Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam new hear but ive been lurking for a few years tho. Will the abilty to auto sort cheast be in theis update. Its a nice qulity of life thing it helps alot for is unorganize types

I understand as an Xbox 1 player waiting eagerly for the bugs to be squashed. They are kind of live viruses and are very difficult to map down sometimes. I remember getting that nasty virus called Zero Access. It was a very nasty bug, fortunetly at the time my PC was a bit on the slow side upon boot up, which allowed me temporary access to the internet to find out what to do. It required speed, the notepad for copy and paste of websites address, because within a few minutes I was locked out because of Zero Access. I managed to fix the PC by overloading the ram with start up programs ultimately slowing it down enough for me to get the registry key information and a program to detect and delete the viruses. The process took approximately 36 hours to resolve, and 50+ reboots. It was not something you could resolve by inserting the windows cd and reinstalling the OS. You had to use either an external PC or use this method, otherwise it would stash itself inside your hard drives kernals forever with no resolve.

I understand as an Xbox 1 player waiting eagerly for the bugs to be squashed. They are kind of live viruses and are very difficult to map down sometimes. I remember getting that nasty virus called Zero Access. It was a very nasty bug, fortunetly at the time my PC was a bit on the slow side upon boot up, which allowed me temporary access to the internet to find out what to do. It required speed, the notepad for copy and paste of websites address, because within a few minutes I was locked out because of Zero Access. I managed to fix the PC by overloading the ram with start up programs ultimately slowing it down enough for me to get the registry key information and a program to detect and delete the viruses. The process took approximately 36 hours to resolve, and 50+ reboots. It was not something you could resolve by inserting the windows cd and reinstalling the OS. You had to use either an external PC or use this method, otherwise it would stash itself inside your hard drives kernals forever with no resolve.
Video game bugs and malicious viruses that will harm to your PC aren’t the same things.

Last edited:
Has the update been released for certification yet? If so, how long will it take to be applied to terraria for us all to play?

Last edited:
Has the update been released for certification yet? If so, how long will it take to be applied to terraria for us all to play?
Whenever it gets Submitted to Microsoft I heard it can take anywhere from 3 to 10 days remember that’s just what I’ve heard but as far as I know myself it has yet to be submitted if anyone knows any more details I’m sure they will let you know

the kid is pipeworks, the candle is 1.3 for xbox one, the girl is xbox users.

oJG3B.gif

Ok been lurking on all the forum posts about the new update and what not and I finally feel a good enough question needs to be asked and not skirted around CC, To me it seems like a better idea to have released Xbox One's update so pipeworks or whomever would have more bug testers, Xbox is not the same console as PS4 and I would wager since that is the case when the update does get released you'll be getting different bug issues to deal with. So here it is plain and simple, why didn't you guys release to Xbox One players to help find bugs that will be exclusive to Xbox consoles?

I’m a hanging my status on this it’s utter bs guys come one it’s been a year at this point can you spare us the wait fore once pppaaaaallllleeeeeaaaaseeee like for real just release the buggy version no one cares

Ok been lurking on all the forum posts about the new update and what not and I finally feel a good enough question needs to be asked and not skirted around CC, To me it seems like a better idea to have released Xbox One's update so pipeworks or whomever would have more bug testers, Xbox is not the same console as PS4 and I would wager since that is the case when the update does get released you'll be getting different bug issues to deal with. So here it is plain and simple, why didn't you guys release to Xbox One players to help find bugs that will be exclusive to Xbox consoles?

Most of the bugs that would appear would be on the same console regardless with the exception of a few that might be platform specific.

There also isn't a good way for Xbox players to send saves, so these save conversion issues that were encountered during the PS4 launch were critical to making sure that the game as a whole is much better off.

Just think about this. PS4 Players have essentially helped us create not only a better product for Xbox users, but the game as a whole. I think that's a great thing for this community.

Most of the bugs that would appear would be on the same console regardless with the exception of a few that might be platform specific.

There also isn't a good way for Xbox players to send saves, so these save conversion issues that were encountered during the PS4 launch were critical to making sure that the game as a whole is much better off.

Just think about this. PS4 Players have essentially helped us create not only a better product for Xbox users, but the game as a whole. I think that's a great thing for this community.

I want to be clear before I do this i'm not mad at pipeworks or anyone for that matter. I'm agrivated that I have to wait for 1.3, but fine if it means that I will get a better product I'll wait. But you just basically said PS4 players were the bug testers.

I dont get it. How can it be that most of you guys are just acting like 4 year olds because of a FREE update for an awesome game like this? A month fewer or later doesn' t make a difference. You can't tell me it's the only game you own so you NEED this. If you don't want to wait do a favor to the entire humanity and kill yourself

They're not consistent. Or professional. If they were hired to port a game from my studio, they'd be out of business by now.

By the way, I like the old-fashioned trolling. I miss when it was simple, and obvious. I wish you luck on your journey through the internet.

That is just a sad sad response to any xbox player, Just like having the video saying the update for xbox was all in microsofts hand when knowingly pipeworks had pulled it from certification and just lied to the xbox community. The simple solution would have been to come straight out and say, "guys, with as many bugs as the PS4 players are having, we need to pull the update until we can fix these issues" , not wait until days after the new year to skate around the fact it was pulled from certification.

This is my first post and I would like to say thanks to pipeworks as I have had the chance to fight the final boss and win a few times with the occasional crash here and there, I don't however have a viable means of sending the file, and feel as though my bug report would be inadiquate to say. And would also like to think of it as an extra challange to the game.

I'm On The Fence About This, To Be Honest. On The Bright Side, The Update Hasn't Made My PS4 Go Nuclear, But, I Feel It Could Have Used A Few More Weeks In Development. Not Being Able To Dye My Characters Is Very Irritating, But Hey, At least Slimes Weren't Replaced With Dungeon Guardians. Imagine How Bad It Might Have Been With Engine At The Helm. Just Remember; Things Could ALWAYS Be Worse.:redspin:

Why is everyone so mad about this update? I know it's taken forever but mistakes happen, and this isn't a triple-A company like dice or rockstar or 343, they're smaller, and unlike certain companies they want to make sure the update doesn't break their game for everyone. Most of you have other games to play in the meantime, stop taking your frustration out on the developers. Go pop some heads in pubg or beat that single player game you've been stuck on or go climb the ranks in cod or battlefield. The update will come out when it's ready, just chill and focus on your other games in the meantime. Or, just grind in your worlds for resources to craft upcoming items and prepare for the new bosses. Stop being so hateful to the devs and mods and other members of the community, we're all friends here, so let's act like it. Got it? Good.

Why is everyone so mad about this update? Most of you have other games to play in the meantime, stop taking your frustration out on the developers. Go pop some heads in pubg or beat that single player game you've been stuck on or go climb the ranks in cod or battlefield. The update will come out when it's ready, just chill and focus on your other games in the meantime. Or, just grind in your worlds for resources to craft upcoming items and prepare for the new bosses. Stop being so hateful to the devs and mods and other members of the community, we're all friends here, so let's act like it. Got it? Good.
Ahhh, Only If That Was Enough.
EDIT 1: I Meant If That Was Enough To Get Them To Stop Complaining. Just Clearing The Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom