PS4 Corrupted data and worst update for a game ever.

murphyw

Terrarian
We play 2-3 player split screen on PS4. After the update you have ruined the game.

-So far I have lost multiple swords, magic mirrors, etc. This happens randomly and even when I favorite the item. They are not being dropped. I had a mirror and used it to recall. When I got home it was gone.

-My son lost one character to a corrupted file. Now when we remade the character and after a day it pops up a PS4 corrupted game even though he and I are playing split screen. So we can play for 20 seconds at a time.

-Constant lag and stutters when playing. Water doesn't flow. We die while trying to jump over lava. This is on a brand new PS4 that handled the pre-update Terraria just fine.

Seriously we have lost around a dozen weapons and have to keep farming to remake them. I can deal with this. It's the magic mirrors and two characters that my son has lost while playing that kills the game for me. This is seriously the worst update I have ever seen and Pipeworks should be ashamed for releasing it. My son has cried over 2 lost characters that he spent a decent amount of time on. Who did your QA and why did you ignore them?

We are likely quitting the game and will not be back. You lose customers when you put out a product that is this bad. These corrupted saves are just horrible and there are multiple people reporting them. How did this happen? Did you have a release date for Xmas week and it got pushed out months before it was ready?

Thanks for putting out an update that makes kids cry.

We play 2-3 player split screen on PS4. After the update you have ruined the game.

-So far I have lost multiple swords, magic mirrors, etc. This happens randomly and even when I favorite the item. They are not being dropped. I had a mirror and used it to recall. When I got home it was gone.

-My son lost one character to a corrupted file. Now when we remade the character and after a day it pops up a PS4 corrupted game even though he and I are playing split screen. So we can play for 20 seconds at a time.

-Constant lag and stutters when playing. Water doesn't flow. We die while trying to jump over lava. This is on a brand new PS4 that handled the pre-update Terraria just fine.

Seriously we have lost around a dozen weapons and have to keep farming to remake them. I can deal with this. It's the magic mirrors and two characters that my son has lost while playing that kills the game for me. This is seriously the worst update I have ever seen and Pipeworks should be ashamed for releasing it. My son has cried over 2 lost characters that he spent a decent amount of time on. Who did your QA and why did you ignore them?

We are likely quitting the game and will not be back. You lose customers when you put out a product that is this bad. These corrupted saves are just horrible and there are multiple people reporting them. How did this happen? Did you have a release date for Xmas week and it got pushed out months before it was ready?

Thanks for putting out an update that makes kids cry.
You think the update is the worst, I get it. In an effort to try and help you, I’ll let you know that I’ve seen reports that indicate using the ‘build mode’ may be part of why items are going missing. I am not sure of the replication steps. If you decide to play, pay close attention to your items if you use ‘build mode’ as a workaround until Pipeworks can hand in their new hotfix to Sony when Sony opens back up. The missing items is on the list for being looked at and hopefully will be part of the hotfix.

Saves shouldn’t get corrupted, that’s not anything that was happening while the QA team tested the update, otherwise it never would have gone out. A user base of millions will always have issues that never once cropped up in testing, and Pipeworks is working hard to track down the cause of the issues. Hopefully, as with any data information that is important, you have the characters backed up on a usb drive and can restore from there. Again, corrupted saves are not acceptable, but a backup can be used in an emergency.

If you want to try and help make the update better, Pipeworks is listening to all feedback, both positive and negative, and are looking over bug reports. Sharing your detailed information can help them pinpoint where the cause of the issues are. You can send your info here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You think the update is the worst, I get it. In an effort to try and help you, I’ll let you know that I’ve seen reports that indicate using the ‘build mode’ may be part of why items are going missing. I am not sure of the replication steps. If you decide to play, pay close attention to your items if you use ‘build mode’ as a workaround until Pipeworks can hand in their new hotfix to Sony when Sony opens back up. The missing items is on the list for being looked at and hopefully will be part of the hotfix.

Saves shouldn’t get corrupted, that’s not anything that was happening while the QA team tested the update, otherwise it never would have gone out. A user base of millions will always have issues that never once cropped up in testing, and Pipeworks is working hard to track down the cause of the issues. Hopefully, as with any data information that is important, you have the characters backed up on a usb drive and can restore from there. Again, corrupted saves are not acceptable, but a backup can be used in an emergency.

If you want to try and help make the update better, Pipeworks is listening to all feedback, both positive and negative, and are looking over bug reports. Sharing your detailed information can help them pinpoint where the cause of the issues are. You can send your info here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html
I submitted a bug report. We can add no goblin army spawning to that list. I finally got it in a single player game. It doesn't seem to spawn in multiplayer. The message says goblins are coming from the east/west but they never arive.

And yes, I'm a little angry when the bugs that are happening are nurmerous and not outliers. Corrupted saves, multiple invulnerable mobs, missing items, etc is the main part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom