Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how many things there are to craft? I don't have the time to sit down and memorize everything when it was conveniently listed for me before. And I don't see how it has anything to do with experimenting, because you still didn't know the recipes until you discovered them. That was the experimenting/exploring part of it. I feel as if my character should "remember" things that he crafted before, not me.

You dont need to memorize all crafting recipes.Just remember maybe one or two materials, drag one of them to the guide and he will show the other items needed.

Simple as that, I know it work best and easily on PC.But everything change, stay complaining is just childish

I will try but never know when it’s going to happen! I was moving some items out of a previous map, to a brand new map (normal mode, large world). I went to move boreal wood to one of my top slots and it vanished before my eyes as I was moving it in my inventory. I thought I accidentally threw it but it was gone. Same exact thing when I moved a keg, fire pit, and a few other basic materials. No link between each occurrence other than it’s when I’m shuffling things around in my inventory - specially moving items into the top row.

Right on. Anything could help.

This and the "stuttering"/short freeze thing are what I'm trying to help them track down now, since they seem to have a whole data collection thing going on the save conversions and a couple others. Best I can do is make sure the right info gets to the right places.

We are seeing the little freezes in game here as well. Both single player or multiplayer split screen. - I can be running, fighting or just building and it will happen without warning

Seeing it a lot in blizzard or rainy days.

We are seeing the little freezes in game here as well. Both single player or multiplayer split screen. - I can be running, fighting or just building and it will happen without warning

How frequently? Is there a pattern or is it random?

You mentioned blizzards and rain - is it more frequent those days?

What about around water - both stationary and moving? Small bodies of water vs large?

(I am totally just tossing out theories here)

I sent in a bug report myself but I can tell you this, too. When I built a hellevator down to the Underworld, I dragged a body of water down with me which caused huge lag spikes the likes of which I haven't experienced since Skyrim PS3. It would take like 10 seconds for obsidian to form, always accompanied by a large lag spike where the huge body of water would move like one giant blob.

1st off I just wanna say THANK YOU for finally releasing 1.3 content for us I've been patiently waiting.

Now after playing the newest patch, I've read every post in this feedback thread and could agree with the UI, and text problems. Crafting and navigating the menus took a bit to get used to but nothing big. Controls was a HUGE pain to figure out but I used the custom button layout and read every option and it all sorted out. World converting and generating a new large world took a bit to long, but at least it all finished and I'm playing. I still don't understand why my old character was a stone, unable to do anything for like 4 minutes when I loaded into a new world, but whatever I'm playing now and it hasn't done it again.

I'm surprised more people didn't bring up my #1 gripe which I only seen 1 person bring up and it was just as a suggestion.

suggestion: the ability to bind two buttons for the same action like X/A and L3/Left Stick for jump (I'd absolutely love this)

I miss my L3 / X buttons for jump. Being able to glide/fly with L3 while using your right stick to aim was a huge thing during events, bosses, and grapple flying. Now it's pick jump to be one or the other, which really blows.

This was solely the reason why I created a account to post here. After all the other things for me are nothing cause they either didn't effect my game play or I know they well get looked at and fixed.

All in all I still love the game and it's great to continue on with the new content, Great Job!

Last edited:
So I'm fine with the new controls and other stuff, but crafting is soooo much harder than it was before,:confused::confused: is there something to make it bigger? or if there isn't can they implement the old crafting interface?
[doublepost=1513373303,1513373185][/doublepost]
So I'm fine with the new controls and other stuff, but crafting is soooo much harder than it was before,:confused::confused: is there something to make it bigger? or if there isn't can they implement the old crafting interface?
Also I wonder how long it would take for the wiki to update after this

So now the entire game is freezing up everytime something kills me regardless of what kills me (and this wasn t happening after I first downloaded the update) at first it was just the moonlord but now if anything kills me the game freezes entirely and I have to restart it, which is frustrating because the game now takes twice as long to load up =/ I'm restarting and waiting through loading pages more then I'm actually playing the game atm lol...
[doublepost=1513320446,1513320321][/doublepost]I did notice that bases that i had submerged in lava aren't so laggy anymore tho... So some good with the bad ^~

What gear are you using?

Any more details and such on those stutters/freezes - to help them find a pattern - would be great. Certainly never saw that in prelaunch testing (or this never would have gone out). How frequent would you say they are? Are some reproduceable or are they seemingly at random?

Loki, I tried to send my save files but Wetransfer said the [email protected] address didn't work.

The only feedback I can give is the idea to add completely customisable controls on a console, specifically the PS4, is an awful idea. There aren't enough buttons for all the controls. (That and why did you take away our ability to use the touchpad to zoom in and out? Again, WE HAVE LIMITED BUTTONS)

I like the new content, but I miss the L3 and x alternate jump scheme(I feel like i'm the only one). Also I find the new crafting/inventory ui tedious, but I'll get used to it.

How frequently? Is there a pattern or is it random?

You mentioned blizzards and rain - is it more frequent those days?

What about around water - both stationary and moving? Small bodies of water vs large?

(I am totally just tossing out theories here)

Definitely happens more frequently in multiplayer splitscreen, but I see it in single player as well.
And yes definitely an issue in the blizzard or rainy days. My spawn point is on the edge of a snow biome with a very large body of water on one side. I have these freezes if trying to build in rain or blizzard, or trying to run between the two biomes. I think I’m seeing it a lot because I’m trying to rebuild a base between the two biomes and am expericing both weather patterns a lot

Aren't we meant to be able to pass through bubble blocks? I've placed them and they're solid, have I done something wrong?

Discovered this issue last night (and reported it via the bug form), but thought I'd post here in case it helps anyone...

If you are trying to create a new character and use the same name as an existing character, the new character will not get created. You will just be taken to the character list and the new character will not be shown.

You have to use a different/unique name for new characters.

[doublepost=1513380003,1513379407][/doublepost]
Yes. I have a fireplace disappear. I thought it was just me being senile.
I had a solidifier disappear when I put it in a chest. Not a huge loss, but I'm afraid to put anything important in storage now.
[doublepost=1513380518][/doublepost]
So are cloud saves gone except for PS+ players? I would really appreciate being able to back up worlds during this fresh release.
It's not just standard accounts. I have PS+, and the option to upload characters & worlds to the cloud is gone, which means no more cross-save with the Vita (which was a feature I used ALL the time, and the main reason I bought the console & Vita versions).

It's not just standard accounts. I have PS+, and the option to upload characters & worlds to the cloud is gone, which means no more cross-save with the Vita (which was a feature I used ALL the time, and the main reason I bought the console/Vita versions).
Well, the cloud save thing is something we need to get an answer for from Pipeworks.

But cross-play between the PS4 and Vita won't work any longer because the Vita isn't being updated to 1.3, as was announced well over a year ago.

The Vita's current version will still be playable and have cross-play with the PS3, as far as I'm aware.

Aren't we meant to be able to pass through bubble blocks? I've placed them and they're solid, have I done something wrong?
You are supposed to be able to. If it isn't working, please report it. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Where is build mode? I can't find it anywhere in the options.
I'm sure he means the small placement grid that appears when you place blocks/items. It's not like a creative mode, which doesn't exist as yet in any version of the game.

[
Im pretty happy that this update finally came out, but there's one thing thats really annoying me about the U.I update to make it look lik Pc, and that problem is crafting. The old console crafting system was perfect. Everything was clear and more importantly, everything you know how to craft was actually displayed. With all these new additions to what I can craft with the 1.3 update, I find it ridiculous that I have no indication of what I can or cannot make. When I find newly added materials, I have no clue what they're used for.

Another big problem Im having is the new controller layout. I loved the old control scheme, and the quick select on the d-pad made life so much easier. As much as im trying to really enjoy the update, these problems stick out like a sore thumb while Im playing. I hope that thesr changes are reverted back to what they once were, or at the very least we are given an option to change them back. Thanks.​
I can see where you're coming from
This may sound odd, but that's actually the intended experience: you are supposed to give newly discovered materials to the Guide, and he will tell you what they're used for; crafting, just like spelunking, is a matter of exploring. You were never supposed to have all recipes readily available in the first place.
I get where you are coming from, but the new system still doesnt stick the right way with me. I dont have a problem with using the Guide for help, but overall i think this change just kills the convience of crafting. When i find an unknown material, i dont want to have to go all the way back home to find out what its used for.

A more prominent problem i have is that the recipes of items that I have crafted multiple times before dont just appear for my convience in the crafting menu. I cant always remember how to craft the more complicated end game items, and having to check the wiki constantly can be extremely tedious.

In my opinion, this change is a good example of how more challenging doesn't always equate to more enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom