Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Look at that first major wave of bug fixes. And how fundimentally game breaking and common a good number of them are. Sheesh.

That's not "stuff that slipped through the net". Within minutes of trying it, anyone could see major problems with it. You don't miss stuff like this. It just wasn't anywhere near ready to be released.

I can only speculate as to the reasons, but my guess would be there was something on the backend with the deal with relogic made with pipeworks as the developer of the console rewrite that stipulated it be finalised in 2017 or something. A lot of Dev milestones must have got missed. There's no good reason any developer would ever want to release it in this kind of state. They know it's bad.

I kinda just feel for them. They probably crunched like mad, and most games really come together in the final few weeks through that crunch period, But this one turned into a development finalisation swing and a miss of pretty epic proportions, which is only being further highlighted by the fact that the original console version is in a stable solid place right now, and the same for the pc 1.3. it's just highlighting how bad this is currently, whereas if a normal game release has these issues, no-one has preconceived ideas about how the game *should* look, feel, and run and they might get away with it more. Never mind the bugs.

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
I just want to give a thank you to Pipeworks right now. I'm about as frustrated as any other Xbox user here, believe me, but the fact that they're even putting in the effort to make Xbox a smooth launch is something I can appreciate.

Amazing how far we’ve come and Xbox players will still not have the update while PS4 players will have it, makes me question if we will ever get this update. Every time we come close to this update something happens and it gets delayed even further. How the hell fid we go from Q2 to Q3 to Q4 to Q1 the next year. How is this possible. We waited so long and we got a buggy release that makes people want to wait even longer to the point where I’ve waited too long to wait for any more bugs to be fixed. Come on, all I asked for was one update since it came out and I promised to get off your cases after that. Why does it have to be that update, the one I’ve wanted the most. Honestly I don’t even know if I should even wait for this anymore.

I know right. So far I've had about 4 dreams of getting this update on Xbox One, only to wake up in pure disappointment. I actually thought this week was the week 1.3 would come out. Looks like we have to wait a few more days, even weeks, AGAIN.

But hey, at least we don't get the buggy PS4 version, although, I mostly play Solo so the Multiplayer bugs won't affect me as much if I had a PS4.

Wow, Look at that first major wave of bug fixes. And how fundimentally game breaking and common a good number of them are. Sheesh.

That's not "stuff that slipped through the net". Within minutes of trying it, anyone could see major problems with it. You don't miss stuff like this. It just wasn't anywhere near ready to be released.

I can only speculate as to the reasons, but my guess would be there was something on the backend with the deal with relogic made with pipeworks as the developer of the console rewrite that stipulated it be finalised in 2017 or something. A lot of Dev milestones must have got missed. There's no good reason any developer would ever want to release it in this kind of state. They know it's bad.

I kinda just feel for them. They probably crunched like mad, and most games really come together in the final few weeks through that crunch period, But this one turned into a development finalisation swing and a miss of pretty epic proportions.
It's not that bad dude. A crash here and there, sure, but it runs and is 99.99% playable. You have absolutely no idea what happened behind the scenes and yet you act like you have all the answers. Why? Have you played the PS4 version? Because I have logged almost 40 hours into it and it's not that bad. Plus the initial delay was for a suspension bug that only affected Xbox, so delaying it for more bug fixes seems like a logical next step. It's been like 3 weeks. Folks just need to chill.

It's not that bad dude. A crash here and there, sure, but it runs and is 99.99% playable. You have absolutely no idea what happened behind the scenes and yet you act like you have all the answers. Why? Have you played the PS4 version? Because I have logged almost 40 hours into it and it's not that bad. Plus the initial delay was for a suspension bug that only affected Xbox, so delaying it for more bug fixes seems like a logical next step. It's been like 3 weeks. Folks just need to chill.
The wait is even worse when another fricken console has the update

As a dedicated Xbox Terraria player I'm happy to wait, there are plenty of other games I can play in the meantime, yes it's annoying we have to wait but Rome wasn't built in a day and 1.3 wasn't a simple copy paste port by the looks of things, hang in there ye of little faith, our day of judgement shall cometh :)

This is frustratin, but it is better to have something to enjoy and that functions rather than a broken game. It also doesn’t help that we were originally told Q2 of 2017 and that was an unreal expectation. Pipe works is also working on other games, and I think it is possible that they overlooked the issues because they were focused on other issues

I've recently bought a new game, so I can now play that instead of impatiently yelling mindlessly at a screen all day over an update that will/won't come out anytime soon. But even with this new game it's not the same as a game-changing update that I have longed for since 2015.

All in all, I'm glad that PS has put their time into making a "no-no" update happen on a console like these. I also appreciate their support into making 1.3 playable for PS4, and their support to try and make Xbox release sooner. But let's put it this way people, it's been far too long of a wait. Even sane people like me are slowly going insane. Just please fix the bug soon so we can play it.

Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.
Thats exactly how i feel about, before now i was supporting every step they took. I am honestly completely cool, i gave my opinion on what they're doing and how they went about it, outside of the "flaming" its completely justified. & its good to get a little rise out of the community, even if its all to hate on the guy telling pipeworks they screwed up. Ive done nothing but keep my cool this last month on these forums, but thats the final straw from them. Ill still enjoy their game, and hell when its released on xbox i might even thank em, but untill then, ill speak my piece. Hugely dissapointed in how they handled this release.

I've recently bought a new game, so I can now play that instead of impatiently yelling mindlessly at a screen all day over an update that will/won't come out anytime soon. But even with this new game it's not the same as a game-changing update that I have longed for since 2015.

All in all, I'm glad that PS has put their time into making a "no-no" update happen on a console like these. I also appreciate their support into making 1.3 playable for PS4, and their support to try and make Xbox release sooner. But let's put it this way people, it's been far too long of a wait. Even sane people like me are slowly going insane. Just please fix the bug soon so we can play it.
To be completely honest, I'm more worried about the time it takes Microsoft to certify the update than when PW resubmits it.

Thats exactly how i feel about, before now i was supporting every step they took. I am honestly completely cool, i gave my opinion on what they're doing and how they went about it, outside of the "flaming" its completely justified. & its good to get a little rise out of the community, even if its all to hate on the guy telling pipeworks they screwed up. Ive done nothing but keep my cool this last month on these forums, but thats the final straw from them. Ill still enjoy their game, and hell when its released on xbox i might even thank em, but untill then, ill speak my piece. Hugely dissapointed in how they handled this release.
Same here, I have to say this is the last straw for me too, I will be happy if it ever comes out for Xbox though, I can’t stress how much the update I wanted the most is the one that screws me over, I have other games but I’m planning to go on terraria immediately after this update comes out, if it ever does

But this one turned into a development finalisation swing and a miss of pretty epic proportions, which is only being further highlighted by the fact that the original console version is in a stable solid place right now.

"Stable solid place"? What game are you playing? The current version is anything but stable or solid. I can't even play with other people cause the game says my world is full and tells me theirs is too. People lose hundreds of hours of progress everyday to the world replacement glitch. Yeah, totally stable.

Looking at the other thread from my phone when I got off school I saw Pipeworks linked to this thread. I was both skeptical and excited for the release of the update for Xbox one and what do I see? Another letdown, I not going to be surprised if it never reaches Xbox. I’m giving Pipeworks a ten out of ten for dodging the Xbox release for this long, like “a few days behind PS4” must mean a month now or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom