Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I got to thinking about it, the 'bug' you guys described doesn't seem like a bug at all, I think its how xbax handles signing out of profiles, maybe if you guys like, pulled a dark souls and added a black box save feature that could solve the whole issue? Honestly It doesn't seem like that big of an issue, like, remember 1.2? Where you could put stuff in a piggy bank and the game would turn it into a ridiculous amount of pickaxes, that, if you reloaded the game and removed a few, would morph into some other item because the pickaxes directly correlated to the item id of the item in the piggy bank? That was a major issue that was also fun and out there because thats where most of these 'hacked' items come from...(I have a gravity globe and an SDMG in my collection that I got FROM this update's bug, in fact.) But this is just my opinion and my crazy overhype for the update to finally come out. WOOT PIPEWORKS.

Goodnight guys! (and happy wishings for 1.3!!!)
[doublepost=1512967762,1512967716][/doublepost]That would be MYYYYYY Christmas gift.:naughty:

I believe that is only during split screen. But yes, during split screen it will only be 30 fps I think.

I will see if I can get a Pipeworks rep to confirm the details there... but I THINK it may only have that limitation in 3-4 player splitscreen. The key here is consistency - do you cap a consistent but lower number or have the potential for noticeable variations (aka slowdown) when, say, 4 players are all popping last prism at the same time vs Destroyer in a giant arena full of 900 traps.

(That is my understanding of things at least, but again - it would be best if someone from PW could clarify @WhiskeyNinja @ClearConscious )

Also most pepole probably did this to get thing that were on Pc when console was basically abandoned

When was console "basically abandoned" - that has never occurred. People hacked in items because that is just what people do, that has nothing to do with any move made by any dev team. Just saying. ;)

wow you're a real pleasure, I guess we'll all act like that's not the current state of the game and you basically just said its 50/50 if it'll ruin 95% of the communities worlds/progress for the past couple years and we can't talk about it

At the very least, you should expect any hacked items to disappear with this update. Beyond that, we did not test for what happens with such items in a world, so whatever happens is not our problem, it's yours.

Just to close this out. First, will echo what forum staff said about discussion of hacked items and hacking being a minefield. There is a reason it is off limits and discouraged.

Terraria itself has an immense number of variables to test against. Adding in hacked item situations - some of which are likely not even known to the dev team themselves - is just not possible to test against to any sort of completeness or certainty standard. Pipeworks has no idea what you or anyone else may have done to alter your game and thus no way to test or guarantee anything about that.

95% of players is a vast, vast overstatement in regards to the distribution of such things. Not discounting the potential impact, just saying.

That said, I would echo what @Tunnel King said - if it were up to me, I would expect/want any hacked items to poof from existence with no other harm done. Will see if Pipeworks can provide any further information or details.

Uh, I got to thinking about it, the 'bug' you guys described doesn't seem like a bug at all,

The "suspend state" issue is that it wasn't doing what the old version of the game (and most other XB1 games) do in that situation - so it needed to be fixed to do so.

As for all the questions on "what's next" - as we have said in the past, the plan is generally:

Console > Hotfix/Stabilize Console > Mobile/Switch > Next Content Update (ideally across all platforms in close proximity) > Hotfix/Stabilize Update > Rinse and Repeat

As for the timing of all of that, well - let's get the first wave out now and then loop back around to that. Rest assured that it is a priority topic of discussion. ;)

I will see if I can get a Pipeworks rep to confirm the details there... but I THINK it may only have that limitation in 3-4 player splitscreen. The key here is consistency - do you cap a consistent but lower number or have the potential for noticeable variations (aka slowdown) when, say, 4 players are all popping last prism at the same time vs Destroyer in a giant arena full of 900 traps.

(That is my understanding of things at least, but again - it would be best if someone from PW could clarify @WhiskeyNinja @ClearConscious )

When was console "basically abandoned" - that has never occurred. People hacked in items because that is just what people do, that has nothing to do with any move made by any dev team. Just saying. ;)

Just to close this out. First, will echo what forum staff said about discussion of hacked items and hacking being a minefield. There is a reason it is off limits and discouraged.

Terraria itself has an immense number of variables to test against. Adding in hacked item situations - some of which are likely not even known to the dev team themselves - is just not possible to test against to any sort of completeness or certainty standard. Pipeworks has no idea what you or anyone else may have done to alter your game and thus no way to test or guarantee anything about that.

95% of players is a vast, vast overstatement in regards to the distribution of such things. Not discounting the potential impact, just saying.

That said, I would echo what @Tunnel King said - if it were up to me, I would expect/want any hacked items to poof from existence with no other harm done. Will see if Pipeworks can provide any further information or details.

The "suspend state" issue is that it wasn't doing what the old version of the game (and most other XB1 games) do in that situation - so it needed to be fixed to do so.

As for all the questions on "what's next" - as we have said in the past, the plan is generally:

Console > Hotfix/Stabilize Console > Mobile/Switch > Next Content Update (ideally across all platforms in close proximity) > Hotfix/Stabilize Update > Rinse and Repeat

As for the timing of all of that, well - let's get the first wave out now and then loop back around to that. Rest assured that it is a priority topic of discussion. ;)
I just hope it won't be too laggy, I always play 3 player split screen :/

Oh yay! I finally got a answer... that's better than most!

Also saying 95% of players don't have "those" items is very strange.. everyone I know has a pair ofReds wings of a superstack somewhere.

But it still could be delayed again, just because it's been submitted for Cert. Testing doesn't mean it's going to come though. As excited as I am to get it for PS4, I know there might be a slight chance they find a bug or two that still need to be fixed. In that case it'll go back to Pipeworks and they'll have to fix the bug(s) and then send it back. Although I'm crossing my fingers that it won't happen, there's still that chance.

i dunno man... remember 1.2's initial launch?

if that was able to get through certification... i don't think we have to worry about a stable 1.3 update being turned away.

So will you be releasing it for Ps4 when it passes or are you gonna wait for Xbox 1?

the update is currently in sony's hands... when they approve it, they'll be the ones releasing it, so no... sony will not wait.

Regarding the upcoming update, I just recently got a ps4 as my current generation. Are there specific days that they roll out updates like Xbox does for Thursday?
Has there been any feedback regarding the submission for certification? Thank you in advance for the answers.

playstation updates tend to occur on tuesday, regarding the PS store, atleast.

Oh yay! I finally got a answer... that's better than most!

Also saying 95% of players don't have "those" items is very strange.. everyone I know has a pair ofReds wings of a superstack somewhere.

...do you know how big the console fanbase is?

do you KNOW 95% of those people?

cause you are officially the most popular person in existence if you personally know and are friends with so many millions of people.

i don't have any of those items in my game, just to be clear... nor do i know anyone who does.

i HIGHLY doubt anywhere near that many people are using those items, it's a ridiculous estimate without any foundation to support it.

hundreds, thousands, maybe... but MILLIONS? the entire community?

not likely.

Last edited:
the update is currently in sony's hands... when they approve it, they'll be the ones releasing it, so no... sony will not wait.

playstation updates tend to occur on tuesday, regarding the PS store, atleast.

...do you know how big the console fanbase is?

do you KNOW 95% of those people?

cause you are officially the most popular person in existence if you personally know and are friends with so many millions of people.

i don't have any of those items in my game, just to be clear... nor do i know anyone who does.

i HIGHLY doubt anywhere near that many people are using those items, it's a ridiculous estimate without any foundation to support it.

hundreds, thousands, maybe... but MILLIONS? the entire community?

not likely.

This made me chuckle.

I'd love to point out some holes in the hacked item arguments but I'm fairly sure the mods politly asked everyone to stop the discusion.

I would, however, like to say that as someone who doesnt play terraria online, I do not have any hacked items...

For those wondering about their worlds saftey....better safe then sorry. Not sure whether or not actually deleting them would help, but if not I'm kinda sorry (hacked items are the closest we'll ever get to any sort of modded items) while also kinda not. There's no way you didnt realise those vampire knives with an item amount lf 777 were hacked.

:facepalm: think I just did exactly what I said I wouldnt. Ah well, that's properly the end of my talk on this (that whole one post).

@Loki, that's mostly what I thought as well, and with a game like terraria I'd assume the priority would be on consistecy rather then a potential max.

Can’t wait for this thing. Also, will you be updating the XB1 leaderboards to include all bosses, besides the mechanical bosses? I’m in the top 25, and I need to get higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom