Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is in-game accomplishments.
Thanks, good to know.

I had another question myself, regarding pillars:

I'm building a basic arena world for the celestial event (cultist, pillars & moon lord), and I was hoping you could tell me where, on a SMALL console world, where (in metres east/west) the pillars will spawn (there are no solid blocks or walls getting in the way).

Thanks.

Im sure this isn't the best place to ask this question. But will we be able to place things on teleports with this new code base for 1.3. I would like to do floating items.

I don't understand why you guys are adding all of the new content but not adding new trophies. For trophy hunters like myself this is a big let-down. I've gotten all of the achievements on Steam, PS3 and PS4. The trophies will not make any sense now, as there are new events and bosses. I hope this is reconsidered in the future.

I don't understand why you guys are adding all of the new content but not adding new trophies. For trophy hunters like myself this is a big let-down. I've gotten all of the achievements on Steam, PS3 and PS4. The trophies will not make any sense now, as there are new events and bosses. I hope this is reconsidered in the future.
It sounds like they don't get to add trophies/achievements to the game, I think it's Sony/Microsoft or something.

It sounds like they don't get to add trophies/achievements to the game, I think it's Sony/Microsoft or something.

Microsoft allows you to add new achievements with updates (or even without if your game is prepared to handle them), but Sony doesn't allow extra trophies.

still doesnt answer the problem of current trophies will be unobtainable once 1.3 hits. you definitely can change at least the trophy requirements. there won't be pets anymore so no farming reskins to get the pets trophy. what happens to it though?

Hm, not sure... what if people already unlocked the trophy and obtained the (automatically awarded) platinum?

The least they could do is auto-unlock those trophies that cannot be obtained anymore. Might even be a requirement as I'm sure trophies should be unlockable if they exist. Then again, I remember another requirement is that it is prohibited to unlock trophies for extremely simple tasks.

Hm, not sure... what if people already unlocked the trophy and obtained the (automatically awarded) platinum?

The least they could do is auto-unlock those trophies that cannot be obtained anymore. Might even be a requirement as I'm sure trophies should be unlockable if they exist. Then again, I remember another requirement is that it is prohibited to unlock trophies for extremely simple tasks.
I still think you should unlock all trophies before 1.3:naughty:
That's what I'm doing anyways.

Trophies/achievements are really tricky since they have strict requirements on what you can and can't do. We felt that the in-game accomplishments were a good middle-ground solution.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!! *woo!*
I can't believe it!!! It's ACTUALLY ALMOST HERE!!! YES!!!
Like if you've been waiting for a long time, but are grateful for pipeworks and 505 games and those guys, working their butts off for us!!!! =D

Attachments

13.8 KB · Views: 168
I actually raised the exact same point last year, and they pointed out that those games load just what's around the corner. If you cast your mind back to GTA 3 on the PS2, you'll remember that if you went to fast the background would fade out for a second because it couldn't load the next background in time.
It has something to do with the lack of ram but I have no clue how to explain it. If you go digging in the cut off thread you should have a valid answer.

I started playing terraria when 1.2 came out for the 360 and I don't remember it being as broken as like skate 3 for an example.
Honestly Skate 3's bugs made the game more entertaining most of the time. I doubt that would apply here.

Microsoft allows you to add new achievements with updates (or even without if your game is prepared to handle them), but Sony doesn't allow extra trophies.
Not true. Just look at the trophy list for Rocket League. I'm not sure what the rules are that Pipeworks and ReLogic didn't want to deal with. Your statement that it can't be done is false though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom