Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just sell the game to a company that can properly support it. Three years is too long to wait for any update.

Pipeworks has only been working on Terraria since last year (2016) around September, if memory serves.

The other studio that handled console prior was let go for whatever reason.

They will probably do PS4 fixes firstly since it was released first which is a given by this point. And Xbox will be worked on after the bugfixes are fixed on the ps4. But that's just a marketing guess. It makes more sense for PS4's version to be fixed then to give Xbox One the fixed version of the update. Things like this usually end up in console wars.

They are being worked on in parallel. There is no "internal prioritization" - and this is part of the beauty of having that one singular codebase (fixes to that core actually help fix both platforms at once - outside, of course, of any platform-specific issues like the XB1 suspend issue).

Stop taunting us on Twitter and please just be honest. Is the update even coming out anymore?

Absolutely 100% it is.

It makes me wonder if that’s a business arrangement.

Nope. No business arrangement. Such things DO exist in the industry, of course, but not in this situation. The desire was for a parallel launch, but that suspend thing and then the holidays and then the PS4 issues (that would have also happened on XB1)... and here we are.

I'm going to feel very bad for Pipeworks, it seems like they haven't squashed one of that list.

Where are you getting that impression? Just curious. It isn't remotely true, but if something in the comms is giving that impression, it needs to be corrected. :)

some of it is to do with legacy items and worlds.
what i find interesting is that alot of the crashing bugs seem to be with segmented things

There is a lot of truth to these two statements. Not that simple, of course....but those have indeed come up as common root causes for at least some of the bigger issues. Both are being worked on as a part of the current work.

Ok im gettin the :red: off this forum cant deal with idiots anymore
[doublepost=1516266577,1516266551][/doublepost]
How to spot a [redacted by staff]
Salty much?

On a serious note its obvious that you didn't read @JellyMantis posts because if you did you would see that he is an Xbox player but nope you gotta be ignorant and double down kid.

Honestly I'm quite curious on what you called me did someone see it before it got redacted?

Salty much?

On a serious note its obvious that you didn't read @JellyMantis posts because if you did you would see that he is an Xbox player but nope you gotta be ignorant and double down kid.

Honestly I'm quite curious on what you called me did someone see it before it got redacted?
He won't be responding further, so we request that you (and everyone else) drop it. We consider the matter closed.

---
For everyone: I'm not going to repeat this again - be respectful of others, even if they are not respectful to you. Report it and move on. No one gets a free pass to retaliate for something rude being said to them.

We realize that many of the people posting in these threads are relatively new to these forums, but that does not mean that anyone can ignore our rules. Please post with respect, civility and maturity. Thanks.

1/30 (1/3 chance for an enchanted sword. 1/10 chance that you'll get it) chance to get it. Yeah it's hard. But about 10 or so worlds should get you it.

I'll end this comment on another note than the previous one, it would be appreciated by me and all of the community, if not, much of it, if Pipeworks Studio told us how many bugs are so far squashed and what needs fixing. More communication would be lovely.

Hope you take that to heart, developers.

:cool:

I'm going to update my previous prediction to mid to late February at best, March at worst. And no status updates for how long? Geez, @ClearConscious, throw us a bone. Also, does anyone else hear calls for a piss boy when @Tunnel King posts?
The last status update was six days ago. That's not at all a long time in game development.
I'll end this comment on another note than the previous one, it would be appreciated by me and all of the community, if not, much of it, if Pipeworks Studio told us how many bugs are so far squashed and what needs fixing. More communication would be lovely.

Hope you take that to heart, developers.

:cool:
While that may seem like a good thing to do, it would most likely be detrimental. Knowing how many bugs have been fixed and which ones haven't yet doesn't tell you anything about how far off the release is, and if anything people are going to 'calculate' release dates based on how much time they think (read: blindly guess) those bugs are going to take to fix. All that is going to is spread around misinformation, and that's in nobody's favour.

He won't be responding further, so we request that you (and everyone else) drop it. We consider the matter closed.

---
For everyone: I'm not going to repeat this again - be respectful of others, even if they are not respectful to you. Report it and move on. No one gets a free pass to retaliate for something rude being said to them.

We realize that many of the people posting in these threads are relatively new to these forums, but that does not mean that anyone can ignore our rules. Please post with respect, civility and maturity. Thanks.
Will do.

The last status update was six days ago. That's not at all a long time in game development.

Yeah, that is true, but it was not new information. It looked like they copied it from an earlier one. Too much communication on status is not a bad thing. At least a "good news, everyone...." or something encouraging.

I get where people like you come from. Six days is, in fact, not a long time in a game company's status update timeline. I agree with you. BUT, when an update gets delayed as much as this one, more status updates would be like euphoria waves to the XBX1 community, they would relieve us of our long wait.

I get your positive attitude, I honestly appreciate it, too. But THOU have to put context into the picture to see la light, monsieur. Wow, that last line was too mystical . . .

Yeah, that is true, but it was not new information. It looked like they copied it from an earlier one. Too much communication on status is not a bad thing. At least a "good news, everyone...." or something encouraging.

Those statements are true, actually.
[doublepost=1516294369,1516294322][/doublepost]
Troubleshooting. I will find a sword shrine with the real sword, place a bed, and exit without saving until I get the Arkhalis instead of the enchanted sword.

Didn't they remove exit without saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom