Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the requirements for PlayStation Trophies been updated to reflect the addition/loss of some content? For example, there's a Trophy that existed prior to the update that is earned for getting all Armors. Have the requirements for earning the trophy been updated, so I won't have to obtain old console-exclusive armors? Have they been updated so I need the new 1.3 armors?

I can’t use the guides craft help any more and we have 2 crafting menus jammed together on the bottom left. My mana bar is spazzing and some of my items are missing (which I can’t even see if they’re on the game because the guides not working)

I have been going back and forth playing the PC version and the PS4 version for the last few days.

In the PC version when you open inventory it looks the same as PS4, but there is no need to tab around to the different sections. You can just freely move an item where it needs to go. Why can this not be the case with the PS4 version? I find the use of the tabbing to be a bit frustrating. It is also a departure from the PC version.

What is the intention of requiring tabs to get around?

I have been going back and forth playing the PC version and the PS4 version for the last few days.

In the PC version when you open inventory it looks the same as PS4, but there is no need to tab around to the different sections. You can just freely move an item where it needs to go. Why can this not be the case with the PS4 version? I find the use of the tabbing to be a bit frustrating. It is also a departure from the PC version.

What is the intention of requiring tabs to get around?

It is easier simply because of the mouse.you would have to set grids for auto highlighting the different windows, and have a cursor , maybe the touch pad too, to navigate. Using a control stick is possible too but the speed would have to be variable according to the speed and agility if the user. And then auto pause would be almost required (except in multiplayer).

These are just my opinions.

It is easier simply because of the mouse.you would have to set grids for auto highlighting the different windows, and have a cursor , maybe the touch pad too, to navigate. Using a control stick is possible too but the speed would have to be variable according to the speed and agility if the user. And then auto pause would be almost required (except in multiplayer).

These are just my opinions.

Auto pause is pretty much required anyway. Just reading what an item you just picked up is risk otherwise. I'm sure the interface is simpler and easier to read on the pc, but on the console it isn't. There are places I would be dead before I could read what I had without it.

The UI is set up for a mouse, but consoles are played without so the UI should reflect that.

We are used to changing tabs in our invo, so that shouldn't be an issue. At the moment though it sometimes isn't clear where you are in the invo at that as a real problem in a tight situation. So auto pause is much more of a necessity anyway.

Characters and worlds being deleted. Items are transparent and game crashes a lot! I was so excited to play with all the new content come to find that all I work for is gone and I really can’t play until it’s fixed which is hopefully soon pls pls pls fix. This update was a total let down...

Well, you're just making my point =) If you need to consult external help in order to maintain ordinary gameplay, then that's not good game design.
What's the problem with using the Guide? I always make sure I have the Guide (and the Tinkerer) near my crafting station. Whenever I find some new material I show it to him to see what I can craft with it.

What's the problem with using the Guide? I always make sure I have the Guide (and the Tinkerer) near my crafting station. Whenever I find some new material I show it to him to see what I can craft with it.
The tiny crafting UI (on splitscreen you can see 3 items at a time) and annoying process to use the guide (talk, go to crafting, pick up item, change menus to crafting, move over to tiny box to drop item, then scroll through unsorted aforementioned tiny menu) make using the guide in the current version more annoying than useful, much quicker and easier to use a wiki instead.

The tiny crafting UI (on splitscreen you can see 3 items at a time) and annoying process to use the guide (talk, go to crafting, pick up item, change menus to crafting, move over to tiny box to drop item, then scroll through unsorted aforementioned tiny menu) make using the guide in the current version more annoying than useful, much quicker and easier to use a wiki instead.
On pc you can open a crafting window that shows everything you can craft in a grid. Isn't that possible in the console version? (I'm on Xbox).
EDIT: 20171221111525_1.jpg This is what I mean.

Last edited:
What's the problem with using the Guide?
I was quoting him about using the wiki, not the Guide. But since so many people apparently like using the Guide and defend this gameplay element, then I have to ask you this; What's the problem with being able to see what you can craft more quickly?

And since you asked:
The problem with using the guide perhaps wouldn't be as big of a problem if they had this implemented from the start (which the apparently have in the PC version. As I've stated - I'm a beginner). But imagine you just started playing and you have this useful feature that let's you more quickly see what you can craft, so you can spend your time on actual exploring and building... and then get it yanked away from you, giving you a system which takes much longer to find what you want... Like with the example above, where I spent 10-15 minutes going through materials to try and find out how to craft glowsticks, instead of spending that time exploring, and just ending up getting frustrated and stop playing.

Also, from a "tutorial-point-of-perspective"... I'm no fan of tutorials and I like trying out things for myself (to a certain point... I'm no fan of scrolling through lists after lists), so I seldom use guides or tutorials of any kind in any game. And it wasn't until I read here on the forum that I could give the Guide materials that I knew the feature even existed. Like I said, it might've been said when I first started the game, but there were so much information and having to learn the controls that I really don't remember if the guide told me.

Oh, and the UI handling when you're trying out materials with the Guide... There are some small things that could make it better and I'm sure the developers just overlooked those things and it will be fixed later on.. For example, when I have something in my ordinary inventory and take one item, press "R2" (or perhaps "R1", don't remember right now) to switch to the Guide's "inventory" to see what I can craft... When I'm finished with one material and want to try another one, the cursor moves to the top left-most square in my inventory and not the square where the item originally was placed, meaning for every material I have to put it back in it's place manually. Like I said, a small thing, but when you have to try out 10 materials, it takes lots of unnecessary time.

It could be as simple as:
1. Talk to the Guide
2. Move the cursor over an item in your own inventory
3a. Instantly see what items you can craft from that and scroll through the list with either the right stick or the D-pad
or
3b. Press R2 to switch to the Guide's inventory and instantly see what you can craft and scroll with the left stick (in order to keep the experience more compliant with the PC version, I imagine)

All in all - I have to spend more time in menus and less time with exploring and building, which is what I really want to do. And also, like I've said, I didn't pay much for this and I'm not angry or anything. If this is how the developers want the game to function, then it isn't my type of game. I'll find another crafter, there are lots of other out there =)

On pc you can open a crafting window that shows everything you can craft in a grid. Isn't that possible in the console version? (I'm on Xbox).
EDIT:View attachment 190074 This is what I mean.
That is somewhat present, but it's way way smaller than that screenshot. You see a small fraction of the items available (maybe half or a third of what's shown in the screenshot) and have to scroll through them (and it's a super buggy menu, constantly jittering around, things disappearing and reappearing or the menu closing and changing back to the inventory)

Does it work with other beds in the same house? Does it work with other building sets?
I submitted a bug report but i didnt update the forum, it was the martian platforms. I didnt fully test it, but once I set the beds on the floor of the house instead of platforms in the house it worked...so I left it at that. I didnt try putting martian platforms in the house where beds worked on wood platforms.

Also lol at the glowstick thing, that is unfortunate but when I get stuck like that I just take a break for a day or look it up before I get frustrated.

What's the problem with being able to see what you can craft more quickly?
I don't have a problem with that. I started playing Terraria on console and have always prefered that versus pc due to the UI. It's just that I don't have a problem asking the Guide first; sometimes you have to as not all recipes are available from the start. After that it's quite convenient to have the recipe always available in the crafting menu. No need for a second trip to the Guide if you forget something.

Oh, and the UI handling when you're trying out materials with the Guide... There are some small things that could make it better and I'm sure the developers just overlooked those things and it will be fixed later on.. For example, when I have something in my ordinary inventory and take one item, press "R2" (or perhaps "R1", don't remember right now) to switch to the Guide's "inventory" to see what I can craft... When I'm finished with one material and want to try another one, the cursor moves to the top left-most square in my inventory and not the square where the item originally was placed, meaning for every material I have to put it back in it's place manually. Like I said, a small thing, but when you have to try out 10 materials, it takes lots of unnecessary time.

It could be as simple as:
1. Talk to the Guide
2. Move the cursor over an item in your own inventory
3a. Instantly see what items you can craft from that and scroll through the list with either the right stick or the D-pad
or
3b. Press R2 to switch to the Guide's inventory and instantly see what you can craft and scroll with the left stick (in order to keep the experience more compliant with the PC version, I imagine)
That's how I was hoping they had implemented the UI, but it sounds like they implemented it in a more awkward way than I thought. :(

That is somewhat present, but it's way way smaller than that screenshot. You see a small fraction of the items available (maybe half or a third of what's shown in the screenshot) and have to scroll through them (and it's a super buggy menu, constantly jittering around, things disappearing and reappearing or the menu closing and changing back to the inventory)
Hmm. That doesn't sound too nice. I'll guess I'll get to experience it myself next year.

This is stuff that I think the developers should make a note of. What do you think @Loki ?

EDIT:View attachment 190074 This is what I mean.
That little grid shows you what you have all the materials for and only shows if you’re near the required station. the guide will tell you every possible thing a material can be turned into ei: soul of flight you can see almost all the wings.

My solution to the busy background behind the inventory and crafting screens was to build a new base with my chests and crafting area 5 floors underground off to the left of the drop shaft. Solid dirt is nice and dark with no background NPCs, walls, doors, etc., which eliminates the worst of the transparency problems. Still have the small flashing text to deal with... My wife laughs at me sitting on a bar stool in front of the TV instead of my comfortable recliner across the room.

Been considering buying the PS3 version since the update will not be applied to that version - it will keep all the old attributes I love, even though it won't have the new content. It's only $15 through the Playstation Store. Don't know exactly what version it will patch to, but...

Sometimes (ok alot) I come off as ebrasive as sandpaper glued to a 2x4 slamming into someone's face from a moving vehicle with a rock tied to the back.

My main concern now is world and character security during multiplayer, and wanting assurances that random X player cannot enter what is intended as a private game between my children and I and close invited friends. I've got a present sitting under the tree so we can play Terraria, Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, and eventually ESO together. If we are having to worry about X player griefing us or destroying our world, what's the point in ever playing anything other than split screen? Will this be a future patch/update, and if yes, when?

I've asked this in another post as well.

Do I need to add imaginary nails to the board now too?
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't... one workaround while waiting for the "invite only" option to hopefully come back is to unjoin any playstation communities you're in. I believe that anyone in the same community as you can join in the games. Once you unjoin, it should be only friends that can join. Be sure to test it out first though, and I strongly suggest backing up your characters and worlds to a usb drive before playing online multiplayer.

I can’t use the guides craft help any more and we have 2 crafting menus jammed together on the bottom left. My mana bar is spazzing and some of my items are missing (which I can’t even see if they’re on the game because the guides not working)
If you haven't already, I suggest sending the details of your issues to Pipeworks with as much information and screenshots to their bug report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Firstly thank you for putting in the time to do this for consoles.

You need to be able to use the touch pad to zoom in and out like you used to be able to.

It would be nice if you could bind the touch pad to certain controls e.g. click left side to bind Mini-Map zoom in, right side to zoom out.

Maybe add a button to change other functions similar to Elite Dangerous console. For example you could hold down on the D-pad and that changes your controls to affect your map and zoom levels. So hold down and press R1, that could zoom in your view, hold R2 to zoom in your minimap, L1 and L2 to zoom out. Maybe give us the option to set this up exactly how we want it.

Thank your for all your hard work and have a lovely holiday season!

Creating a new world today from scratch with split screen.
After the testing is over, are there any recommendations on communities to join? I work 3:30-2am M-F. Maybe I'll make a new group.
Thanks for the feedback Unit One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom