Mobile Please help! World crash issue

yukataur

Terrarian
so I have this world on my mobile terraria (iOS), which has been my main world from the start but just yesterday when ever I try to load that world it loads about 2/5 of the way, stops and makes this short static sound and crashes. Im pretty sure the issue is the world it self since my character is fine and I can still play on my other worlds totally fine. I tried making copies and uploading the world to the cloud to see if that solves it but all copies do the same thing and crash after a bit of loading. I do have a back up but it is not exactly up to date so if possible I would like to recover this world. Any help suggestions are much appreciated thank you!

so I have this world on my mobile terraria (iOS), which has been my main world from the start but just yesterday when ever I try to load that world it loads about 2/5 of the way, stops and makes this short static sound and crashes. Im pretty sure the issue is the world it self since my character is fine and I can still play on my other worlds totally fine. I tried making copies and uploading the world to the cloud to see if that solves it but all copies do the same thing and crash after a bit of loading. I do have a back up but it is not exactly up to date so if possible I would like to recover this world. Any help suggestions are much appreciated thank you!
If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

I’d suggest recovering the world from your backup, and then making regular backups of it to keep it more up to date.

I have experienced this issue myself. Just curious, is there any way to recover the file and get the world back? I lost basically everything.

I have experienced this issue myself. Just curious, is there any way to recover the file and get the world back? I lost basically everything.
Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Otherwise there is no way to recover a world that became a corrupted game file.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Otherwise there is no way to recover a world that became a corrupted game file.

I was actually backing up the world and when attempting to enter the world it crashed. I deleted the world and opened the original. It too, crashed. Being the second time I’ve lost practically everything, I think I’ll just send a ticket to 505

I’m pretty sure the problem is actually creating too many backups to local on your device then deleting them this happened to me yesterday on my STORAGE world with absolutely everything

I actually got this problem last time (Actually way worse, the game won't even load). Lucky me, I made backups for my character and worlds on my flashdrive. After that, I backup my files weekly.

This is why always split your things on different worlds/just use a Piggy Bank/Safe. Hopefully your world loads, or if it doesn't, backup your world file and reinstall Terraria :dryadsmile:

I’m pretty sure the problem is actually creating too many backups to local on your device then deleting them this happened to me yesterday on my STORAGE world with absolutely everything
I've never had a problem with a world file going corrupt because of making a backup. That's not to say it might not happen, just that I've never experienced it myself and I create multiple backups of my characters and worlds. Make sure that you are giving the game plenty of time to save while you are going through the menu screens, don't go from one screen to another super fast.

Back
Top Bottom