Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same for probes? I read that they spawn most in space, at the edge of the map, but so far not one has shown up (in space).
You are correct, the only thing is that probes are very rare. Use a water candle and battle potions.

I love the update so far, I've been excited about it since PC, but I really can't stand the new way of crafting. I loved the old one, it was clear and easy to explain to the many kids I take care of and play with, but they really can't get into the new tiny menus and the horribly small text for death and events. I think the layout was perfect before, it's what made me love console over PC in the first place.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's much worse in split-screen, too. The tiny text is completely unreadable without being two inches from the screen.. which we can't all be, of course.

Last edited:
I love the update so far, I've been excited about it since PC, but I really can't stand the new way of crafting. I loved the old one, it was clear and easy to explain to the many kids I take care of and play with, but they really can't get into the new tiny menus and the horribly small text for death and events. I think the layout was perfect before, it's what made me love console over PC in the first place.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's much worse in split-screen, too. The tiny text is completely unreadable without being two inches from the screen.. which we can't all be, of course.

Also, chest related text: rename , deposit all, etc... clashes with item text like prefix mods. I wonder if making the text a little bigger and adding a dark filter on hover would address that issue, having the sit on my TV when I reforge to make sure I don't overwrite a prefix I want is annoying.

Hi, so i commented awhile back about some issues iwas experiencing with the update. I've been playing it everyday since and I've been paying close attention to what is a real hindrance to game play and what is workable. Beyond bugs, the menus have become a real issue. Words overlap each other when on the crafting page. Its difficult to see what items are required for crafting and what the crafted item actually does because the two overlap each other. I'd honestly be satisfied with just that fix.

I have enjoyed all the great new content and the new character creation options. The addition of the lunar events has given me new things to discover and has definitely added an element to the game.

All in all, the update took some getting used to, but im loving it.

noticed a severe uptick in freezes on death after using the stardust dragon. it has happened 4 times since I started using it.

noticed a severe uptick in freezes on death after using the stardust dragon. it has happened 4 times since I started using it.

I've been using the dragon a lot, and had quite a few freezes (well over 4 lol)

There are times I've died with the dragon active and everything's been fine, but if an event is happening or I'm dealing with the celestial towers, then that nearly always causes a freeze. Not sure yet if the length of the dragon ( i.e. more summoned) makes a difference.

I have found that the stardust cells tend to work better in those situations anyway, so I've started switching between the two.

I also have the same freeze every time I die while stardust is out. I had to stop using him, which is a shame.

My game was stuck in Martian Madness with no UFO spawning. 8 game days later, they finally showed up. For those of you experiencing the same problem, be patient..... VERY patient, it will happen.

So now that is done, I have headed over to the Dungeon, but no cultists. I re-killed all of the mechanical bosses, Plantera and Golem. Still no cultists. This is an old world that is not Expert mode. How do I get the cultists to spawn?

I have killed the cultists and pillars a bunch of times in my new Expert mode world, but I can not kill Moon Lord. Any tips? None of the strategies I have found online help because heart spawners, invicibility timers and campfires have all been 'fixed'. I can get his heart to about 50% before I die. My new idea is to kill him in a non Expert world where he would be easier, craft the new top tier armor, and then come back for another try in Expert. However, see above, I cant summon him in non-Expert. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I have killed the cultists and pillars a bunch of times in my new Expert mode world, but I can not kill Moon Lord. Any tips? None of the strategies I have found online help because heart spawners, invicibility timers and campfires have all been 'fixed'. I can get his heart to about 50% before I die. My new idea is to kill him in a non Expert world where he would be easier, craft the new top tier armor, and then come back for another try in Expert. However, see above, I cant summon him in non-Expert. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
I've tried using the maximum amount of dragons and using the nurse very helpful. Just stay in chat with the nurse so she won't move and wait fir your dragon to kill it but close the nurses interface sometimes so she can heal herself

Has anyone noticed if theyre using the stardust dragon every time they die and it freezes? I've already reported the bug but im trying to see of thats the issue so I won't use that minion I guess.

I've tried using the maximum amount of dragons and using the nurse very helpful. Just stay in chat with the nurse so she won't move and wait fir your dragon to kill it but close the nurses interface sometimes so she can heal herself
This is even easier to achieve when she is in a 2 block wide space on the other side of a 1 block thick wall, and turning on auto-pause in the options means you can do it easily.

That's useful information. Thanks!
I was always using the stardust dragon when mine death crashed. Now I stoppes using it and it hasnt done that again
[doublepost=1514344152,1514344007][/doublepost]
I'm not entirely sure if u guys sent out a hotfix because i got a notif saying a new terraria update was out, but if you did im still freezing when i get killed by the pillars and the moonlord stretch is kind of still happening(its a little stretch and half the screen is just unseeable(splitscreen).And the first time the martian probe saw me was about to fly out the game crashed, but second time it didn't haven't tried a 3rd time. But other than that most things are running smoothly
Are you using the stardust dragon when you Death freeze? Cause I was and that was happening to me. I stopped using it and it hasnt happened again

I also have the same freeze every time I die while stardust is out. I had to stop using him, which is a shame.

My game was stuck in Martian Madness with no UFO spawning. 8 game days later, they finally showed up. For those of you experiencing the same problem, be patient..... VERY patient, it will happen.

So now that is done, I have headed over to the Dungeon, but no cultists. I re-killed all of the mechanical bosses, Plantera and Golem. Still no cultists. This is an old world that is not Expert mode. How do I get the cultists to spawn?

Read a few forums and it should only be a day game time to respawn.

I was always using the stardust dragon when mine death crashed. Now I stoppes using it and it hasnt done that again
[doublepost=1514344152,1514344007][/doublepost]
Are you using the stardust dragon when you Death freeze? Cause I was and that was happening to me. I stopped using it and it hasnt happened again
Hmm might try that, does anyone have any other minion suggestions other than the cell

i had been using the cell exclusively until recently to try out the dragon because it was working better for frost moon 15+ solo. cell is really good but dragon u just dont gotta worry about. but yeah. 0 freezes until i used it. wave 14 67% when i died and it freezed ;_;

i had been using the cell exclusively until recently to try out the dragon because it was working better for frost moon 15+ solo. cell is really good but dragon u just dont gotta worry about. but yeah. 0 freezes until i used it. wave 14 67% when i died and it freezed ;_;
ill try the cell thank you and better luck next time:happy:

Are there plans to support cross platform? Ie kids login from their tablets and I play on my Xbox One? Like I can with Minecraft...

Are there plans to support cross platform? Ie kids login from their tablets and I play on my Xbox One? Like I can with Minecraft...

There is no cross-play at this time. Both versions and the content from them would have to be the same for it to even be possible, and it's a ways off from that happening.

Thanks for all the feedback and reports everyone. The team is working on addressing the bugs and we'll coordinate with Re-Logic to determine what other changes will need to be made based on the feedback we've been receiving after the more significant issues have been dealt with. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom