Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

After I deleted my map data I decided to close the game and go to delete all my characters except the one I use. Tried again and it worked. One of the characters I had was imported from the ps3 version so that might have been the problem but I can't tell for sure. Oh and yes I did upload all my save data before deleating it. I decided to redownload my main map and it let me into the game but now it seems to be stuck just loading into the world.

After I deleted my map data I decided to close the game and go to delete all my characters except the one I use. Tried again and it worked. One of the characters I had was imported from the ps3 version so that might have been the problem but I can't tell for sure. Oh and yes I did upload all my save data before deleating it. I decided to redownload my main map and it let me into the game but now it seems to be stuck just loading into the world.

No need to delete any world or character data, just the SYSTEM file. Just make sure you have a copy that's not located in the System Storage. Is there any loading progress, a unresponsive screen?

Just want to say thank you. thank you for ruining a game I've had for 3 days. wtf. could you have made it any worse?
should be an option to play the old version and this garbage you :red:in dumped on us. you took away character zoom. you couldn't have made the inventory any more garbage. the screen is even smaller wtf is wrong with you. you :red:in bastards.
Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom and when in the inventory screen switch menu till you get to the equipment highlighted the left stick to the left then x to check and assign housing

560px-Dragon_Mask_-Console-_Adamantite_Helmet.png

please add these menus as an option back to this made the console version better then the pc version. if I wanted the pc version style menus and controls I would play that version. i have been told to Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom
This. Please.

Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom and when in the inventory screen switch menu till you get to the equipment highlighted the left stick to the left then x to check and assign housing

that is helpful and i appreciate you bogging through my pised off mood. just sucks when you go to relax and you get this bs. doesn't help me much on how they ruined the map though. spent hours already treading through forums trying to revert to old update. and the new inventory hurts my face its so hard to look at

Just want to say thank you. thank you for ruining a game I've had for 3 days. wtf. could you have made it any worse?
should be an option to play the old version and this garbage you :red:in dumped on us. you took away character zoom. you couldn't have made the inventory any more garbage. the screen is even smaller wtf is wrong with you. you :red:in bastards.

Map is really bad. not being able to assign npc's. just go back to old version

should i just get refund for game and never buy a game made by you guys again?

If you have opinions on how things are implemented, then you can just explain what you like or dislike about it. If you run into any bugs, then you can report them using the link.

What you can't do is lash out at people like you have been doing. Keep your criticism constructive or don't give any at all.

that is helpful and i appreciate you bogging through my pised off mood. just sucks when you go to relax and you get this bs. doesn't help me much on how they ruined the map though. spent hours already treading through forums trying to revert to old update. and the new inventory hurts my face its so hard to look at
I might be liking the new menus a lot more after playing for a few hours, now just need a UI scaling option now

If you have opinions on how things are implemented, then you can just explain what you like or dislike about it. If you run into any bugs, then you can report them using the link.

What you can't do is lash out at people like you have been doing. Keep your criticism constructive or don't give any at all.

is there better place to tell ppl to not buy your game?

is there better place to tell ppl to not buy your game?
you probably need to give the changes more time. if this made the game actually unplayable then yes tell someone not to buy it, but so far I can play just like before just with a tiny UI once I found out how to do everything like I could before the update. I'm having not much of any issues playing it now other than my main character is a stone statue. It's still the same great game as before maybe in most ways better. I'm just playing in the new hard mode and I keep dying before I can get and better weapons and gear.

Last edited:
The worst part to me is the fact that you can't see things you can craft anymore if you don't have the items for it in your inventory. I can't remember every single crafting recipe and I don't have the kind of time to look them up online when I want to craft something. So for me this update has made the game unplayable. The removable of the TouchPad zoom I can deal with. But there needs to be an option for the old menus. I was very excited for the new content so this is very disappointing.

The worst part to me is the fact that you can't see things you can craft anymore if you don't have the items for it in your inventory. I can't remember every single crafting recipe and I don't have the kind of time to look them up online when I want to craft something. So for me this update has made the game unplayable. The removable of the TouchPad zoom I can deal with. But there needs to be an option for the old menus. I was very excited for the new content so this is very disappointing.
you couldn't before unless you talked to the guide or after you already made if I remembered or had the right items in your inventory.

So I open it and it goes automatically 50% into world conversion and it goes laggy and freezes for a bit and crashes, I keep retrying but it still doesn't work. Is there something I can do:sigh::sigh:I just wanna play the new update

So I open it and it goes automatically 50% into world conversion and it goes laggy and freezes for a bit and crashes, I keep retrying but it still doesn't work. Is there something I can do;( I just wanna play the new update

Try this: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

After being able to play for about an hour and after having to fix and rebind my controls. The only problem I have with the game is the fact that all the text flashes at all times. Other than that I love every change. I can see why people say the screens are to small and that they need to be fixed but I disagree for the most part. It would be nice to make them bigger but I can get used to the way they are, it's just the flashing text that makes it next to impossible to read anything.

This update has been very overwhelming to me and it feels like a total overhaul of the game. I like being able to start up my game and know what I'm doing after I've been playing so much.
Here's a few things that make it unplayable for me till I wrap my head around the changes:
-Can't zoom in/out on the play screen, too far away
-Can't set to my original controls(that's the most frustrating)
-Game doesn't pause on any screen now, even what I would assume what would be called the pause screen
-Mini map no longer uncovers a square around you, only tunnels are visible now, making it hard to even think about looking for chests/ore
-Descriptions of items being over the other items in your bag make it very difficult to read and see what's underneath
-Takes about 3-5 times longer starting up game/selecting character/creating or choosing world
I'm really hoping the new content will outweigh these changes... So far I feel like I've lost, not gained
Edit: Sorry I didn't realize how long that was and I hope I didn't sound too negative

Last edited:
So now the entire game is freezing up everytime something kills me regardless of what kills me (and this wasn t happening after I first downloaded the update) at first it was just the moonlord but now if anything kills me the game freezes entirely and I have to restart it, which is frustrating because the game now takes twice as long to load up =/ I'm restarting and waiting through loading pages more then I'm actually playing the game atm lol...
[doublepost=1513320446,1513320321][/doublepost]I did notice that bases that i had submerged in lava aren't so laggy anymore tho... So some good with the bad ^~

So now the entire game is freezing up everytime something kills me regardless of what kills me (and this wasn t happening after I first downloaded the update) at first it was just the moonlord but now if anything kills me the game freezes entirely and I have to restart it, which is frustrating because the game now takes twice as long to load up =/ I'm restarting and waiting through loading pages more then I'm actually playing the game atm lol...
[doublepost=1513320446,1513320321][/doublepost]I did notice that bases that i had submerged in lava aren't so laggy anymore tho... So some good with the bad ^~
Did you report the bug?

Overall, I think the update is good so far. My largest gripes are with the new UI and controls.

- "Redigit's Pick" is fine, but it should not be selected automatically.

- When editing your custom controls, it's difficult to see what exactly is selected. Going all of the way down should not restart you at the top.

- Touchpad zoom functions should be re-implemented. I have no idea why they were taken away.

- Text boxes and bubbles have too low of an opacity. It can be difficult to read what exactly the NPC is saying.

- Crafting is insanely awkward now. Pressing X should just put it in the inventory, there's no need for "quick crafting" or crafting the item without placing it into the inventory. The inventory, crafting menu, and armor column should all be separate anyways, like how it was before. It was more clear and easier to navigate.

- The default zoom shouldn't be so far away from the player either. Even on a good-sized TV, I found it hard to make out what was what from a few yards away.

- The health bar, mana bar, etc need to be enlarged as well. Those too are hard to see from even medium distances.

- When creating a character, holding down a direction on the D-Pad should keep the slider moving, not bump it up a pixel with every press.

- Item binding should be reintroduced. It worked so well and snappy, as well as offered a lot more freedom.

- Auto-select is stupid and should be removed completely. It does nothing advantagous.

Generally, it just feels like a straight port from PC. While I'm sure this is good for coding and stuff, it doesn't feel optimized for consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom