tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
I believe a couple of the adventurer quests can't be completed pre hard mode like the demon wing one for example, unless I'm mistaken. Is it possible to get these not to show up until hard mode?

Demons are in the Underworld in Pre-hard. You may be thinking of the Red Devils that appear after a Mech Boss is killed

Last edited:
I believe a couple of the adventurer quests can't be completed pre hard mode like the demon wing one for example, unless I'm mistaken. Is it possible to get these not to show up until hard mode?
Demons spawn in Pre-hardmode, so why move quest to hardmode?

Demons spawn in Pre-hardmode, so why move quest to hardmode?

That is why I spoke in uncertain terms. I killed a bunch of those demons and still have not got a demon wing to drop so I figured it was from a hard mode enemy. I also can't get the Necronomicon to drop from the skeleton quest.

Are you killing Skeletons? If so, wrong ones, you need to be in the dungeon, the NPC does say to kill the enemies there. I got them to drop all over the place ended up with dozens of them all over the ground. As far as the demons go, the drop may be uncommon. So far, the only quests I think I haven't done, is the Slimes, and the Demons. I haven't had any issues with the other quests, other than they may take a while, depending on RNG. Just keep killing the Demons, I'm sure the wings will drop!

Are you killing Skeletons? If so, wrong ones, you need to be in the dungeon, the NPC does say to kill the enemies there. I got them to drop all over the place ended up with dozens of them all over the ground. As far as the demons go, the drop may be uncommon. So far, the only quests I think I haven't done, is the Slimes, and the Demons. I haven't had any issues with the other quests, other than they may take a while, depending on RNG. Just keep killing the Demons, I'm sure the wings will drop!

For the skeletons I tried both the ones in the caverns and the dungeon. For the demons, I have spent a few hours killing them and not one wing has dropped. The quest requires multiple so at this rate it seems like it will not be an achievable goal for me. Either the drop rate is exceptionally low or there is a bug in my game stopping them from dropping. Have you got any wings to drop at all from the demons?

For the skeletons I tried both the ones in the caverns and the dungeon. For the demons, I have spent a few hours killing them and not one wing has dropped. The quest requires multiple so at this rate it seems like it will not be an achievable goal for me. Either the drop rate is exceptionally low or there is a bug in my game stopping them from dropping. Have you got any wings to drop at all from the demons?
I will check this, this might be a bug, thanks for reporting.

I never tried to kill the demons, so unsure. I DO know that I have a chest full of the Necronomicons, though. No lie, lol. I got tons, and like fish quests, you can only pick up one at a time, so I just kept stuffing them in my piggy so I could keep picking up more. If anything, TOO many were dropping. Are you making sure that you are trying to collect them before the game day changes? I know I did that at first. I didn't realize they were daily quests, and spent an hour+ killing sharks looking for the chest, when the quest had changed.

agreed on the demon wing part, while the first time i got the quest was fairly early on in pre-hardmode and i couldnt really fight the demons easily, i was able to give it a go. i got down maybe 6 or 7 demons before dying, no wings dropped and im pretty sure they should of dropped one atleast, since they have two wings...

also, a little anecdote, you stuffing your necronomicons reminds me of the time me and a friend spent a few minutes packing a safe block full of diving helmets; we just thought of someone digging up this safe 10000 years later and out bursts 40 HUGE bronze diving helmets, like how did they even.

question, will other trees in the mod have their own Fruit?. like we get Apples from normal forest trees. Coconuts from palm trees, and so on?

allthought im not sure if you cant get fruits out of Boreal trees, but Jungle Trees and Cacao are pretty obvious.

Will this work with the Overhaul mod?
[doublepost=1515688523,1515688261][/doublepost]
As for the Framework 4.6 solution, I still don't believe it works if you're using Terraria Overhaul while generating a world with Antiaris. I've tried making a number of worlds now in various ways, and while I have MS Framework 4.6 installed, the guide's house consistently only appears while I don't generate worlds with Terraria Overhaul. Without it, the house appears fine.

Although like it's been mentioned before, all other structures and NPCs (including the pirate) from Antiaris still appear to get built perfectly fine with Terraria Overhaul in my experience -- all except for the guide's house for some reason. There is a definite conflict between these two mods, although it seems pretty minor.
Ok thanks

I never tried to kill the demons, so unsure. I DO know that I have a chest full of the Necronomicons, though. No lie, lol. I got tons, and like fish quests, you can only pick up one at a time, so I just kept stuffing them in my piggy so I could keep picking up more. If anything, TOO many were dropping. Are you making sure that you are trying to collect them before the game day changes? I know I did that at first. I didn't realize they were daily quests, and spent an hour+ killing sharks looking for the chest, when the quest had changed.

I'll try to get the Necronomicon again. I haven't spent nearly as much time on that as I did with the demon wings.

I just had the spider quest where you have to gather 12 spider drop quest items. Those are not dropping either. I am pretty sure I have an issue. Let me point out that I am using the Magical Storage, Vein Miner, and Unkillable NPC mods so it could be a conflict.

index.php

kdcROYP.png

Introduction

Antiaris is a new project from part of team which made Tremor Mod.
We decided to stop developing of Tremor Mod and make a completely new project.
Content in Antiaris will be more interesting, balanced and unique, unlike in Tremor, since we decided that "Quality > Quantity".
Our team will try to make the game bigger, make the player feel more interested in game.
Check the thread everyday for more information & spoilers!

Don't forget to join our Discord server!

Visit our Gamepedia Wiki for more information!

kdcROYP.png

Content
Antiaris can offer to you:
• 230 Items
• 13 Mobs
• 1 Town NPC
• 1 Boss
• 1 Mount
• 5 Structures
• 1 Music track
• Support of Russian, Italian and Chinese language
• Support of Boss Checklist mod by Jopojelly

kdcROYP.png

Changelogs​
Fixes:
  • Fixed Pirate's Ship floating in air if generated in ocean with Thorium's Aquatic Depths biome
  • Fixed some multiplayer issues

Changes:
  • All slimes now count for Adventurer's "Kill Slimes" quest
  • Blunderbusses are now displayed in player's hands when not used (Like Flare Gun)
  • Buffed Gold & Platinum Boomerangs
  • Ruby Rose now uses only 4 mana instead of 7
  • Added craft for Magnetic Boots
  • Robbers now drop Robber's Sack
  • Coconuts & Monster Skull can now drop without Adventurer's Quest
  • Monster Skull now drops less often and has bigger sell price
  • Forest Guardian no longer spawns with 100% chance

New items:
  • Robber's Sack
Fixes:
  • Fixed a lot of Multiplayer issues
  • Fixed NPCs banners bug
  • Fixed Robbers hitboxes
  • Fixed Endless Rocket Silo & Endless Dart Pack having wrong damage values
  • Fixed autopause bug with Unconsious Guide, Bound Pirate & Adventurer
  • Fixed Desert Island generation
  • Fixed Stolen Presents quest appearing before defeating Plantera
  • Fixed Golden Apple quest appearing in worlds with Platinum ore

Changes:
  • Updated some sprites
  • Rune Elementals now spawn less often
Fixes:
  • Fixed Robbers' Camp Generation
  • Fixed Desert Island Generation
  • Fixed Chest Finder spawning in Guide's chest
  • Player can now cancel Parrot Junior minion
  • 1st Amulet Piece now drops properly from Eater of Worlds
  • Fixed Antlion Doll not having recipe with Tissue Sample
  • Fixed Rich Mahogany items not counting as materials for Emerald Gel items

Changes:
  • Chest Finder also shows Golden Chests on map
  • Removed "1 minute duration" line from summoner staffs descriptions
  • Updated Royal Crystal sprite
Fixes
  • Fixed Adventurer giving the same quest everyday​
  • Fixed Boars going backwards while looking at the player​
  • Fixed Emerald Slime not jumping on enemies and water​
  • Fixed Antlion Queen not having any animation during last stage​

Changes:​
  • Adventurer now uses Shurikens as his weapon and has bigger attack range​
  • Player now starts with Wooden Sword, Wooden Pickaxe and Wooden Axe​
The initial v0.1 version is out and this means that the mod is released! :eek:

What was added?

230 Items: Weapons for all classes, armor sets, different accessories, mounts, placeables, materials and vanity items.
13 Mobs: Creatures with unique AI that spawn in different places and also have various loot.
1 Town NPC: Adventurer that can be found bound in new structure will give you daily quests and then reward you with useful items. Right now he has 19 quests for you. He also sells useful items that can be bought using new currency.
1 Boss: Face new post-Queen Bee boss Antlion Queen and get some valuable loot.
5 Structures: New structures that are generated around the world. These're Guide's House, Pirate's Ship, Desert Island, Sunken Submarine and Robber's Camp.
2 naturally generated tiles: Nature Crystals and Enchanted Stones can be found around the world and gathered for useful materials.
1 Music Track: Amazing music track by @Sprywisp made for Antlion Queen.
Support of Russian, Italian and Chinese languages.
Support of Boss Checklist Mod by Jopojelly.And even more other things!
kdcROYP.png

Latest spoilers
01.01.18:
Next update will add a bit more of Blunderbusses since in current version there're only Blundebusses made of beginning ores. Here you can see one of Blunderbusses suggested in our Discord server:
0bmRKUe.png

And there're even more of them! :p
07.15.17:
The first thing we made - is change of the beginning of the game.
Now, when player creates a world - a destroyed house will generate near player's spawn with a unconscious Guide in it.
If you talk to him - he will wake up and tell you a bit about his story that will lead to more adventures!
The chest in Guide's house also contains some stuff that can be useful for progressing.
OaMZVsT.png

Notes are a new little mechanic we've addded.
When used, it will show the message in interface like NPCs chats.
We've made it a bit realistic - the player will hold the note like shown on the screenshot until you close the Note via ESC button.
Btw, this Note is found in chest in Guide's House.
nxssakb.png

There is a special magic Stave which can heal town NPCs. It is very useful, since NPCs can help with killing enemies and very helpful if your NPCs are dying during invasions or boss fights.

Gif Link

Blunderbusses are new guns for beginning of the games. New players can craft basic Blunderbuss almost after starting the game. These weapons use new type of ammo - Buckshots.
BUenczM.jpg

Forest Guardian is the first new mob in the mod. It can spawn when you cut down a tree during night time and it's drop is used in many early game recipes.

Gif Link

Here is the repaired Guide's house with some new decorations.
gqaErrk.jpg

Gif Link

Gif Link

The beginning of the game in mod will be more interesting. For example: You can get Leaves when cutting down a Tree. There is also Scissors in Guide's house chest that can cut Vines. Combine Leaves & Vines and you will get your first healing item that heals only a bit of health but can be crafted easily.
dodvGXb.png

Gif Link
Gif Link

Qmgl9Hk.png

6f5pIRA.png

Gif Link

Royal Gel is pretty useless expert item, do you agree?
Well, no more! By finishing Adventurer's quests you will be able to get a Emerald Net which will allow you to catch slimes (If only you have Royal Gel equipped) and get Emerald Gel. You can make many useful items with this gel!

Gif Link

Since there's Adventurer NPC with quests, we decided to allow other mods add quests for him too! Because why not?
This is an example quest done in separate mod, you can see the code in the lower part of the screenshot. Pretty easy to do!
The code allows to set quest message, message for finishing the quest, set the quest item & reward for it.
jASGAZJ.png

vm4gIdN.png

3lWFtWA.jpg

36qWcTk.png

Alpha version of something big that we're working on right now! :eek:
0pWJJc3.jpg

fsjWKU4.png

Here's a little structure that generates in caverns. By breaking these glowing things you will get an item that can be used for crafting Enchanted Armor shown before on spoilers.
DeXBUm8.png

hbfE40f.png

Make sure to check out music for our new biome made by our new composer - Sprywisp!
Soundcloud Link

Some people probably thought that all Adventurer's quests will be like "Bring me a certain item". However, there will be quests for killing different mobs! You can see one of these quests on the screenshot.
1dGutHP.png

We've reached 200 items in the mod! :happy:
The 200 item is "Jumper's Boots" accessory, suggested on our Discord Server. This accessory allows you to jump higher and also allows auto-jump (Like the Frog Leg does). The most interesting part of it is that it allows you to jump on the enemies dealing damage to them, like on the Slime-mount. You can now become Mario!

What could it be?..
XwsPfPz.png

There will be upgrades for Celestial Towers weapons (1 for each Tower) in the mod :eek:
95NLU7j.png

As you know, we were implementing a biome (Torment, to be exact) and there were several spoilers about it.
We decided to implement it in next versions, since the development of this biome takes a lot of time (And it is still not finished) and because of this we can't release first version of mod.

Do you remember the Note from first spoilers of the mod? We decided to update it a little bit, now it has new background so it looks more like a Note. And also it has updated text!
oNXlNtG.png

Decided to show you some of new decorative furniture added to the mod ;)
NUrmDpn.png

Finishing Adventurer's quest will give you a bit of new coins. You'll be able to buy some pretty useful items using them!

Also, not all items in Adventurer's shop are available from beginning, he will sell a new item when you'll finish a certain amount of quests
ospN0D8.png

You probably wonder why there're no spoilers? That's because we're really close to release! We only have to finish several things: Add a bit more Adventurer's Quests, some weapons, couple of armor sets, then we just need to test everything a couple of times, fix bugs if we'll find them, and then you'll have the release! :naughty:
If everything will go fine, we will release first version on the next week :eek:

kdcROYP.png

Mod Videos
@HappyDays

@ChippyGaming
kdcROYP.png

Our Team
kwYj8T5.png

@zadum4ivii - founder, programmer

oZx6M3i.png

@Zerokk - programmer

@Sprywisp - music creator

X2sIgFk.png

@DarkTiny - spriter

@Ryuno_Kota - spriter

@Vikri - spriter

@CursedKnight - spriter

kdcROYP.png

Credits
• Re-Logic - for creating Terraria
• tModLoader team - for developing tModLoader
@KBitegp - for making Italian translation of mod
@#AmetistoFF - for being a beta tester of mod
@Zoomo - for allowing us to use his sprites & ideas
@Sergo - for allowing us to use his sprites & ideas
@Bla2e - for making armor animation sheets
@TMRC - for allowing us to use his sprites

kdcROYP.png

Support
Wanna support the mod?
Put this code into your signature to add an awesome banner by @DarkTiny into it!
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/antiaris.59884/"][img]https://i.imgur.com/7KCaaQK.png[/img][/url]
7KCaaQK.png

kdcROYP.png

Download
Latest version is 0.1.0.4
Antiaris can be downloaded via tModLoader's Mod Browser.
Alternatively, you can download the mod from Google Disk and install it manually.

kdcROYP.png

Conclusion
If you have any ideas - feel free to share them in comments!
Don't forget to check the thread for spoilers if you don't want to miss anything!

love this mod hope it gets more content keep up the good work

I just had the spider quest where you have to gather 12 spider drop quest items. Those are not dropping either. I am pretty sure I have an issue. Let me point out that I am using the Magical Storage, Vein Miner, and Unkillable NPC mods so it could be a conflict.

This one took me a while to do, as well. Are you trying to get the drops from the Creepers? They aren't what drop them, if you have a life form analyzer, you will see baby spiders/eggs as rare enemies showing up. The babies are what drop the quest item, with a 100% drop rate, they can just be rare to spawn, and even harder to find/kill as they can spawn outside of the spider biome, and aren't easy to see.

Edit:

zadum4ivii this brings up a little idea, could these baby spiders/eggs always spawn where there is spider background wall? Might not be a terrible idea, kind of like the Webbed Stylist always will. Whenever I got this quest it would actually take me two tries, I never was able to get all 12 quest items in one in game day, although my spider biomes were pretty small

I just tried the kill 5 giant birds on the sky island quest and I could not get it to work either. Of course I assumed they were referring to the harpy. Let me guess, it's not supposed to be harpys is it? :) I even tried it with all mods disabled except for magic storage. I can not imagine playing without magic storage so if that mod is causing the issue then I guess I can't do quests. There is no way I am going back to sorting and searching through countless chests.

For the spiders, I never saw the baby ones. Perhaps I will need to search more but with the way my luck is going with these quests I do not have much hope.

I was however able to complete the slime quest, the ocean fishing quest, the coconut quest, and the craft a scarf quest.

Magic Storage isn't the issue, I use that as well. The target for the Giant Birds are NOT Harpies, but a rare enough spawn that it may take you almost a full in game day to get enough to spawn to finish the quest. I think you might be impatient on this. These quests all easily take up to a full in game day, to having it take getting the quest multiple times to get enough of the items needed to complete them. I have had zero issues with completing any of them, minus the Demon Wings (which I just haven't attempted), or the Slime quest (I have yet to have the NPC give me this one). I can assure you, these quests work. They can just take a VERY long time to complete, with rare spawns, and low drops.

In my run, the bound pirate and the adventurer I rescued died and won't respawn, I've checked every house and i have four rooms that are valid. Is this a known problem or a new one?

After you complete his quest, I believe he is meant to vanish for good. Did you finish his quest, your reward is enough materials to create one, and only one of his weapons. Also, did you check all his barrels and crates? They are worth checking!

Back
Top Bottom