious, do you plan on adding any special decor for the holidays? Such as Halloween , although its passed. And perhaps the festive X-Mas holiday aswell? I know we have a handful of festive decor in the vanilla game, but id love to see your take and ideas implemented for the holidays. Keep up the amazing work! Btw all my buds who i play multiplayer with LOVE and adore your mod! You are very talented!
I mean, we all would love to see Chad spewing his magic dust over the holidays, so... I second this!
And also, while I was at school this morning I had this bomb dropping in my head: how about invisible blocks and walls, that still count towards the house requirements? Just let sink in the idea of making NPCs live in ruin-like builds and make our town completely safe from mobs in Expert Mode without making ugly Attack-On-Titan-esque walls:naughty:

Sadly this mod is still causing the world to fail to load. Before the newest update, the mod worked fine for a while, then suddenly the world wouldn't load. So I updated to the newest version and had the same problem. Just now I deleted the mod and redownloaded it and it still won't load my world with the mod loaded. The only thing I have placed from this mod are the boss figures.

still absolutely loving your mod, its gotta be my absolute favorite!
I was curious, do you plan on adding any special decor for the holidays? Such as Halloween , although its passed. And perhaps the festive X-Mas holiday aswell? I know we have a handful of festive decor in the vanilla game, but id love to see your take and ideas implemented for the holidays. Keep up the amazing work! Btw all my buds who i play multiplayer with LOVE and adore your mod! You are very talented!
Thank you very much! :happy:
I plan on doing a christmas special update at some point, but I don't think that'll happen this year. I'm gonna have a very busy December already :sigh:
I mean, we all would love to see Chad spewing his magic dust over the holidays, so... I second this!
And also, while I was at school this morning I had this bomb dropping in my head: how about invisible blocks and walls, that still count towards the house requirements? Just let sink in the idea of making NPCs live in ruin-like builds and make our town completely safe from mobs in Expert Mode without making ugly Attack-On-Titan-esque walls:naughty:
That indeed does seem like a really cool idea! I'll look into a way to make that work.

The Decorative Mysterious Tablet can be placed now, but try attempting to mine it out with your pickaxe. It crashed my client when I mined out the inside, but not the outside. o_O

I am using Kalyphos's (Whatever the name is) RPG mod and the Calamity mod, as well as a bunch of other mods of course. Plenty to list.

The Mystic furniture doesn't seem to be able to have objects on top of it. I tried to put the Mystic Candelabra on top of the Mystic Piano, for example, and it wouldn't hold it.

If there's been an update in the past week, though I haven't done it. I'm afraid to break the world if I do update. >..<

Game crash because of 'HandleOther' or something, i tried redownloading it but it didn't do anything, please help this is a great mod and i wan't to play it.
Can you send me a screenshot of the error message?
So I have been having the same issue as others. However, my poking around has shown that only my main large world will not load. Small worlds load fine.
It seems that the issue does indeed have something to do with world size. It's really weird. Are you using other mods?
The Decorative Mysterious Tablet can be placed now, but try attempting to mine it out with your pickaxe. It crashed my client when I mined out the inside, but not the outside. o_O
The Mystic furniture doesn't seem to be able to have objects on top of it. I tried to put the Mystic Candelabra on top of the Mystic Piano, for example, and it wouldn't hold it.
Those are some odd bugs. Thanks for reporting, I'll have them fixed in the next patch.
If there's been an update in the past week, though I haven't done it. I'm afraid to break the world if I do update. >..<
Understandable, as a lot of people are experiencing problems when updating and I'm not really sure why. There has not been an update since the one that fixed the mysterious tablet animation anyway, and I hope the next one will fix the crashes.

Game crash because of 'HandleOther' or something, i tried redownloading it but it didn't do anything, please help this is a great mod and i wan't to play it.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message?

It seems that the issue does indeed have something to do with world size. It's really weird. Are you using other mods?
You won't believe this:
so at first it didn't do this "handleother" crash, that was listed as an out of memory crash, I loaded my large world and it worked just fine, I exit it a moment to do a thing, i try to reload it, BAM! chadsfurni load failed. This happened yesterday,by the way. So I delete and redownload the mod, still fails. Today I go to double check so I can give you the error log, the world loads just fine and as I write this post is currently paused waiting for me to return. Now THIS is an oddity:confused:

I've also been having similar problems, as expressed by others above me. When I exited my large world, and entered the Mod Browser, the game proceeded to crash. This did not happen until I had updated this mod.

Can everybody who is having problems send me a screenshot of the crash report? Also, if possible, a list of the mods you're using would be very useful. I'm still looking into why this crash may be occurring.
You won't believe this:
so at first it didn't do this "handleother" crash, that was listed as an out of memory crash, I loaded my large world and it worked just fine, I exit it a moment to do a thing, i try to reload it, BAM! chadsfurni load failed. This happened yesterday,by the way. So I delete and redownload the mod, still fails. Today I go to double check so I can give you the error log, the world loads just fine and as I write this post is currently paused waiting for me to return. Now THIS is an oddity:confused:
That is really odd, indeed. Thanks for reporting. I hope the world will just work now :confused:
I've also been having similar problems, as expressed by others above me. When I exited my large world, and entered the Mod Browser, the game proceeded to crash. This did not happen until I had updated this mod.
Does this crash happen every time you try to open the mod browser?

That is really odd, indeed. Thanks for reporting. I hope the world will just work now :confused:
Guess what? it did it again. same script: exit, fails to reload. But this time I have the notorious and elusive crash log, here:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother.Load(TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.LoadModData(IList`1 list)
But if I were to give a quick guess, I think the mod doesn't like to be launched more than once per session, I wonder whyo_O

Guess what? it did it again. same script: exit, fails to reload. But this time I have the notorious and elusive crash log, here:
But if I were to give a quick guess, I think the mod doesn't like to be launched more than once per session, I wonder whyo_O
My best guess is, considering it says it is out of memory, that the memory of your computers RAM/tmodloader is getting overloaded by loading the mod more than once, try closing & reopening the game every time it doesn't load, that should clear any built up RAM produced from tmodloader

My best guess is, considering it says it is out of memory, that the memory of your computers RAM/tmodloader is getting overloaded by loading the mod more than once, try closing & reopening the game every time it doesn't load, that should clear any built up RAM produced from tmodloader
well, that is most certainly the case, considering how bad my computer is; but the thing is it happened to some other people, and I guess they have better RAMs than mine, so... there's gotta be more to that

Well, I've got the big 4 aka Thorium, tremor, calamity, spirit along with a bunch of smaller mods.
What are the smaller mods? It could be that it's a compatibility problem with one of those.
That's really odd. Maybe it has something to do with that, yeah. I'll look into that.
I can't imagine that that's the problem, though. Surely then it would be a known bug that occurs with or without my mod.
I do have 16 GB of RAM but since terraria is a 32 bit application, wouldn't it be limited to 4 gigs anyway?
There is a way around that by not directly loading the mods while ingame, but instead, after enabling them (but not yet reloading) just restarting the game. It will then load them without a problem. Although I've seen the error that gives, and it does not meet the description of the errors that people are experiencing now.

The following is the error as displayed by the Log.

Error in reading custom world data for chadsfurni
at Terraria.ModLoader.Default.MysteryWorld.Load(TagCompound tag)

Inner Exception:

My mod list is as follows.

"AlchemistNPC",
"AllTheWalls",
"BaseMod",
"BettertakeaPowerTool",
"Bismuth",
"Boombastic",
"BossChecklist",
"BuilderPlus",
"BuildPlanner",
"CalamityMod",
"chadsfurni",