tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Is there a list, guide, or some sorts of way to find out how to craft certain things from Chad's furniture mods? Like, how can I obtain the stained glass, limestone, or princess stuffs?

so... I was making a world, and it could not generate because of carpets from this mod,apparently.
yes, this is version 1.4.0.1 and yes, I tried to redownload the mod; here's the log:

Indice oltre i limiti della matrice.
in System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
in System.Array.GetValue(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
in chadsfurni.Tiles.Carpets.carpet.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
in Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
in Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
in Terraria.WorldGen.JungleRunner(Int32 i, Int32 j)
in Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass259_0.<generateWorld>b__15(GenerationProgress progress)
in Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
in Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
in Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
in Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
in Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

interesting.
whenever i place the decorative moon lord emblem it works perfectly, it looks sweet too, but when i attempt to remove it, nothing happens, try agian in the lower left, right and top-right nothing happens. but in the top-left 1/4 of the medallion it crashes.

I've run into the problem where I can't even make a new world with chads 14.0.1 installed because it fails to load and says there's no backup to a world I just created. I also had to delete an old world because I couldn't access it, simply because it failed to load the mod, and for whatever reason the backup was gone. I have tried deleting and redownloading the .tmod file but it didn't fix it.

Just a suggestion: You could add a wall mounted mirror, because there are already sinks in the game and I was thinking you could put a mirror over one. The only mirrors in the mod look like crafting tables with a strange mirror on it, so that could maybe be changed.

I just finished one of my playthroughs and this is the end result for my hall of fame, I love this mod so much

Attachments

• beautiful chad's furniture hall.png
    beautiful chad's furniture hall.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 68,362
it's just a shame this mod isn't compatible with multiplayer... whenever i try to use this mod, i can't host multiplayer.

* EDIT *
As a matter of fact, it IS compatible with multiplayer, just not with calamity. When I host, it gets stuck at "requesting world information". After on the calamity discord, the problem seems to lie in this mod. were you aware, and if so, when will a fix be shipped?

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to reply to everyone, I've been quite busy lately. Here's a little spoiler for the next update to make up for it:
upload_2018-1-15_10-16-44.png

With this mod enabled, my frame rate has been dropping considerably from smooth 60+ to 32-34 FPS.
Even tested with only just this mod enabled.
I'm not sure what could cause that, but I'll try some things out. Does it start immediately upon loading the world?
Is there a list, guide, or some sorts of way to find out how to craft certain things from Chad's furniture mods? Like, how can I obtain the stained glass, limestone, or princess stuffs?
As mentioned above, Recipe Browser is awesome. I plan on making a guide at some point, though.
Stained glass windows are made with various gems and glass blocks at an anvil. Limestone is made with stone and coral at a heavy workbench, and princess furniture is made with pearlwood and stardust at a workbench/sawmill. Stardust, in turn, is made with fallen stars at an alchemy station.
I'll look in that, thanks!
And thanks for the awesome mods Chads, keep up the great work!
No problem, and thanks :D
so... I was making a world, and it could not generate because of carpets from this mod,apparently.
yes, this is version 1.4.0.1 and yes, I tried to redownload the mod; here's the log:
snip
That's odd, I had that one, too. For it me it fixed itself at some point, though I'm not sure how. Try disabling the mod to make a world and then re-enabling it after the world is done generating. I'll look into this.
interesting.
whenever i place the decorative moon lord emblem it works perfectly, it looks sweet too, but when i attempt to remove it, nothing happens, try agian in the lower left, right and top-right nothing happens. but in the top-left 1/4 of the medallion it crashes.
That's a really weird one. I'll fix it in the next update, thanks for reporting!
I've run into the problem where I can't even make a new world with chads 14.0.1 installed because it fails to load and says there's no backup to a world I just created. I also had to delete an old world because I couldn't access it, simply because it failed to load the mod, and for whatever reason the backup was gone. I have tried deleting and redownloading the .tmod file but it didn't fix it.
I'm very sorry to hear that you lost a world to this problem :/
I'm currently working on fixing Save & Load issues, and I hope that the next patch will fix this issue. If the problem persists you might want to disable the mod until the next update comes out. Just for the record, are you using many other mods?
Just a suggestion: You could add a wall mounted mirror, because there are already sinks in the game and I was thinking you could put a mirror over one. The only mirrors in the mod look like crafting tables with a strange mirror on it, so that could maybe be changed.
I am planning on giving mirrors an overhaul in a future update. Currently I'm focusing on gardening stuff, but in future updates better mirrors are a given. Thanks for the suggestion!
I just finished one of my playthroughs and this is the end result for my hall of fame, I love this mod so much
That looks really awesome :passionate:
Could I add it to the builds-spoiler in the thread? With credit given, of course!
As a matter of fact, it IS compatible with multiplayer, just not with calamity. When I host, it gets stuck at "requesting world information". After on the calamity discord, the problem seems to lie in this mod. were you aware, and if so, when will a fix be shipped?
That's new to me. I'll look into this. I don't know when a fix will come, but I hope to have fixed it in the next update.

Sorry for taking so long to reply to everyone, I've been quite busy lately. Here's a little spoiler for the next update to make up for it:
View attachment 191623

That's odd, I had that one, too. For it me it fixed itself at some point, though I'm not sure how. Try disabling the mod to make a world and then re-enabling it after the world is done generating. I'll look into this.
Joke's on us then, cause I did disable all mods but the ones with worldgen stuff and it worked, re-enable chad's mod...load fails

I'm very sorry to hear that you lost a world to this problem :/
I'm currently working on fixing Save & Load issues, and I hope that the next patch will fix this issue. If the problem persists you might want to disable the mod until the next update comes out. Just for the record, are you using many other mods?

Yeah, if you watch any of FuryForged's modded terraria, I've been using a lot of the same mod's he has been using.
my mod list is here:
AlchemistNPC v5.9.1
Better Bard Bit's V0.2.2
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.2
Calamity Mod v1.2.4.2
Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod v1.4.0.1 (Disabled for now)
Cheat Sheet v0.3
Crystilium v11.3.1.5
Dual Wielding v1.0
Fargo's Mutant Mods:Summoning and Souls v0.14.4
Furniture, Food, and Fun v1.7.2.2
MaxStackPlus v3.2
MoreAccesories+ v2.1
Nightmares Unleashed v1.6.4.2
Recipe Brower v0.5.1
Reforeged Armor v0.01.2.1
Spirit Mod v0.1.3.3.1
The Luggage v0.1.3
Thorium Mod v1.4.3.8
Tremor Mod Remastered v1.3.2.7
VeinMiner v1.2.4.1
Wing Slot v1.3.2
Wireless v1.4
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.2.1
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1

Hi. I'm very interested in this mod, but I mostly play with a few friends in multiplayer, so I'm waiting for the go-ahead on that and for the stability issues to be worked out (one of my player's laptops has a hard time running even Vanilla terraria, so I don't want to give her any memory issues.)

If worlds are failing because of vanilla tiles being reloaded with Chadfurni, then maybe it has something to do with the newly placable vanilla tiles? Like maybe the Sword-in-stone tile having a problem accessing the enchanted sword vs arkhalis script, or something. I only know enough programming to know that literally any change could break something else in weird and mindboggling ways.

Looking at the preview image of your pillars, the cap on the marble pillar looks about a pixel shorter than the rest.

I'm wondering if your telescopes provide moon information to nearby players, like a combination Clock and Sextant.

Speaking of placing Mirrors on furniture, I noticed that vanilla sinks have the ability to be placed like a safe, on normal blocks, on platforms, or flat furniture, whereas most furniture can be placed on blocks and platforms, but not other furniture, while candles and such can be placed on tables and platforms, but not solid blocks. This isn't specifically about your mod, just a weird thing that I wish the wiki would explain. Since furniture is the name of the game for your mod, when your guide comes out, can you include the list of "legal" surfaces to place your new items? (atop Block, platform, table, hanging from block, hanging from hammered platform, hanging from background wall, whatever else I'm missing)

Speaking of sinks, the other day I was thinking that since regular sinks provide water as a "crafting station," Honey sinks should additionally provide honey, and obsidian sinks should provide lava. I know that changing vanilla items is outside the scope of your mod, but then I wondered about what sort of sink could then logically provide all three in a compact 2x2 package. Therefore, if you are still taking requests, I request a Hellhoney furniture set.

Also, I was trying to build a glass house in clouds and another in the ocean, the other day, but was disappointed that the background just showed pure sky behind. Do you think you can make glass walls that look like water or cloudwall is on the other side?

Yea, it did. Even in a world where nothing from this mod had been placed.
What version of tModLoader are you using?
yeah i had stopped using the mod after loading a saved world kept failing
I hope to have fixed this in the next update.
Yeah, if you watch any of FuryForged's modded terraria, I've been using a lot of the same mod's he has been using.
my mod list is here:
AlchemistNPC v5.9.1
Better Bard Bit's V0.2.2
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.2
Calamity Mod v1.2.4.2
Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod v1.4.0.1 (Disabled for now)
Cheat Sheet v0.3
Crystilium v11.3.1.5
Dual Wielding v1.0
Fargo's Mutant Mods:Summoning and Souls v0.14.4
Furniture, Food, and Fun v1.7.2.2
MaxStackPlus v3.2
MoreAccesories+ v2.1
Nightmares Unleashed v1.6.4.2
Recipe Brower v0.5.1
Reforeged Armor v0.01.2.1
Spirit Mod v0.1.3.3.1
The Luggage v0.1.3
Thorium Mod v1.4.3.8
Tremor Mod Remastered v1.3.2.7
VeinMiner v1.2.4.1
Wing Slot v1.3.2
Wireless v1.4
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.2.1
imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1
Thanks, I'll try them out and see if I get the same problem.
ok how do I make the spinning wheel? The recipe mod won't tell me
It's sometimes sold by the Merchant in Hardmode. I'm looking for a better way to obtain it, so if you have any ideas, feel free to tell me.
Hi. I'm very interested in this mod, but I mostly play with a few friends in multiplayer, so I'm waiting for the go-ahead on that and for the stability issues to be worked out (one of my player's laptops has a hard time running even Vanilla terraria, so I don't want to give her any memory issues.)
I can imagine that. I hope that the stability issues will be fixed soon.
If worlds are failing because of vanilla tiles being reloaded with Chadfurni, then maybe it has something to do with the newly placable vanilla tiles? Like maybe the Sword-in-stone tile having a problem accessing the enchanted sword vs arkhalis script, or something. I only know enough programming to know that literally any change could break something else in weird and mindboggling ways.
I've thought of that, but I don't think that's the problem. The placeable versions are completely different tile IDs, so they shouldn't* cause any conflict.
*You are absolutely correct that changing the slightest thing can completely break other things in surprising ways.
Looking at the preview image of your pillars, the cap on the marble pillar looks about a pixel shorter than the rest.
That's because the top row of pixels is a bit brighter than that of the rest. I'll admit, it does look a bit weird, and I might change it in the future.
I'm wondering if your telescopes provide moon information to nearby players, like a combination Clock and Sextant.
I have tried implementing the sextant one, but it glitched a bit. I plan on giving it another try in the future, though.
Speaking of placing Mirrors on furniture, I noticed that vanilla sinks have the ability to be placed like a safe, on normal blocks, on platforms, or flat furniture, whereas most furniture can be placed on blocks and platforms, but not other furniture, while candles and such can be placed on tables and platforms, but not solid blocks. This isn't specifically about your mod, just a weird thing that I wish the wiki would explain. Since furniture is the name of the game for your mod, when your guide comes out, can you include the list of "legal" surfaces to place your new items? (atop Block, platform, table, hanging from block, hanging from hammered platform, hanging from background wall, whatever else I'm missing)
That's an oddity of sinks that I've never noticed before, that's interesting. Thanks for the suggestion, I will include that information in the guide when I make it :)
Speaking of sinks, the other day I was thinking that since regular sinks provide water as a "crafting station," Honey sinks should additionally provide honey, and obsidian sinks should provide lava. I know that changing vanilla items is outside the scope of your mod, but then I wondered about what sort of sink could then logically provide all three in a compact 2x2 package. Therefore, if you are still taking requests, I request a Hellhoney furniture set.
Changing vanilla items is possible to an extent, I think this should be possible. I really like the idea of a Hellhoney set, thanks for suggesting! Since I'm only a one-man team and I'm pre-occupied with bug fixing at the moment, I can't really tell when suggestions will be added, but I've added it to the list!
Also, I was trying to build a glass house in clouds and another in the ocean, the other day, but was disappointed that the background just showed pure sky behind. Do you think you can make glass walls that look like water or cloudwall is on the other side?
That's a really cool idea! I could do that, yeah. In the meantime, have you tried using waterfall walls for the water one?

Back
Top Bottom