Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
*loads videos of the past week of Xbox One 1.3 Terraria updates on YouTube*
Interesting, this person posted a video saying that 1.3 Xbox One has been sent to Microsoft but just leaves it at that with no proof so let me just check the comments very quick on the thoughts of this...yep things like this will be misleading to people causing problems in the future unfortunately

That's so very very true, the amount of information
Contained within the game far surpasses most other games, in terms of graphics it may not come to par compared to Ark or other high quality visual designs, which does limit playable content at this day and age. Where Terraria earns it's medals is the almost countless recipies, biome mechanics, boss battles which all have recipies/triggers to activate. Unlike most others where your boss is at a set location. Oh and don't forget hoiking! There's not many games that incorporate the ability to move and relocate the landscape.
I remember doing triggers in star craft where if you wanted to teleport a marine you'd have to bring a civilian named The Science Officer to a doodad PC control terminal and move the marine to the beacon but in order to do that you'd have to create a location layers at all the locations the triggers where not in scripting but in actual English so there was no code writing involved. But it would involve a tab called Conditions and another I can't remember, perhaps Actions. So it would look like
Conditions
"Player 1" Brings exactly 1 "Science Officer" to Location "Terminal"
"Player 1" Brings Exactly 1 "Terran Marine" to location "Teleporter 1"
Actions
Display Text "Hold on while I set the co-ordinents"
Delay "3000 microseconds"
Display Text " Okay Doc, I'm ready when you are"
Delay "3000 microseconds"
Display Text "Computer: Scanning Molecular signature...."
Delay "5000 microseconds"
Display Text " Scan Complete...Teleportation Initilizing"
Delay "2600 Microseconds"
Move Exactly 1 "TerranMarine" to location "Destination"
Set Switch 5: On

Making an entire complete story line, map, objectives was pain stakingly long and tedious...AND there's no scripting!! Ah! It would take a good month to finish a good map

Where the :red: is some news?! I love Terraria and I'm grateful to have an update, but this is :red:ing ridiculous. It's been over a month now and we still don't have an update. It's reasonable to be mad about Pipeworks because all they do is :red:ing delay the update and say, "Soon" This company needs to get their :red: together and finish this update already. Players have already waited long enough and as the community, (The millions of people who play Terraria) we deserve to know what's happening with the game we play. But when a company like Pipework Studios just gives random bits of info over the course of 1 and a half years, they shouldn't be allowed to work on future updates. This is bull:red:.

*loads videos of the past week of Xbox One 1.3 Terraria updates on YouTube*
Interesting, this person posted a video saying that 1.3 Xbox One has been sent to Microsoft but just leaves it at that with no proof so let me just check the comments very quick on the thoughts of this...yep things like this will be misleading to people causing problems in the future unfortunately
Well, it *was* submitted to Microsoft... and then it was put off when the PS4 version had some game breaking bugs and the XBox version shared similar ones.

It is misleading, to tell everyone the update has been submitted and then have it never come out. I suppose it's better than breaking the game for anyone that updates, though.

I'm a PC player, but still, I hope they pull everything back together soon and get this update in place.

That's so very very true, the amount of information
Contained within the game far surpasses most other games

Precisely. Imagine the scenarios that are possible. "Bug X occurs when player A has armor set 1 and weapon 4, whilst player B has armor set 7 and weapon 114... while they are fighting Boss N in Biome Y... but only if they are using ultrabright torches and its raining and the torches intersect with a left leaning sloped tile." < this is also why the more information given... and even saves given... are immensely valuable.

That is more or less what the team has to chase - though, admittedly, some of these that are being dealt with presently are a good bit more widespread.

Precisely. Imagine the scenarios that are possible. "Bug X occurs when player A has armor set 1 and weapon 4, whilst player B has armor set 7 and weapon 114... while they are fighting Boss N in Biome Y... but only if they are using ultrabright torches and its raining and the torches intersect with a left leaning sloped tile."

I can only imagine what Terraria was like in 1.1.2 before Mr. Spinks had cleaned up what he called a "mess of code".

---

As long as I'm posting in this thread again, I would request those of you frustrated by the wait to just hold out for a little longer. Your fun time will eventually come.
In the meantime, I'd suggest playing other games. After all, Terraria isn't the only video game in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom