Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. I summoned the Martian Maddness event and I see the ufos in the background I am at spawn in my base and they are not coming what should I do please help!

This is awful. It just froze because too much was happening on screen. What the hell were all those months spent testing actually testing?
where is the touchpad pinch to zoom on ps4 it is missing and the old menus on the ps4 worked was better the pc menus now
The whole control setup is a joke now. You have to open your inventory and physically move the item you want to use to the top bar before you can use it. D-pad binding is also gone.

So, the day is finally here! You have Console Terraria 1.3 in your hands at last - so as you dig ever deeper into the tons of new content and features, come back here and let us know what you think.

Do not report Bugs here - those should be reported via the Official Bug Reporting Form > CLICK HERE FOR THAT

This thread is for more subjective feedback about how you feel about the changes and content. Keep in mind a few things while doing so:
  • As the 1.3 content itself is well ingrained into the game at this point, changes to that functionality are less likely (and keep in mind that 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 will evolve it once those come)
  • There are some definite changes to the way Console operates as well as the UI, etc. Feedback on that is welcome.
  • Keep it constructive. Please leave any personal attacks and the like at home. :)
  • Keep it focused. Make it easier for the dev teams to read and understand the feedback being given. Posts that stray too far from this may be removed and/or action taken.

index.php

That said, we are all interested to hear what you think!
Is it on Xbox 1

Why has the control system from before been completely ruined? You used to be able to click R1 and it would auto-equip everything. Why can't there be a "legacy control set-up"? I can't even quick-select my favourite items using the D-pad anymore. What was the thinking behind this? It's mental.

There is a "Classic Controls" setting. Start > Controls > left or right until it is selected.

looks like Console D-Pad Shortcuts are gone... (how to do the Endgame on a Controller without it...) / Also zooming was best on the PS4 touch pad - now it's as stupid as the Xbox version - pause/menu to zoom in/out.

converted worlds - laggy / new word generated - laggy the same.

it's not intended anymore to play on 50inch or smaller tv sets because crafting menu got even smaller

thanks for the golden bunny - wonder what special prefered over bunny item that was before - quite disappointed about an update I waited so long to progress on in the game.

Okay, so me and my friends have been waiting for this update forever. I’ve put hundreds of hours into Terraria on PC and on console, both ps3 and ps4. BUT. The whole control and interface change for console is a mistake. It was good the way it was, it worked for console gamers. The D-pad hotkeys are VITAL. I am really thankful you guys are putting so much effort into updating the game, but me and my fellow console Terrarians just want to give constructive feedback. Thank you.

I wish I would have deleted a all of the worlds I didn't want. The conversion is taking forever. (the progress bar has been stuck at 75% for the last 15 minutes. I am not sure if it is still doing anything or if the game froze.)

Also, very disappointed to learn of the removal of d-pad and touch pad controls.

You'd think they would have hired SOME console players who'd played Terraria before when creating the update, to test it out before forcing an entirely new, unfamiliar and inferior control system. How are you meant to quick-select between two of more weapons now? Are we meant to plat using a keyboard and mouse?
[doublepost=1513284883,1513284808][/doublepost]How do you cancel buffs/minions?

I regret downloading this patch. I miss the old zoom feature from the touch pad. It makes the game more clunky to play for some reason. Plus the new menu is too small for my eyes and I can barely see what I select. The D-Pad shortcuts being gone for items is a big no for me, although I like the Auto-Health and Auto-Mana options... I honestly don't know how I feel about this update. Mostly negative so far.

I regret downloading this patch. I miss the old zoom feature from the touch pad. It makes the game more clunky to play for some reason. Plus the new menu is too small for my eyes and I can barely see what I select. The D-Pad shortcuts being gone for items is a big no for me, although I like the Auto-Health and Auto-Mana options... I honestly don't know how I feel about this update. Mostly negative so far.
Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom i have been told thanks to who did btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom