Items Excalibur's Expansion: Early Hardmode Ores

So let's get to the point.
Remember Relicite, Cryonium and Ichortine / Cursed Metal?
Here they are!

Once Hardmode begins, new ores would start growing. Relicite in the Underground Desert, Cryonium in the Underground Ice and Ichortine / Cursed Metal in the corruption / crimson underground.
These would then be crafted into bars.
Relicite Bar
Crafting: 4 Relicite ore, 1 soul of might
Material
Tooltip: A relic of past times

Cryonium Bar
Crafting: 4 Cryonium ore, 1 Soul of sight
Material
Tooltip: Frozen with cryogenic energy

Ichortine / Cursed Metal bar
Crafting: 4 ichortine / cursed metal ore, 1 soul of Fright
Tooltip: drenched in legendary ichor / eternally burns with emerald flame

The bars would also have a 10% drop chance from enemies in the corresponding biome.

These would be combined into certain items, including the Boomerax. They wouldn't have individual items. These will be referenced in later chapters of Excalibur's Expansion, so stay tuned!
☮️

I just can't see 3 new ores/bars, a monumentally huge addition not seen since... well, forever, as being a worthwhile use of development time when these bars don't actually fit into progression at all and only serve to justify a few specific suggestions of yours for items that aren't even very special in terms of usage.

I just can't see 3 new ores/bars, a monumentally huge addition not seen since... well, forever, as being a worthwhile use of development time when these bars don't actually fit into progression at all and only serve to justify a few specific suggestions of yours for items that aren't even very special in terms of usage.
Ya... he's just used them as in impractical axe that would cause confusion when obtaining a possesed hatchet, and they have to be just tools because otherwise he would need something balanced pre and post mech

Ya... he's just used them as in impractical axe that would cause confusion when obtaining a possesed hatchet, and they have to be just tools because otherwise he would need something balanced pre and post mech
Stop comparing it with a possessed hatchet.
They will be used more and more over time, and even if you don't like desert or ice ores, a hardmode corruption / crimson ore has been suggested a lot.

Stop comparing it with a possessed hatchet.
They will be used more and more over time, and even if you don't like desert or ice ores, a hardmode corruption / crimson ore has been suggested a lot.
Suggesting something a lot doesn't make it good. And what would be "used more and more"?

Suggesting something a lot doesn't make it good. And what would be "used more and more"?
I mean it would be referenced in separate Excalibur's Expansion threads as they came out.
[doublepost=1513884430,1513884297][/doublepost]
What would you break the ore with?
Oh, forgot that. Molten Pickaxe + but would be useless without Souls. Enemies wouldn't drop bars until their corresponding Mech has been defeated.

Last edited:
Also, what do you think of more mech soul weapons? The Megashark, Flamethrower and Optic Staff are cool, but some Melee and Magic weapons could be cool.
[doublepost=1513885052,1513884996][/doublepost]
I don't see an axe as core progression, but we'll see.
This isn't the axe thread. I meant most of EE.

Also, what do you think of more mech soul weapons? The Megashark, Flamethrower and Optic Staff are cool, but some Melee and Magic weapons could be cool.
[doublepost=1513885052,1513884996][/doublepost]
This isn't the axe thread. I meant most of EE.
The harp, rainbow rod, and light discs aren't melee and magic?

But all of EE is currently an axe.

Biome-specific ores are neat, but ones that start growing as soon as hardmode starts? We've already got cobalt, mythril and adamantite. Also if the bars drop from enemies that kinda defeats the purpose of having the items require mechanical boss souls.

They'd have to have their own tier and place in progression, otherwise some of the weapons they make, along with a few of the vanilla weapons, would probably end up being completely unused (cough cough cobalt everything)

Last edited:
Biome-specific ores are neat, but ones that start growing as soon as hardmode starts? We've already got cobalt, mythril and adamantite. Also if the bars drop from enemies that kinda defeats the purpose of having the items require mechanical boss souls.

They'd have to have their own tier and place in progression, otherwise some of the weapons they make, along with a few of the vanilla weapons, would probably end up being completely unused (cough cough cobalt everything)
Cool. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom