Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Playstation, but we abbreviate that as PS. English is weird.
The reason PlayStation abbreviates like that is because the capitals Play station or PS.
————————————————————
I’m really hoping Xbox one 1.3 comes within the next few weeks :p

Last edited:
The reason PlayStation abbreviates like that is because the capitals Play station or PS.
Back in the age of the original Xbox everyone spelled it XBox. Either way I think the abbreviations have more to do with phonetic sounds than anything. We like to break things up at the places that sound like words.

I had a dream last night about the xbox update for terraria that was too good to be true. In my dream the update was an instant download, the console ui remained but was somehow mixed with pc ui, and I went from starting over to defeating the moon lord in five minutes.

I had a dream last night about the xbox update for terraria that was too good to be true. In my dream the update was an instant download, the console ui remained but was somehow mixed with pc ui, and I went from starting over to defeating the moon lord in five minutes.
"Soon" it won't be "Soon" and it will be out after the long "Soon" we had to wait

1/12/18 Status Update

Happy Friday Terrarians!

The team is continuing to investigate and resolve bugs since our last post on January 5th.

We’ve got some great news when it comes to the crashes that the community has been reporting. We believe we’ve isolated and fixed several issues that were originally thought to be related to the crash on death or with the Stardust Dragon. It turns out that these bugs were related to segmented bosses or NPCs, which affected both Pre & Post 1.3 content. These issues were more prevalent in certain legacy worlds so we want to thank those that sent in their saves as it was tremendously valuable to the team.

We want to continue to ask players to send us a copy of their save data as it’s a great tool for helping us verify fixes. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

We also want to point out that we do receive the PS4 software error reports that pop-up for players after the game crashes. If this prompts for you after a crash please put as much detailed information as you can about the crash. These details can be extremely useful for helping our QA team narrow down some of the more elusive crashes.

We have a lead on the crash bug that is preventing us from resubmitting and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a fix in place and the update has been sent off to certification. In the meantime we thought we would share the news on the other fixes that would be making it in.

Thanks again,

The Terraria Team @ Pipeworks Studio

Additional PS4 Hotfixes (1/5/18)

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
Hi please any update any thing at all?

Why keep asking for news? They have said they will give us news when they have some. Asking for news that doesn't exist just frustrates things. It's not like they are sitting there deliberately not giving out any news; that wouldn't be in anyone's interest.

So do we have an estimate on when the lost worlds will be fixed?
Also will there be a way to get them back?
I lost my maim world and it was overwritten with a world that was completely destroyed...i lost 99% of my good gear, not to mention progression.
Alsp would it matter if the world was Legacy? (Which it was)

I think we will hear an update on things soon.

Am I the only one that doesn't care about legacy anything and would have been 100% okay if everything legacy related was removed

Though I suspect some others may share your sentiment - we did not want to have that be a consideration. Granted, world conversions have not worked as smoothly for everyone as desired... but taking that away altogether just seemed like a bad idea.

Loki already mentioned in another thread that Legacy worlds and items were indeed causing issues to some degree in one form or another

Indeed, some of the issues are tied to legacy worlds. Not to get too far into the weeds there, but some of the root causes are just simply bizarre - including some long-standing nuances within the old version that I'm not sure anyone knew about at the time. Anyway, a lot of that has been found and addressed in the coming update.

On the whole "when was Terraria a 'complete game'" debate - it was a complete game all along. For many of us, we thought it was "done" circa 1.1, even. There is a difference between "complete/full" and "everything". For example, had Terraria stopped at 1.2 across the board, not one single person would be saying it wasn't a full/complete game. So, in the absolute, I suspect we would get 100% agreement on that point - meaning that objectively, this is pretty much fact. Using the relative argument that this is a full game but not exactly the same as another doesn't refute that fact. Also this is not and was never an Early Access game... so by definition, it was complete on day one.

Also, we do not control pricing on console/mobile like we can on Steam/PC. No way around that.

That said, we have been, are, and will be happy to keep bringing content to our community for no charge (and trust me, these 'free' updates certainly have a pretty large cost). Not saying we are a charity - but even at 20 bucks, Terraria is a really great value for your gaming dollar. Just because we have purposely chosen not to slowly raise the PC price (say, to match Minecraft's model), that again does not refute the objective standard of evaluation. Regardless, we are committed to getting as much to everyone as we possibly can (usually limited only by hardware constraints).

Not really looking to debate this, just sharing some perspective. :)

And seeing as how the console version is a complete rewrite with different software, I'm sure that pipeworks/505 thought that it was going to be a piece of cake with a simple rewrite but have learned that it may not be as simple as first dreamed it was

Terraria is a complex beast under the hood. I think many people see the relatively simple visual style and equate that to a simple game overall. When you sit back and think about the sheer number of variables at play though, it is a coding and testing nightmare. I do not know if they underestimated it or not - but I will say that in my time around the community, many people do.

Was it just me or on page 49 did a ton of people that have never posted on this forum before just get on NOT read the previous 48 pages (I wonder why they didn't) and ask questions that were already answered?

Heh. Pretty much standard for any thread like this. Not a big deal. :p

ps4 players what control scheme do you reccomend?

It is worth repeating that this version doesn't solely rely on a couple of selectable schemes/layouts. Console players finally get full remappable controls - so feel free to make your own style.

Last edited:

Though I suspect some others may share your sentiment - we did not want to have that be a consideration. Granted, world conversions have not worked as smoothly for everyone as desired... but taking that away altogether just seemed like a bad idea.

Indeed, some of the issues are tied to legacy worlds. Not to get too far into the weeds there, but some of the root causes are just simply bizarre - including some long-standing nuances within the old version that I'm not sure anyone knew about at the time. Anyway, a lot of that has been found and addressed in the coming update.

On the whole "when was Terraria a 'complete game'" debate - it was a complete game all along. For many of us, we thought it was "done" circa 1.1, even. There is a difference between "complete/full" and "everything". For example, had Terraria stopped at 1.2 across the board, not one single person would be saying it wasn't a full/complete game. So, in the absolute, I suspect we would get 100% agreement on that point - meaning that objectively, this is pretty much fact. Using the relative argument that this is a full game but not exactly the same as another doesn't refute that fact. Also this is not and was never an Early Access game... so by definition, it was complete on day one.

Also, we do not control pricing on console/mobile like we can on Steam/PC. No way around that.

That said, we have been, are, and will be happy to keep bringing content to our community for no charge (and trust me, these 'free' updates certainly have a pretty large cost). Not saying we are a charity - but even at 20 bucks, Terraria is a really great value for your gaming dollar. Just because we have purposely chosen not to slowly raise the PC price (say, to match Minecraft's model), that again does not refute the objective standard of evaluation. Regardless, we are committed to getting as much to everyone as we possibly can (usually limited only by hardware constraints).

Terraria is a complex beast under the hood. I think many people see the relatively simple visual style and equate that to a simple game overall. When you sit back and think about the sheer number of variables at play though, it is a coding and testing nightmare. I do not know if they underestimated it or not - but I will say that in my time around the community, many people do.

It is worth repeating that this version doesn't solely rely on a couple of selectable schemes/layouts. Console players finally get full remappable controls - so feel free to make your own style.

Seems to me like you're quite active now (you were also on the PS4 release pages, recently). Is that a positive sign? Could this be Loki trying to withstand his name, 'Low-Key'? Maybe 'Low-Key' is speaking for CC. Whadya guys think?

Sorry for the bad pun, I just had to.

BTW, you repeated your answers a couple of times.

Seems to me like you're quite active now (you were also on the PS4 release pages, recently). Is that a positive sign? Could this be Loki trying to withstand his name, 'Low-Key'? Maybe 'Low-Key' is speaking for CC. Whadya guys think?

Sorry for the bad pun, I just had to.

Maybe he does stand up to his name, being the Norse god of mischief lol. Or an unethical Asgard.

I am sharing what I can based on what I know. We are more involved on the console side than we have been in the past - so we are trying to help out our partners at 505/PW on this front where we can as well. That said, they will always know more and have the latest and greatest info.

Yes, my internet is a "joy and a pleasure" here.... sorry about that.

Maybe he does stand up to his name, being the Norse god of mischief lol. Or an unethical Asgard.

Unethical? Nah. I do enjoy some good natured mischief though. ;)

Why keep asking for news? They have said they will give us news when they have some. Asking for news that doesn't exist just frustrates things. It's not like they are sitting there deliberately not giving out any news; that wouldn't be in anyone's interest.
What about bug updates? Those would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom