Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

so i have a question: if you tick the box for both corruption and crimson, what happens when you defeat the wall of flesh and the v stripe happens

Whatever you Choose as first world evil. #Is Shown in the World gen will be your main Evil and will so act like that.

Means if you choose Corruption with Crimson your world is Corruption, if you choose Crimson with Corruption your world is Crimson.

@jopojelly I notice that when generating 16800 x 4800 maps that the surface layer is usually very thin, even when I set the upper limit to a low value, and the lower limit to a high value. How would I get the surface layer of an 'extra large map' to be both closer to space, and also a lot thicker? (larger value when measured using cellphone/gps)

Also, another thing, generation of worlds often gets stuck at 'generating corruption pits.' This happens when I have a crimson world with corruption pits (and when the crimson and corruption are forced to generate on opposite sides of the world), and when the world is extra large, and with 100%, 10%, 45% values for surface generation.

Finally, I notice that evil biomes often generate very near, or inside the ocean. Why does this happen, and can it be fixed?

Last edited:
CRdZK
CRdZK

Hey @jopojelly ... just need a bit of help here. Trying to only create an extra large world. not modifying anything else in terracustom and it keeps throwing this at me. I've reduced chest count, etc, and cannot get it to work. It gets to about 47% in step one then just dies. it's also throwing the out of memory bug which ive tried fixing by turning mods off and redoing it..and still nothing.
Final edit: so after 3 hours of trying to get a world to generate..finally figured it out. had to disable ALL mods at all to generate an XL world. would get to 70-90% resetting objects then hit memory cap and crash.
nope still scratch that. still. dies. will complete creation and die at the end now.
i know this isnt something you can do but this makes the mod useless so thankyou anyways

Attachments

• terraria.png
    terraria.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
CRdZK
CRdZK

Hey @jopojelly ... just need a bit of help here. Trying to only create an extra large world. not modifying anything else in terracustom and it keeps throwing this at me. I've reduced chest count, etc, and cannot get it to work. It gets to about 47% in step one then just dies. it's also throwing the out of memory bug which ive tried fixing by turning mods off and redoing it..and still nothing.
Final edit: so after 3 hours of trying to get a world to generate..finally figured it out. had to disable ALL mods at all to generate an XL world. would get to 70-90% resetting objects then hit memory cap and crash.
nope still scratch that. still. dies. will complete creation and die at the end now.
i know this isnt something you can do but this makes the mod useless so thankyou anyways
How extra large...in both dimensions? If so, that's really, really on the edge of possibilities.

@jopojelly Is it possible to run extra large worlds in both dimensions without performance issues? I stutter quite a bit while playing in these worlds, is it a RAM related issue?

I'm not sure which is the bottleneck that would cause stuttering when you go that large.
Let me tell you my specs then. FX 8350 (CPU), R9 380 (GPU), 8GB 2133Mhz DDR3 RAM. I notice that when I use Terraria with this mod, that my RAM usage in the task manager shoots way up to about 2700mb of ram, or about 70% of my available ram, according to task manager, as 4GB of my RAM is apparently 'shared' to my video card. Is there a way I could allocate more RAM to Terraria? Is there a hard limit?

Let me tell you my specs then. FX 8350 (CPU), R9 380 (GPU), 8GB 2133Mhz DDR3 RAM. I notice that when I use Terraria with this mod, that my RAM usage in the task manager shoots way up to about 2700mb of ram, or about 70% of my available ram, according to task manager, as 4GB of my RAM is apparently 'shared' to my video card. Is there a way I could allocate more RAM to Terraria? Is there a hard limit?
There is a hard limit of 4gb for ALL 32 bit processes. Windows and other programs you have running have a bunch of 32 bit processes running, so there is no way terraria can use the full 4gb.

There is a hard limit of 4gb for ALL 32 bit processes. Windows and other programs you have running have a bunch of 32 bit processes running, so there is no way terraria can use the full 4gb.
Is that the case, even if you have, let's say 16GB or more of RAM? Is there a way I could allocate all of these 4 gigs of RAM to Terraria?

On the spawn relocation, just a few ideas (you probably already thought of all of these)
Drop down that includes these (or more)
1: Normal
2: Random Surface
3: Spawn on coast. Spawn on one of the ocean coasts like a shipwrecked person.
4: Underground (for Drow run easy mode) (spawn torch on ground at spawn)
5: Cavern (for Drow run hard mode) (spawn torch on ground at spawn)
5: Sky Island Spawn. Spawn on a sky island, chest next to spawn includes 200 rope.

Next Drop Down:
Biome selection

Spawn Kit:
Choose starting items that spawn in a chest next to you.

Then you could choose a Cavern Jungle start that would put you in cavern underground jungle for a hard drow run challenge.
[doublepost=1514828660,1514828441][/doublepost]
Is that the case, even if you have, let's say 16GB or more of RAM? Is there a way I could allocate all of these 4 gigs of RAM to Terraria?

If you want the most memory and don't want to mess with your current PC build and you have some knowledge, build a VM on your machine with nothing else installed but Terraria. It will be given it's own 32-bit space and you will get the most of the 4GB. Everything from browsers, java apps, discord, etc. all run in the 32-bit space.

@Talamar1 Are you referring to Virtual Memory by VM? How would I set this up?
Just build a VM for Terraria, could probably even use an older version of windows if you wanted. Give it 6GB or Ram, 2 for the OS and stuff, 4 for the game. Install it and run it in the VM full screen. Really should not need to do this unless you are running a ton of mods. I can typically run 20-30 mods including the largest content mods (like Thorium, Calamity, Tremor, etc.) all at the same time without resorting to this.

Just build a VM for Terraria, could probably even use an older version of windows if you wanted. Give it 6GB or Ram, 2 for the OS and stuff, 4 for the game. Install it and run it in the VM full screen. Really should not need to do this unless you are running a ton of mods. I can typically run 20-30 mods including the largest content mods (like Thorium, Calamity, Tremor, etc.) all at the same time without resorting to this.
he's asking what u mean by VM. VM stands for virtual machine, yes, but it also stands for virtual memory, something completely different

Is it possible to have separate sliders for "number of ore spawns" and "density of ore"? I think it would be neat to have rare but very large ore veins. Imagine having to actually search around for ore veins, then striking the motherload.

Is it possible to have separate sliders for "number of ore spawns" and "density of ore"? I think it would be neat to have rare but very large ore veins. Imagine having to actually search around for ore veins, then striking the motherload.
I like this idea a lot. Is it ok if it's just 1 slider for all veins? I'd like to keep things simple enough and I'm guessing anyone wanting this would be ok with it being a shared setting among all ores.

Is ore amount proportional to the world size? If so, how does it work with custom ore added by mod (Thorium, specifically)?

Does additional crimson/corruption spread along with base biome?

Is ore amount proportional to the world size? If so, how does it work with custom ore added by mod (Thorium, specifically)?

Does additional crimson/corruption spread along with base biome?
As of now the tool does nothing for modded ores. Modded ores, however, if they are programmed correctly, should scale with the world size.

Not sure what you are asking with the 2nd question

Back
Top Bottom