Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was super stoked about the update. Overall pretty happy with it. It does lag a little here and there but nothing serious so far. I do agree with others though that the inventory menu seems like it back slided. It it's difficult to read/see things and seems a little disorganized. Also you can no longer see all your crafting recipes you have unlocked unless you have the items in your inventory. Having the inventory menu with the solid color background and different tabs and the option to see your recipes was a lot nicer in my opinion.
[doublepost=1513664010,1513663541][/doublepost]
Not yet, soonish tho.
You can setup dpad binding in the control setup menu. It can be turned on or off.

im not sure if this is a mechanic im not understanding or not but I cant set a spawn point in a suitable house i built in the ocean biome. i thought it was a martian bed problem but i brought over my main bed and it didnt let me set the spawn point in the ocean house with my working bed either. Again, the menu says my house is suitable. Its made of martian furniture/martian walls with blue brick.

Sorry I don't se forums much at all so I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way or not but I am playing the new 1.08 version of Terraria (with some bug fixes applied). I created a new character and a new world just to get a fresh start, and I am unable to use the minecart to ride any tracks in the world nor any that I make on my own. Of course I'm only able to make a very small track since I'm just starting out (only a few hours in). Am I just doing something wrong or is this an issue? I tried searching the forum but no one seems to have reported this before so maybe it's just me. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Sorry I don't se forums much at all so I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way or not but I am playing the new 1.08 version of Terraria (with some bug fixes applied). I created a new character and a new world just to get a fresh start, and I am unable to use the minecart to ride any tracks in the world nor any that I make on my own. Of course I'm only able to make a very small track since I'm just starting out (only a few hours in). Am I just doing something wrong or is this an issue? I tried searching the forum but no one seems to have reported this before so maybe it's just me. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
You equip the cart in the menu on the right hand side and then when your standing on the track hit circle.

I'm not entirely sure if u guys sent out a hotfix because i got a notif saying a new terraria update was out, but if you did im still freezing when i get killed by the pillars and the moonlord stretch is kind of still happening(its a little stretch and half the screen is just unseeable(splitscreen).And the first time the martian probe saw me was about to fly out the game crashed, but second time it didn't haven't tried a 3rd time. But other than that most things are running smoothly

Hey Pipeworks, so far the update is great minus crash hiccups but upon reaching hard mode I notice a decent size issue, yoyos become harder to use. Enemies are much more dangerous and aiming the yoyo is clunky without proper mouse control. Will there be combat targeting for consoles since we are closer to pc?

Last edited:
I hosted a game with a freind, he came to my world. When we signed off, his worlf had been overwritten with a copy of mine, but with empty chests.

No and no.
If you're crashing when you're dying, I'd recommend sending through a bug report with as much detailed information as you can (what gear you're wearing, is the world a legacy world, what happens right before and after, everything you can think of) to Pipeworks here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The more detail the better. If you can replicate it, that would be even better, and send replication steps. Every detail is valuable in helping them track down the bug.

im not sure if this is a mechanic im not understanding or not but I cant set a spawn point in a suitable house i built in the ocean biome. i thought it was a martian bed problem but i brought over my main bed and it didnt let me set the spawn point in the ocean house with my working bed either. Again, the menu says my house is suitable. Its made of martian furniture/martian walls with blue brick.
If you have a screenshot of the house, you can make a new thread in the Console In-Game Support area and others can take a look to see if there's a solution.

I hosted a game with a freind, he came to my world. When we signed off, his worlf had been overwritten with a copy of mine, but with empty chests.
This is a known bug that is being looked into and part of the list that Pipeworks is working on first, now that the first hotfix is out. More details on what they are focusing on here: Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

I suggest making a backup to usb of all your characters and worlds before playing online multiplayer.

I suggest making a backup to usb of all your characters and worlds before playing online multiplayer.

Luckily, he did. We both backed up our save data just before the update. But his pre-1.3 stuff was overwritten too, I had to give him a load of my gear so he could catch up.

The good: The update is gorgeous and amazing new content. So far I've been lucky enough not to experience any crashes or world conversion freezes

The not so good in order of being problematic: The menu transparency, the menu mouse over text, the disappearing item problem, cursor responsiveness and speed (it is much harder to place blocks or anything else precisely where you want them, especially when under attack), the not saving Dpad bindings between games problem.

As I use minecarts to go everywhere it was very confusing to have the minecart on my hot button row but not be able to use R1 to activate it. That caused no end of frustration when I first tried the update. I eventually figured out equipping and using circle but that's super unintuitive and sometimes it seems to require me to get a cursor over the track even when in contact with it, which compounds with the cursor responsiveness.

Was there an announcement before the update saying "hey guys we are going to completely change the interface and make it like PC"? If there was I missed it. If there wasn't it's something to consider in the future because a lot of these controls complaints could have been avoided without extra costly beta testing.

Last edited:
The good: The update is gorgeous and amazing new content. So I've been lucky enough not to experience any crashes or world conversion freezes

The not so good in order of being problematic: The menu transparency, the menu mouse over text, the disappearing item problem, cursor responsiveness and speed (it is much harder to place blocks or anything else precisely where you want them, especially when under attack), the not saving Dpad bindings between games problem.

As I use minecarts to go everywhere it was very confusing to have the minecart on my hot button row but not be able to use R1 to activate it. That caused no end of frustration when I first tried the update. I eventually figured out equipping and using circle but that's super unintuitive and sometimes it seems to require me to get a cursor over the track even when in contact with it, which compounds with the cursor responsiveness.

Was there an announcement before the update saying "hey guys we are going to completely change the interface and make it like PC"? If there was I missed it. If there wasn't it's something to consider in the future because a lot of these controls complaints could have been avoided without extra costly beta testing.
Hi @jbailey, so glad you are enjoying the new update. Thanks for sharing your feedback on the items that you feel could use improvement, Pipeworks is listening to everything.

There was an announcement that went over part of the reason for the code rewrite is to get other versions more in line with the core PC version. It did not specifically state there will be changes to the interface, but does impart that the hope was to bring other versions in-line with PC's gameplay and visuals for a more unified experience. One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts. Also Pipeworks was streaming and adding YouTube videos of the new 1.3 update months beforehand and showcased the new inventory and interface many times. You can watch more here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFA3yiPGhI4oT9uAMdMYpIuqyxRdYV8AS

Hi @jbailey, Also Pipeworks was streaming and adding YouTube videos of the new 1.3 update months beforehand and showcased the new inventory and interface many times. You can watch more here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFA3yiPGhI4oT9uAMdMYpIuqyxRdYV8AS

Cheers, thanks for the links and the quick response! Fortunately all of the things I talked about can be addressed (I think) without deviating from the goal of being like PC, so looking forward to seeing future pipeworks additions!

Was thinking of how difficult it might be from PW perspective to fix the transparency UI issue. Not being sarcastic either.

Every time the menu changes there will be a occurrence of a refresh, or if/then statement referring to if other menus are open; if combat is happening; if in multiplayer; size of the screen; if autopause is active; which option (R1) or menu is selected, etc. Even when toggling through the items in the chest/inventory it will reference that item ID for display into the UI field of text.

It would be nearly a line by line recode, unless the PS4 version has the equivalent of a *.ini or *.cfg file. Even then, the players individual system file may get corrupted during the release (unless that block/section is overwritten but not the entire file).

Given a staff of 30, at capacity that is at least a day's work for 2 people (1 testing / 1 coding). The bugs would be given a priority so larger teams would be assigned and efforts focused and multiple methods attempted per bug. Even a team of 30 is at max capacity with 4-5 huge bugs.

The project manager in me came out just now. Apologies. Just expressing a little perspective for myself and others.

Thanks for the hot fix, won't be able to test it til this weekend.

Hey Pipeworks dev, so far the update is great minus crash hiccups but upon reaching hard mode I notice a decent size issue, yoyos become harder to use. Enemies are much more dangerous and aiming the yoyo is clunky without proper mouse control. Will there be combat targeting for consoles since we are closer to pc?

I hope you're not referring to me.

If I walk across the room and sit in front of the TV one metre away, sure I can also read it. However, sitting 4 metres away on my sofa, is an entirely different matter. Consoles are played from across the room, not directly in front of them, so the UI should reflect that.
No i can still see it perfectly

Has anyone been having a hell of a time finding the new statues? I've found well over 20 statues on newly generated expert worlds but so far nadda. I'm more specifically looking for the new monster ones that can be activated. I'm will to trade Moonlord weapons and new rare dyes for one if anyone comes across one on their travels

Has anyone been having a hell of a time finding the new statues? I've found well over 20 on newly generated expert worlds but so far nadda. I'm more specifically looking for the new monster ones that can be activated. I'm will to trade Moonlord weapons and new rare dyes for one if anyone comes across one on their travels

Those statues are from the 1.3.1 update on PC. They have not arrived in the current console update yet. After the current Console release receives more hotfixes and gets stablized overall, at some point hopefully not too far off, they will be able to add 1.3.1 content in the short-term future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom