Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the news on xbox? Takes only a moment to share ones plans moving forward. Will there be a hold on release for bug fixes or will it release with hot fixes to follow? Microsoft should be pulling the trigger shortly....

I think this is a legitimate question. Can Pipeworks at least let us know if xbox 1 will be held after certification for bug fixes? or will it be pushed out and have hot fixes applied?

Hey @Pipeworks, could you restore the invite only option? I'm a moderator for two communities; one consisting of 16 thousand members, and another consisting of 6-7k. It's impossible to make a world with friend without some random joining, stealing and destroying my stuff. Please, it was a a awful mistake to get rid of the option. I want to play with my friends in peace. I can't, won't, and don't want to trust everyone who joins me...:sigh:

Ugh, the thought of having millenials ransack my main map gives me the chills. If that is really how it is for PS4 users, I don't think I want to play anymore. I'm saddened that I'll never be able to hang out in my map I had since the dredded mayhem of 1.2 update, provided it makes it over to 1.3 ......... Really feels like a forcing to start over from scratch again as 1.2 made me start over three times from ecsessive crash deletes. I really hope PW introduces a patch for multiplayer hosting and invite only options. It was so nice to play by myself.

Please come out with Xbox 1.3, I know it is out of your control but I am still annoyed Xbox is taking much, much longer than PS4. Hopes it is Certified from Me.

We might as well not have it on ps4, because of all the freaking crashing glitches and item deletion

Yeah, maybe the MS certification team is actually testing the game while the Sony guys were longing for their holidays and just pushed the button assuming the publisher QA teams did a proper testing job :p (Yeah, I do also blame Sony for allowing this update to release in such state...)

Yeah, maybe the MS certification team is actually testing the game while the Sony guys were longing for their holidays and just pushed the button assuming the publisher QA teams did a proper testing job :p (Yeah, I do also blame Sony for allowing this update to release in such state...)
I really hope it's like that, so that wsy we don't get the :red: ton of bugs ps4 did

Pero cuando se puede avisar de la actualización de los móviles, al menos hay esperanzas de que están trabajando en la versión para móviles y cuando dijeron que iban a sacar la versión de PC me alegre un montón pero me entristece porque van a eliminar a marco (OCRAM)

Pero cuando se puede avisar de la actualización de los móviles, al menos hay esperanzas de que están trabajando en la versión para móviles y cuando dijeron que iban a sacar la versión de PC me alegre un montón pero me entristece porque van a eliminar a marco (OCRAM)

For anyone like me who doesn't understand spanish, google translated:

"But when you can warn of the mobile update, at least there is hope that they are working on the mobile version and when they said they were going to release the PC version I was happy a lot but it saddens me because they are going to eliminate marco ( OCRAM)"

We should have next steps on additional PS4 fixes and a Xbox One status update soon.
Nice. On the other hand, you guys always say "soon" even though it's not really "soon" but "someday" i guess you guys never really have much info about things (?)
[doublepost=1515107257,1515106853][/doublepost]
For people who can't understand spanish, here's a more accurate translation by a spanish speaker (me, spanish is my first language):
"But when you can tell us about the update for mobile, at least there is hope that they are working on the mobile version and when they said they were making mobile just like the PC version I was really happy but I'm also kinda sad because they're taking out Marco (ocram)"

(Marco is how spanish people say Ocram I guess, not too sure)

Nice. On the other hand, you guys always say "soon" even though it's not really "soon" but "someday" i guess you guys never really have much info about things (?)

We're working out all the details as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.

We're working out all the details as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.
A lot of people (including me) are also complaining about you guys deleting the invite only option, saying that it ruined terraria for them. I play xbox, so i don't know if it's that bad, but will you guys fix that sometime?

A lot of people (including me) are also complaining about you guys deleting the invite only option, saying that it ruined terraria for them. I play xbox, so i don't know if it's that bad, but will you guys fix that sometime?

Most of the issues we've seen reported boil down into the following categories:
  • Save Conversion Related
  • MP Overwrite Bug
  • Split-Screen Bugs
  • Controls/UI Usability
  • Crashes/General Stability
  • Event Spawning
  • Performance
  • Multiplayer (Private Games)
  • Other Miscellaneous Issues
We've been reading thousands of opinions, feedback, bug reports, and have even booted up several worlds sent to us by the community. Our main goal right now is to take care of the more significant lingering issues first like the crashes.

We're aware that "Invite Only" is a thing people are talking about and that feedback has been passed along to both the PW & Re-Logic team.

So in retrospect: the previous console team did a proper console port but had a hard time keeping up with the PC team for some reason, while you guys get credits for a slow port of the latest PC code, but failed to deliver the same quality we consumers expect from a console port.

Thanks again, I would prefer to go back to the previous version, but that seems to be impossible.

So in retrospect: the previous console team did a proper console port but had a hard time keeping up with the PC team for some reason, while you guys get credits for a slow port of the latest PC code, but failed to deliver the same quality we consumers expect from a console port.

Thanks again, I would prefer to go back to the previous version, but that seems to be impossible.

Unfortunately a large number of these issues (the most commonly reported) are a result of legacy data, so not exactly accurate.

Unfortunately a large number of these issues (the most commonly reported) are a result of legacy data, so not exactly accurate.

The online multiplayer and splitscreen part of the console experience is mostly broken. The UI is not usable, unless you sit in front of your TV... so yeah, the console conversion is a failure. At least for me and many other families who play your game.

So any news on whether 1.3 is going to come out for XB1 as is, with a patch behind it or are they going to incorporate the patch into the release?

We should have next steps on additional PS4 fixes and a Xbox One status update soon.
Please do! We’ve been waiting for so very long!!!
[doublepost=1515140380,1515140176][/doublepost]@ClearConscious, anything on Xbox One? Is it going to be held back for release with the hot fixes? Or released without it? Anything back from Microsoft? Please, anything at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom