PS4 PS4 1.3 updaters Beware

AzzenWazHere

Terrarian
Played terraria for 2 year now. When i say i literally had every item, i had all Armor, and weapons and items for 1.24 i literally had everything. From collecting every type of block to having all biome weapons and even a nymph banner Excited for 1.3 i updated in excitement to collect the rest of the weapons items and armor fomr this update to complete my collection. To my bittersweet time i selected my character and then my main world with all my valuables was gone.... My 1900 hours of work gone. This was like my wife asking me for a divorce after all the time effort and memories i put into her. Very disappointed, please help if possible... Very desperate...

Played terraria for 2 year now. When i say i literally had every item, i had all Armor, and weapons and items for 1.24 i literally had everything. From collecting every type of block to having all biome weapons and even a nymph banner Excited for 1.3 i updated in excitement to collect the rest of the weapons items and armor fomr this update to complete my collection. To my bittersweet time i selected my character and then my main world with all my valuables was gone.... My 1900 hours of work gone. This was like my wife asking me for a divorce after all the time effort and memories i put into her. Very disappointed, please help if possible... Very desperate...
Pipeworks has said that they are looking to isolated issues with world conversion. Make sure that you send through a detailed report here, and give as much info as possible: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Sorry to hear that man :( Sounds like the world & character conversion wasn't written in a very error prone way... they should at least've created backups of the worlds during this process, instead of asking users to do this manually... Or if this wasn't possible due to space, display some disclaimer/warning before destroying your precious data.

"This is not expected to delete your old saves, its merely a rewrite of the game's code, so your progress should be safe!"
-The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

I had the same unfortunate thing happen to all but two of my worlds. All my Ocram loot and previously Console exclusive items that were to be exchanged for the new stuff is all gone. This is a mildly distressing problem, seeing as I have been playing the game over the last 3-4 weeks scrambling to collect as much of the console exclusive content that would have become the promised goods. This is probably going to happen to quite a few more people... and from a technical standpoint it seemed like a near impossible promise (that all your save data would be guaranteed to be safe).

I would like to take a short time, and list possibilities for this error. with hopes that this bug can be fixed before anymore fall victim to this world killing bug.

• My PS4 system is the standard PS4 (not a PS4 pro) gold edition that Sony sold for a limited time this past spring. My HD has over 100GB of free space, so this is probably not to blame for the missing data.
  • To my recollection, all of the worlds deleted, (in my case which was only 5 out of 7 worlds)
  • 4 of them had open and closed parentheses, and one had plain text. Both of the remaining worlds "temp" and "temp ii" survived. (unlikely the problem)
  • I know that only one of the worlds that were deleted was ebstone corruption and the other four were Crimson. (unlikely cause) But of the two remaining worlds, neither not Crimson.
  • Neither of the two un-deleted worlds were in hardmode, the Wall of Flesh had not been killed yet in both.
  • EDIT: I had all of the trophies except (Platinum, All Armors, Hollow and Corrupt worlds. Not all trophies were earned on the PS4 version, but spread across the PS3 and PSVita versions of the game. I only recently purchased the PS4 version on the PSN sale a few weeks back, and did not transfer any characters or worlds from the other versions.)

To clearly state, my two characters are both 100% fine, this problem is only with my world data. (but I'm guessing that depending on the problem, some characters could also be deleted.) I have not gotten around to checking the safe, but the piggy bank is just how I left it. (So disable your internet and place your console exclusive items in your banks to keep them safe when you download the update and transfer data to 1.3 Maybe??)

Hopefully with inputs from others who suffered from this problem, we can help the devs narrow down where the problem is occurring.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man :( Sounds like the world & character conversion wasn't written in a very error prone way... they should at least've created backups of the worlds during this process, instead of asking users to do this manually... Or if this wasn't possible due to space, display some disclaimer/warning before destroying your precious data.
exactly man... I was not expecting this update for today if so i would have back up my data... But it automatically updated and i got screwed

Legacy Save Conversion: We're aware of a bug that is preventing you from converting your saves. Please note that even after conversion we create a untouched backup of your worlds. DON'T delete your worlds. As soon as we have a fix implemented we'll let you know. Thanks!

Legacy Save Conversion: We're aware of a bug that is preventing you from converting your saves. Please note that even after conversion we create a untouched backup of your worlds. DON'T delete your worlds. As soon as we have a fix implemented we'll let you know. Thanks!

You have more details about this bug? What triggers it?

thankyou! I saved my 1.3 save to the psn cloud deleted the game the uploaded it again this shouldnt effect me?

I've isolated a bug possibly. Tested out my character in a legacy world, regular converted and also a fresh world and the left stick is acting like its the right one. Oddly if I make a new character everything works fine. Already tried control scheme changes in world and at main menu. I've submitted it but thought it was the world but it seems to be a legacy character glitch. Also I'm trying to isolate a popup with the gameepad menu info when I hit a Lot of buttons at once. That's happened twice now.

Update : not sure what I did but got the grappling hook working then everything else worked... Not sure why.

Is there any chance this will help my situation? I backed up my data to a USB and initialized my PS4. Apparently that data is profile-specific, so we ended up losing the data from 2 other profiles. But I'm guessing we're SOL in this case?

Update: husband tried to import the data from USB before he recreated the profiles for me and our son. So of course it wouldn't import the data for our profiles. Unfortunately it did NOT save the data from our son's profile - maybe something to do with the age restrictions on it? I don't know.

Last edited:
So our current theory is that this issue is related to our things are being written when worlds are being converted. How many times have you attempted this? Our theory is that on the 5th time it'll work. Can I get a few people from the community to confirm? This information would be super helpful. Thanks!

If you're still encountering this issue please try the following: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

Thanks for the reports everyone. We're taking a look at this.
If you're still encountering this issue please try the following: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

Sadly I did not see any of my previous worlds restored. I copied the system file to the USB and deleted it. started up the game and no visible change occoured. I susspect that because I deleted the two mostly useless temp worlds, that the backup was overrided. i decided to play on a freash new world, and made a new one too.

my PSN username is Macro_Gamer in case that helps.

Sadly I did not see any of my previous worlds restored. I copied the system file to the USB and deleted it. started up the game and no visible change occoured. I susspect that because I deleted the two mostly useless temp worlds, that the backup was overrided. i decided to play on a freash new world, and made a new one too.

my PSN username is Macro_Gamer in case that helps.

Did you delete the version you copied to the USB? You want to copy the SYSTEM file to a USB Drive or Cloud Storage, and the delete the system file you copied from which is located in the System Storage (not the one you made on the USB Drive/Cloud)

Did you delete the version you copied to the USB? You want to copy the SYSTEM file to a USB Drive or Cloud Storage, and the delete the system file you copied from which is located in the System Storage (not the one you made on the USB Drive/Cloud)

I followed the instructions, (sorry for my late night babble typed from my PSvita)
First turning on my PS4, and logging into my user account.
Once I selected the settings menu on the top bar to the right. then entered the sub folder for data management. ( a much better data management system then on the Vita by a million miles.) Quickly located Terraria in the Saved Data on Syetem menu selected copy to USB, and selected and copied only the SYSTEM (misc) file.
Once the file was copied, I selected the option to delete the SYSTEM (misc) file from my PS4 Hard Drive.
After that I exited the system menu, and immediately opened the application to start Terraria back up.
Once the game started, the new colorful banner popped up, then the 505 Games logo, then the Pipeworks logo. (as intended)
The next thing that happened is the menu background loading screen appeared and a "Loading xx%" is displayed on screen. once the xx slowly climbed to 100, the normal main menu appears and I selected one of the two characters, to get to the World select menu. At this point only 1 world shows up on the menu as an option, the new world that I created yesterday.

This morning, I repeated the above steps, just in case I missed something, (only skipping the copy to USB step) and I can confirm that the results are still the same.

I found another probbaly unrelated bug. When using the "classic" Control scheme, Using the "X" button to pick up and place things is normal.

This bug erases whatever item placed in the 5 "hot bar" slot if counting from left to right, and can regularly be repeatedly be used to vanish whatever is placed there. This bug destroys the item with out using the "Square" Trash can feature, as once it occurs, the whatever is placed there is gone for good.

(for worst results, just take any item and press "X" a few times in a row (6-7) and poof it will vanish. )

I will be messing around with a new character and world, and attempt to get a repeat of this bug. And test other inventory slots too.

I found an error. My 1.3 works fine, but my sister has it bad. Whenever her worlds need to be converted, an error report pops up 100% of the time. Her character are converted but the game goes no further. Please help in any way...

I found an error. My 1.3 works fine, but my sister has it bad. Whenever her worlds need to be converted, an error report pops up 100% of the time. Her character are converted but the game goes no further. Please help in any way...

It might be helpful for the developers, if you can figure out any possible differences between your working 1.3, and your sister's problematic game.
Are you using the same Ps4? (If you are, this could help immensely and help narrow down the problem, if you are not, please specify what system and type is working and what system and type is not.)

Please note, I am not with anyone who works on this game, however I am a member of my local programmers club (not to be taken as an advertisement), So I have sympathy for the devs is hunting down the bugs and errors with little to no information.

Giant_Gamer said:
(for worst results, just take any item and press "X" a few times in a row (6-7) and poof it will vanish. )

So after some testing with a new character and a new world, I only managed to duplicate the bug twice in 45 minutes. It appears that the crafting table is possibly to blame for this bug. For best results in replicating the bug, use a living loom, next to a wooden crafting table, with a piggy bank on it, and try to spam the "X" button in your menu to pick up and drop the items in your inventory.
Seems to be most effective right after crafting an item, use L1 to go directly to the crafting menu, then use L1 to cycle back to the inventory, main bar. Place the item in an empty slot, then pick it back up with the "X" button, and swap it with anything else in the main bar. the item that would be placed could disappear.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom