Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me by telling me how to remove buff or view them,I cant seem to find it.

Also,I think pw should check into this as I have no idea what I did.or is them trying to fix the game

Attachments

• IMG20171218023822.jpg
    IMG20171218023822.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 159
Can't tear myself away from this forum! I keep trying to imagine the playtesters and this down-date of a PC Port. (Speaking real now)

Can we get them involved in the forum?

I'll officially volunteer for the next round when you need a play tester for the actual update.

Has anyone tried the Yo-Yo yet? Did anyone else feel like you needed an additional finger to fly and use the weapon?

Here are some things that I don’t enjoy:
  • I can only view things I can craft currently, not with any other items I’ve picked up or seen
  • The game doesn’t take up the full screen size, for some reason
  • I can’t zoom in and out on my character
  • All of the different menus on one screen is not a good idea
Honestly, I’m kinda bummed out. I was looking forward to murdering all the peeps but I just... Everything feels awkward.

That's what I figured but I keep getting told that PW has a cloud backup of everything

No, they do not have a cloud backup of your personal files. That is both impossible and would be really invasive and creepy.

The game also freezes for me when this alien kills me . I just got messed up by a space worm ;.; ... All i wants is to make more Celestial Sigils mr. Space worm.. That's all I wants..

Hard to see what all gear you have and have deployed. Trying to track down that angle on "death crashes" - so if people can share their gear setups AND then if you want to help experiment, tweak around with them to see if anything triggers or ceases it.

Blocks, furniture, chests, etc missing. Cant move. Bye bye main world. This plus the world that totally poofed after update that i was moving stuff into from my main world are gone or unplayable now.

Do they come back if you reload? I have already sent your image and the issue that @novitsu mentioned directly to the team. You may want to connect with @ClearConscious and see if they can get your save.

Well, obviously something went wrong during the testing, because the new UI is simply inferior to the old one, not necessarily from a design perspective, but from an execution perspective.
Listen to the community. Not a SINGLE person who posted here praised the new UI. And it's not just an issue of preference, you can't get used to not being able to read what's on the screen.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis. That is precisely what I've said we are doing - at least 3-4 times now. ;) All I have said is "the old one isn't just 'coming back'" - and I have a well-documented list of the specific UI complaints that have been repeatedly raised in this thread for just that purpose - sitting down with the team to discuss ways to tweak and improve that execution to help those that do not care for it to have an easier/better time. That list pretty much aligns to what you wrote - as many others have made the exact same points starting back on page one. As I noted before, consider it noted down and a big ticket item on that "feedback discussion" to come. That said - again, repeating myself - the bugs have to come first. They just have to. Feedback tweaks after that.

Also,I think pw should check into this as I have no idea what I did.or is them trying to fix the game

Sent this up directly to the team. No idea what that is.

Actually, thanks TK, seems they already got ahead of this one.

They seem to be aware of this and will have it fixed in the upcoming patch.
https://twitter.com/GIGGLEMUFFINS8/status/942462794326306817?s=17

• The game doesn’t take up the full screen size, for some reason
  • I can’t zoom in and out on my character

Check out this ongoing FAQ for these two: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/

We get it. You don't like the testers or the job they did and feel you would be vastly superior. Noted. Moving on.

Reiterating at the end that all of the UI/Control complaints (and other, less frequently mentioned stuff) are sitting right here next to me on my second monitor - down to the details and ideas that people have stated. It is being heard - potential solutions and tweaks to be discussed once the team can sit down with the feedback list *once the initial round of major bug fixing is done*. That has to be priority one. It is a consistent list of complaints in that department, so that should at least focus the discussion.

For now, all I can offer is to work with it as best you can for the time being. I know that isn't ideal, but until any potential tweaks are in, that's all it can be. I do appreciate those that have taken the time to focus on solving those issues with their ideas - because, as darkwolf 2 noted, the focus is going to be on adjusting the execution to make it better vs. just reverting things.

I understand you guys are experiencing bugs, but imo, its not the end of the world. Hotfixes should be out soon so deal with it, if you dont want to play, dont play, ive been reading this nonsense for the longest time and its crazy. Im experiencing none of these bugs but the world duplication glitch, but am I crying? No, i just made a backup of my LEGACY world, because if you were smart, you wouldve just uploaded ur stuff to the cloud and let it be, I deleted all my world and character saves to skip world conversion and downloaded the cloud saves. Im currently using all my legacy worlds and characters and Ive already killed the Moon Lord and I have all the endgame items. The text seems fine to me and I already know how to invite players by using simple curiosity, all you have to do is explore the horrible UI a bit and find things out instead of whining like uve been for the longest time. Try it out instead of if u dont know how to do it, u whine. I like the update so far and consider it a big upgrade as I own all version of Terraria available on PC and Console.

So... most people say their items are disappearing from just walking around BUT if you hold an item and use build mode from your inventory the item you were hoding vanishes and you lose it. its almost guranteed to happen but not always
:sigh:

We get it. You don't like the testers or the job they did and feel you would be vastly superior. Noted. Moving on.

Well, to be fair I can see were he is coming from... Maybe when it was tested it was not obvious that there was any issue with the UI, but for a player that was just a moment ago using the old UI, it becomes immediately obvious that there are significant issues to be ironed out in the new UI.
I know for a fact that the testing phase is really tricky to get right. But at least now I feel more relaxed knowing that the community's complaints are being taken into consideration.
And if people are sounding a too harsh, it's because we are really passionate about the game, and want it to be the best as possible.
Good luck.

I'm not superior to anyone...was not meaning it to come off that way.

Consider that my family is so passionate about Terraria that we have played it over other games since it came out. Fought through every boss together, collected every item, built homes upon homes, played with friends and across 4 systems. Mobile, PS3, PS4, and computer. I'm even going to get the wall decals for my kids room.

My apologies for being over the top. You've made a wonderful game, and seeing this last iteration was a huge shock. More so for my kids than me.

And the testing and release phase is usually the worst and most stressful time in your existence. I'm sure it will get ironed/steamrolled out.

Does this also effectively remove the multiplayer between PS3 and PS4?

Are there future goals for cross compatibility between computer and console?

No Private multiplayer matches and no kick button... What were you thinking? Would love if those got put in the game asap and the menus after very clear i can't see anything. and the home screen is extremely slow takes forever too load it's just a big pain.

Who would win?
An entire community, hyped up waiting for a long postponed update for about five months, with millions of players
One transparent boi

Yes that is the PC. This is the PS 4 - totally different and there is no Zoom available. Sorry it took so long to post this - had to wait to get home to get the picture to post. Hope they add some kind of Zoom option soon.
View attachment 189771

Go to your pause page in-game and press L2/R2
[doublepost=1513558814,1513558543][/doublepost]
Send as much detail as possible to the bug report form. The more information you provide (what weapon you were using, what gear you had, any pets or summons, does it happen every time or just when it’s nighttime, etc), the faster Pipeworks can investigate a solution. Send your bug here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Sorry to hear that your world was overwritten. Since you sent in your bug report, hopefully all of the detailed information that you send can help Pipeworks pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately, I know of no way to get your world back besides loading it from your backup.

I did now I'm just waiting. I sent another big report form because I found out the game would freeze EVERY TIME I DIED on a legacy world with a legacy character, I tested this several time and got some ideas to solve the issue before PIPEWORKS fixes the issue permanently. :redmunch::redmunch:

New console UI is unusable, especially in splitscreen. Please bring back the old menu, it simply works better for consoles to have the large, central, unified window instead of tiny transparent squares along the edges with an unintuitive order to switching between them. I can't at all see the crafting/equipment menus and the inventory is messy with text from highlighting inventory items blocking the icons in chests below it.

Can't zoom out as far. Another downgrade over the previous version. Please bring this back, as splitscreen viewing area even on the largest view is still too close. Also incorporate the touch-pad to enable on-the-fly zooming as needing to open/close the pause menu every time is a pain

Performance is dreadful. Terrible framerate across the board, a lot of random long pauses

Worlds getting stuck on "Settling Liquids" while loading. RIP hundreds of hours of progress

Cultists won't spawn

No Private multiplayer matches and no kick button... What were you thinking? Would love if those got put in the game asap and the menus after very clear i can't see anything. and the home screen is extremely slow takes forever too load it's just a big pain.

Did not see that option removed until I read this and went back.
If we send a game invite to a specific player does that also allow others to join without invitation?

I'll host a game when the kids are in bed on a fresh map and see what happens.

Did not see that option removed until I read this and went back.
If we send a game invite to a specific player does that also allow others to join without invitation?

I'll host a game when the kids are in bed on a fresh map and see what happens.
Nope i still have random people joining when i invite my friends and have to end the game and hope to god that no one takes anything or griefs anything before it gets done saving...

Can someone help me by telling me how to remove buff or view them,I cant seem to find it.

I think when you're bring up your inventory and then press R1, it'll take you to your equipment tab, scroll to the bottom. My icons are translucent so it's kinda hard to make out what buffs I'm removing. Just press "X". Hope I helped :)
[doublepost=1513563891,1513563667][/doublepost]
Are you using the Stardust Dragon when you die, then crash? And also, was your world created before the update?

Same here. Fresh small world, Lunar event, summoned SD, Crash, Despair.

Hello all I'm new to this so this is probably gonna sound dumb but here we go...

So first off I get this message when I try to post a bug report for Terraria 1.3 on console
upload_2017-12-17_20-29-15.png

Just thought someone should know if they didn't already.

Second since I am unable to post said bug report I guess I'll do it here sorry if this is the wrong spot or something like that like I said I am new to this any ways here is my issue...

This issue is occurring on a PS4 with the 5.03 PS4 software update and The 1.07 PS4 console version of Terraria.

I am having an issue with vanishing items when transferring them back and forth between my inventory and a container. The bug doesn't happen every time but it happens enough to where its starting to become very annoying. I lost a huge stack of gold ore that I was using luckily I found a kind of half-assed work around but you end up losing any progress made. If the item in question vanishes and you had it before you loaded in your world as in it was saved from the previous time you can just close the application without saving and load it back up and it will be there (usually) be careful with this though results may vary I guess it depends on how bad you want the item back. Anyways hope this helps get the bug fixed faster good luck to those having the same issue. Thanks for your time and attention.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-17_20-28-24.png
    upload_2017-12-17_20-28-24.png
    623.3 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom