Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Just build a VM for Terraria, could probably even use an older version of windows if you wanted. Give it 6GB or Ram, 2 for the OS and stuff, 4 for the game. Install it and run it in the VM full screen. Really should not need to do this unless you are running a ton of mods. I can typically run 20-30 mods including the largest content mods (like Thorium, Calamity, Tremor, etc.) all at the same time without resorting to this.
What specs do you have? I don't have the strongest computer,.so even running a few mods causes stuttering, though the time when I am not stuttering, I am mostly staying at 60fps.

On the spawn relocation, just a few ideas (you probably already thought of all of these)
Drop down that includes these (or more)
1: Normal
2: Random Surface
3: Spawn on coast. Spawn on one of the ocean coasts like a shipwrecked person.
4: Underground (for Drow run easy mode) (spawn torch on ground at spawn)
5: Cavern (for Drow run hard mode) (spawn torch on ground at spawn)
5: Sky Island Spawn. Spawn on a sky island, chest next to spawn includes 200 rope.

Next Drop Down:
Biome selection

Spawn Kit:
Choose starting items that spawn in a chest next to you.

Then you could choose a Cavern Jungle start that would put you in cavern underground jungle for a hard drow run challenge.
[doublepost=1514828660,1514828441][/doublepost]

If you want the most memory and don't want to mess with your current PC build and you have some knowledge, build a VM on your machine with nothing else installed but Terraria. It will be given it's own 32-bit space and you will get the most of the 4GB. Everything from browsers, java apps, discord, etc. all run in the 32-bit space.
I feel like the coast spawn should be under biome selection. so its like selecting your y (height) and you're x (width) locations. As well as tick box to select biome spawn, but force it in the center, if it's so possible. This would allow you to choose novel spawn locations as well challenge biomes on normal spawn locations in one menu

Last edited:
Would it be possible to prevent NPC's from spawning altogether?
I feel like there are some great mods that tend to have NPC's that, in my opinion, change the game for the worse, such as the Miner from GRealm or AlchemistNPC's Brewer. I like everything else with GRealm, and AlchemistNPC's combined potions are a life saver, but I feel like I need to earn it and just buying them takes away the satisfaction of it.

Is it at all possible (or easy) to change the size of particular biomes and micro-biomes? I love the idea of having a spider nest 1000 blocks across or having a giant mushroom biome to explore. Even the marble and granite caves, though I understand that they are generated a very different and more rigid way.

From the little I know i'd assume that it would only really be possible by making a new biome that generates out of the blocks of those particular biomes to mimic that particular biome, and seeing as biomes are technically just the blocks they're made of the end result would work just like a giant version of the regular biome.

Imagine a marble cave 800 blocks tall, just a massive hollow shell with space for a town in the middle of it if you really wanted.

Would it be possible to prevent NPC's from spawning altogether?
I feel like there are some great mods that tend to have NPC's that, in my opinion, change the game for the worse, such as the Miner from GRealm or AlchemistNPC's Brewer. I like everything else with GRealm, and AlchemistNPC's combined potions are a life saver, but I feel like I need to earn it and just buying them takes away the satisfaction of it.
That's unrelated to this. This can't affect the in-game behavior.

Is it at all possible (or easy) to change the size of particular biomes and micro-biomes? I love the idea of having a spider nest 1000 blocks across or having a giant mushroom biome to explore. Even the marble and granite caves, though I understand that they are generated a very different and more rigid way.

From the little I know i'd assume that it would only really be possible by making a new biome that generates out of the blocks of those particular biomes to mimic that particular biome, and seeing as biomes are technically just the blocks they're made of the end result would work just like a giant version of the regular biome.

Imagine a marble cave 800 blocks tall, just a massive hollow shell with space for a town in the middle of it if you really wanted.
Yeah, that's a common idea, haven't tried to implement it yet.

i tried to search in thread but didn't find an answer so hope somebody will give me info.

1. does TerraCustom work with Overhaul mod? on screenshot i see TerraCustom sets own logo in Terraria, same thing i see Overhaul does when loading , that's why i'm afraid if it may be in conflict..

2. does current set of features allow to create a world with "full set of usually random/excluding items"? for example: there are different accessories that usually may be found only on Sky Islands; there are same some accessories that usually spawn in Pyramids = is there an ability in TerraCustom to generate world with sure spawn of all usually random items, so one didn''t need to create few world to get all balloons, or boots, or pyramid-themed items?
it feels similar to ability of spawning both metals, say lead and iron, so maybe there is a solution(at least with spawning more Sky Islands and Pyramids). maybe a checklist where one can check which items to spawn for sure and which are not needed(like Flare gun that imo useless).

Last edited:
i tried to search in thread but didn't find an answer so hope somebody will give me info.

1. does TerraCustom work with Overhaul mod? on screenshot i see TerraCustom sets own logo in Terraria, same thing i see Overhaul does when loading , that's why i'm afraid if it may be in conflict..

2. does current set of features allow to create a world with "full set of usually random/excluding items"? for example: there are different accessories that usually may be found only on Sky Islands; there are same some accessories that usually spawn in Pyramids = is there an ability in TerraCustom to generate world with sure spawn of all usually random items, so one didn''t need to create few world to get all balloons, or boots, or pyramid-themed items? it feels similar to ability of spawning both metals, say lead and iron, so maybe there is a solution(at least with spawning more Sky Islands and Pyramids).
1. pretty sure it should be fine, but if you run into problems, just disable overhaul until after you generate the world, since I'm pretty sure overhaul doesn't do anything in world gen.

2. that's not really a big concern. iirc, 3 sky islands will guarantee you all sky island drops. Pyramids I guess could have duplicates and missing items. Anyway, no, nothing special is done to guarantee things other than the vanilla code.

2. that's not really a big concern. iirc, 3 sky islands will guarantee you all sky island drops. Pyramids I guess could have duplicates and missing items. Anyway, no, nothing special is done to guarantee things other than the vanilla code.
can i hope for such feature to appear in future? recently i tried to play and got bored/irritated creating worlds simply 'cause most of times one of Sky Islands was filled with water and only once there was Pyramid spawned at all(and even when it was i couldn't get Sandstorm in a Balloon). don't get me wrong, if it's to much work to add then oh well my bad, bud if it's not that big of a deal, this feature could be marvelous!

Last edited:
My oceans are bugged on every map I generate. They are 20-120 blocks above the surrounding landscape. I've tried different combinations of terrain settings, but nothing seems to affect it. Is anyone else having this issue?
Bugged Oceans.jpg

can these features be added?
- counter/slider for number of Pyramids to spawn
- switch for no sky Islands filled with water to spawn

@BadScientist had some "higher"ocean positions but not that high.
I think the pyramid code is a bit of a pain and difficult to guarantee.

And sky oceans are needed for fishing quests, and also similarly difficult to prevent due to the way the code is laid out.

And sky oceans are needed for fishing quests, and also similarly difficult to prevent due to the way the code is laid out.
didn't think about this, thanks for pointing out.!

well then, is it possible to add sliders of sorts for increased spawn chance for some items?(rare accessories, weapons, items) as i know each item has a spawn rate, so if say some accessory has chance to spawn in 1 out of 15-20 golden chests, ability to increase this chance would be grate!(like spawn in 1 out of 8-12 or whatever selected with slider)

Just wondering, Is there any way to make this compatable for Terraria leveled? Whenever I install Terraria leveled using the Tmod loader 1.3.5 Compatability patch, Terracustom doesnt work.
I use the latest version of terraria, Terraria leveled standalone v11.1, tmod 1.3.5 compatability patch (v0.9.2.3 for v1.3.5) and that's it.
I'd really appreciate it if this was fixed, I only really play the leveled standalone with my friends since we have issues with tmod.

1/30/2018 8:32:34 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". File contains Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteFont but trying to load as ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
I don't know if it matters, but I install in these steps

Just wondering, Is there any way to make this compatable for Terraria leveled? Whenever I install Terraria leveled using the Tmod loader 1.3.5 Compatability patch, Terracustom doesnt work.
I use the latest version of terraria, Terraria leveled standalone v11.1, tmod 1.3.5 compatability patch (v0.9.2.3 for v1.3.5) and that's it.
I'd really appreciate it if this was fixed, I only really play the leveled standalone with my friends since we have issues with tmod.

1/30/2018 8:32:34 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". File contains Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteFont but trying to load as ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
I don't know if it matters, but I install in these steps

Isn't Leveled now not a standalone and only a tmodloader mod anyway now?

Try this https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom/releases/tag/v0.4

Thanks, it works perfectly.
Yeah, Leveled is now a tmod loader mod. My friends and I just use the Standalone because it's easier to set up.

Back
Top Bottom