Blocks & Decoration Small Suggestion Saturday: Demon/Crimson alters can Drop Themselves!

Do you want Demon/Crimson alters to drop themselves?

• Yes! Absotootley!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaahhhh NOPE.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Hey everyone, it’s Small Suggestion Saturday! Today I have a relatively simple suggestion.

So you know how the first time you got into Hardmode (or whatever time you did it) you got your PWNHammer and got so excited that you broke all the alters to get as much ore as you possibly could? Well, you probably realized that was a mistake, and that’s what I did as well. As a solution to this, I think that the alters should have a chance to drop themselves!

Basically, when you are smashing the alters with your holy hammer, they will drop 3-5 of either Dark Essence or Blood Essence depending on the alter destroyed. 15 Dark Essence and any workbench will create a Demon Altar, and 15 Blood Essence and a workbench will create a Crimson Altar.

When it is placed, it looks just like the natural alters that spawn. It can craft anything that the natural ones can too. This cannot be exploited to get infinite ores though, because once you break it (with any hammer), it will just drop itself and nothing will happen.

Thank you @ReusableLime20 for the Dark/Blood Essence idea!

Thank you for reading this Saturday’s Small Suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
The concept works, but I don't think it's very creative. Yes, they could just make an identical copy without all the details, but why not instead make a new item? It now has a chance to drop 'Dark Essence,' a crafting material which you infuse with a workbench/furnace to make a Demon Workbench/Demon Forge (names could be improved). Just my thought's.

The concept works, but I don't think it's very creative. Yes, they could just make an identical copy without all the details, but why not instead make a new item? It now has a chance to drop 'Dark Essence,' a crafting material which you infuse with a workbench/furnace to make a Demon Workbench/Demon Forge (names could be improved). Just my thought's.
I like it! I think I will add that to my suggestion!

I have a new computer ( HP Windows 10) can I get terraria on my new computer through steam or in any other way?

I have a new computer ( HP Windows 10) can I get terraria on my new computer through steam or in any other way?
I'm going to say this before a mod has to:
This section of the forums is not for asking about where to get Terraria. If you click the 'Forums' button on the top of the website, it should pull up a list of categories. One of these should help you. But, since you're here, yes, you can get it on steam or GOG (whatever that is).

I don't think you need a drop for the alter, it would be kinda useless, at hardmode, there's nothing to make in hardmode that needs the demon alter, i see how you might need the nights edge for Terra Blade, but you can just make a second world, thats what i do, i have a main world and loot world.

I was currently farming bosses from pre HM and I found them to be quite useful for quite a few recipes.
Alrighty Alrighty, it can be useful, i'm just saying not for hardmode bosses tho, if you wanna farm Pre Hardmode thats fine i guess, but i think you'd need more use for the altar to consider making it drop, you'd have to think of the icon aswell, the icons would look really out of place in an inventory.

I've seen many suggestions for a way to have portable* Crimson/Demon Altars. But I've never seen a thread or comment that suggests altars could drop themselves. This is just so simple and obvious, I have to wonder how it escaped our notice for so long. :)
Support.

Edit: * Portable, craftable or replacement altars.

Last edited:
Basically, when you are smashing the alters with your holy hammer, they will drop 3-5 of either Dark Essence or Blood Essence depending on the alter destroyed. 15 Dark Essence and any workbench will create a Demon Altar, and 15 Blood Essence and a workbench will create a Crimson Altar.
So... they drop a new crafting material that has only a single use?

Back
Top Bottom